1 2

#1July 12th, 2008 · 05:27 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
BuzzKill

This song is not in a battle

***HEADPHONES RECOMMENDED***

Illegal - Immoral - Warmongering - GeoPolitical Domination - Military Foothold - Strategic Interests - Oil Theft - False Flag Terrorism - Weopons Of Mass Destruction - New World Order - 9/11 Truth - Deception - Lies - Control - Propaganda - Police State - Total Surveillance Society - Information Grid - WTC7 - Thermate - Al Qaeda -  Council On Foreign Relations - Axis Of Evil - The Long War - Apocalypse - Insurgents - World War III - Global Elite - Plausible Deniability - World Bank - Bilderberg Group - Trilateral Commision - Media Complicity - Iranian Threat - Keywords - Subconscious
- SHEEP - SHEEP - SHEEP - SHEEP - SHEEP - SHEEP - SHEEP - SHEEP - SHEEP - SHEEP
Led To The Slaughter

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 12th, 2008 · 05:52 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
From reading your words above - I think you have a message to share...but I couldn't find it in the song.  The dubya samplings could have been used more effectively I think.....there are a lot of speeches he's made with words you could have used to get your message better.  I have heard quite a few musical artists taking samplings of dubya's speeches and turning them around into message infused music...some of them very well done.  Sorry, but this one just doesn't do enough for me.

Keep at it though, you're on the right track...I like that you are socially conscious, and want to take action about the political injustices by drawing public attention to them.  Sometimes it helps to be more direct.  Good luck! 
#3July 12th, 2008 · 06:02 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
I did not set out to send a specific message based on the words above. You're not supposed to find a "message" here, it's a transmission of emotion, feeling, and dread. The words are there for YOU to think about, or investigate for yourself.
Plus, I didn't get the speech off the net, I recorded it myself from the television AS he was giving it, so I'm not going to go out an paste together the same old clips that everyone else uses to create the same type of thing.

The point is, none of his words matter. They're a mish-mash of propaganda key-words meant to lure you into accepting their global domination. Hence, the track jumps around from word to word, partial statements, sentence fragments, glitched words etc... that's all he ever really offers anyway, so this simply reflects that.

I appreciate your criticism, but I am very satisfied with this track. I guess it all comes down to the listener, and whether they'll focus on "what I'm trying to do", or just experience what is there, for what it is. Obviously, I hope it's the latter.
#4July 12th, 2008 · 06:05 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I didn't mean to offend you in any way - Bandamp IS a forum for posting your music so that people can give you feedback on it - so that's what I did.  If you're completely satisfied with your track - then why did you post it?
#5July 12th, 2008 · 06:18 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
To share it!
Apparently, people want everything to be REALLY straightforward, to hit you over the head with the obvious, and follow traditional patterns of what other people do. Almost ALL music today is sadly cookie-cutter bland and unoriginal. It's shrinking everyone's minds...
Honestly, I know you didn't mean to offend, and your critique wasn't offensive...
It's more the fact that I really, really don't care what other musicians do, and I wish people would see music more of a transmission of emotion, rather than something to be "super cool" or to "fit in" with what's out there.
I wasn't making a "song", it's a feeling, and one that in my opinion, sums up the entire Bush presidency in 1:45.

I hope that as I add more music I don't have to hold people's hands through new ideas of music, feeling and expression. That will be really depressing.
#6July 12th, 2008 · 10:52 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
And you seem to think you're doing something really innovating eh?

Look, if you don't care about other musicians, leave the site: it is a place to SHARE with OTHERS.

Now, you say "I wish people would see music more of a transmission of emotion" like it were an obvious thing.  Let me say I've been working on that subjetct for almost 4 years and i can tell you with confidence that IT IS NOT OBVIOUS AT ALL.  It is, if so, your opinion, and since you don't seem to have much background to suport it I'd say it's an opinion not worthy to be said here.

You said also that you were not trying to give a message.  You are talking, however, like any other CONCEPTUAL  artist would.  And they always prefer content over form (emotion):

"I wasn't making a "song", it's a feeling, and one that in my opinion, sums up the entire Bush presidency in 1:45."

That's a complete nonsense. It's contradictory.

