1 2

#1September 10th, 2008 · 04:30 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cymraeg - Ysbryd y Mynydd

This song is not in a battle

The third song of the three I wrote and recorded with the a little help from my friends Keith, Ian, Peter and Charles and probably the last song I will upload here for a while.
No it's not Led Zeppelin backwards !!!!!
But it is in the same tongue as 'Bron yr Aur' 

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 10th, 2008 · 10:17 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
This is cool. Good job man. very pro sounding. For me, that high pitched guitar in the background gets a bit much after a while... Its a bit constant if ya know what I mean. Apart from that, its ace. Can't tell a word you're sayin though, lol. Any chance of a translation?. Love that funky bass guitar.

Ian
#3September 11th, 2008 · 05:45 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Translation for this one will have to wait.
I know just what you mean about the guitar , it's nagging! It was all right at the time and I do think the guys did very well simply because they also didnt know what I was saying !! 

Funny thing was though Keith was born in Ireland, Ian, a Scotsman on the bass, Pete is most definitely an Englishman and I'm Welsh !    
And they're recorded in North Wales.
#4September 11th, 2008 · 08:33 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yes I remember this sort of sound..But I got to say love the guitar work,freakin funky!!!Great melody and great performance.....gave this one a few listens my friend.
#5September 12th, 2008 · 04:47 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The start could have been a Welsh version of "I know what I like in my wardrobe" by Genesis.... but only the spoken bit! (so it's hardly like it at all really )
No Zep in this one for me.

Very retro sounding instrumental sounds.
Again, excellent production; good construction; great vocal delivery.

Enjoyed it loads

#6March 3rd, 2009 · 04:54 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
'Funny thing was though Keith was born in Ireland, Ian, a Scotsman on the bass, Pete is most definitely an Englishman and I'm Welsh !     
And they're recorded in North Wales."

I visited Wales for some gigs last century we had a case of Stella in the Van for the drive back to London , yeah it was one of those tours,
dumb Aussies
 when we came back to the van the beer was frozen solid , cause it was winter wasn't it?
Kings I've really enjoyed this song it tripped some memories in there , funnily enough heard radio interview with US blues/jazz player now based in Netherlands , good to hear here are gigs around there , pretty quiet here really.
Hope you get some with this band cause I really enjoyed the groove and playing , uba cool .
Thanx 4 posting
G
HTZ
#7May 5th, 2009 · 07:29 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
26 posts
United States of America
I really like this beat
And I have some strange infinity for language
The way the words express them through the english perspective
Is completely foreign
Its nice how due to the language barrier I do not have a concrete
Understanding of what is said
Which leads the vox to create a hidden persona
And a vivid fantasy for what they could pertain to

Anyway,
Its a easy listen
Cheers
#8May 16th, 2009 · 04:31 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Its been awhile since you have posted some recordings, Kings..thought I would stop by and give this a listen..I missed it...the music flow is really nice..I like it a lot...your vocals are pretty good here..right in your element I would say...why is this the last song that your going to be posting..as you stated...nice work here..

Nice Rating
#9May 17th, 2009 · 10:06 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
good quality, dunno what your saying kings but it's in key! funky stuff indeed, love it! good game guys 
#10May 19th, 2009 · 02:30 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah its starting to piss me off that no one else hears Robert Plant! LOL! I'm talking later stuff guys..not Zeppelin! Anyway, really enjoyed this Kings... Its a bopper!  That lead guitar had undertones of Dire Straits for me... maybe I just hear what im most influenced by? Idk... good stuff though! Wish we heard more from you!
#11March 15th, 2012 · 03:58 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
A very best and happy birthday, Mr. Kings /Plant. Hope you enjoy this day with friends and family.
And maaaaaaaaaany more to come.

#12March 15th, 2012 · 06:11 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
You're coming closer....

Happy Birthday, my best mod after all my best mods ever (except bc and me) 
#13March 15th, 2012 · 10:43 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cheers guys .. yes I'm at home with the family, I'm making 4 cupboards to be built in at a clients house tomorrow, I've got the hinges to do ....  

blakhatz wrote…
'Funny thing was though Keith was born in Ireland, Ian, a Scotsman on the bass, Pete is most definitely an Englishman and I'm Welsh !     
And they're recorded in North Wales."

I visited Wales for some gigs last century we had a case of Stella in the Van for the drive back to London , yeah it was one of those tours,
dumb Aussies
 when we came back to the van the beer was frozen solid , cause it was winter wasn't it?
Kings I've really enjoyed this song it tripped some memories in there , funnily enough heard radio interview with US blues/jazz player now based in Netherlands , good to hear here are gigs around there , pretty quiet here really.
Hope you get some with this band cause I really enjoyed the groove and playing , uba cool .
Thanx 4 posting
G
HTZ

So why dont you try and do one of those kind of tours this century ... it might be even more fun and prosperous.
Cheers for the comment, must have missed it!
#14March 15th, 2012 · 12:49 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Here's wishing you a blissfully HAPPY BIRTHDAY, bruh KINGS!!!
#15March 15th, 2012 · 03:39 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
battlecat wrote…
Here's wishing you a blissfully HAPPY BIRTHDAY, bruh KINGS!!!

I'll tell you it's been an absolutely beautiful day here, I'm on the Irish Coffee and just had a bbq in the garden ... it will be cloudy again tomorrow as it was a few days ago ... but for today .... blissful !
Thank Frank !
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 11:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.