You have two options:
a) don't try to make a point at all
b)do it when you now what are you talking about.

You're doing Bush a favor. lol
#7July 13th, 2008 · 02:25 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
howdy
Let me first start by saying that this site is about SHARING IDEAS AS WELL AS MUSIC. When a song is posted here, it is UNDERSTOOD that people WILL comment on it. If that is not your intention, then perhaps MYspace will serve you better. This site is for musicians to work with other musicians toward a goal of bettering each other and we do that by challenging each other and supporting each other. As for your song, I personally found it to be quite disorganized feeling, and quite short. I think it would be a better ambient piece if you were to adjust the levels a bit, the vocals actually should be more diverse too..  It gets a bit monotonous the way it is.. It really isn't a song as much as just ambient noise... I will give kudos to the overall idea it has potential, but needs some ironing out...
#8July 13th, 2008 · 08:32 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
This is the best song ever written! One nudge of a note up or down, forward or backward, could possibly alter the time continuum; thereby, disrupting the flow of terrorists across the prison-planet we live on! Don't do it; don't listen to the voices that seduce you away from the great outcome... your song! Lol!

Anyways... :} Have a smile!

Just have a laugh with me Transfixed, and imagine yourself in a computer world where there's a big comfy couch for you. Go ahead... jump on it! :} Get relaxed, and accept what the guy in the armchair next to you is saying. Oh, hey, look!... A few more people just entered the room, and they want to throw in their part to help you. If you change the song according to at least some of their comments, you might appreciate the finished project a bit more than you do now (if it's possible?).
#9July 13th, 2008 · 02:31 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Wow, you guys are freaking weird.

I have clearly rattled your boxes too much. Comfortable...easy to hold...standard-sized boxes.

I know and expect people to comment, but why are there never comments on the content? The feel? The concepts, and idea?

Nope... it's all "too disorganized sounding, too short, too monotonous".

Hmm, you mean disorganized, as in the Iraq War?
Short, as in the amount of time it takes to summarize the evil of the war?
Monotonous, as in everything that Bush ever says?

Well then I'd call that a success. One that is sailing over people's heads...

I don't mind critiques, honestly! I just expected a little more open-mindedness from a place full of musicians.
#10July 13th, 2008 · 02:34 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
aetheris wrote…
And you seem to think you're doing something really innovating eh?

Look, if you don't care about other musicians, leave the site: it is a place to SHARE with OTHERS.

Now, you say "I wish people would see music more of a transmission of emotion" like it were an obvious thing.  Let me say I've been working on that subjetct for almost 4 years and i can tell you with confidence that IT IS NOT OBVIOUS AT ALL.  It is, if so, your opinion, and since you don't seem to have much background to suport it I'd say it's an opinion not worthy to be said here.

You said also that you were not trying to give a message.  You are talking, however, like any other CONCEPTUAL  artist would.  And they always prefer content over form (emotion):

"I wasn't making a "song", it's a feeling, and one that in my opinion, sums up the entire Bush presidency in 1:45."

That's a complete nonsense. It's contradictory.

You have two options:
a) don't try to make a point at all
b)do it when you now what are you talking about.

You're doing Bush a favor. lol

Your entire post makes no sense. Sorry to ruin your day.
#11July 14th, 2008 · 02:33 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Imagine that billions of chinese people are listening to your track (esp. in these days of The Olympic Thought), I would appreciate that you translate the track into an other language... maybe chinese (with the voice of Mao Tse Tung)? or german (with the voice of Angela Merkel)? or what about english (with the voice of the British Queen)? or hiphoppish (with the voice of Eminem)? How bad or how good is the use of special voices like the W voice as an instrument!? And I am missing a pedal steel guitar and a clarinet!!!!
Please I would love to hear it, then it would fit into the perfect thing to me.
Thanks for sharing

ehm.... please listen to this before you think about an answer on my 1,500th (yes: 1,500th) post: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2851.html
#12July 14th, 2008 · 02:43 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Let the dog out
@ JimK.... what'd you say about a dog barking in the background?????????
#13July 14th, 2008 · 04:51 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It's too short.
I get the idea of vague sporadic 'spin' words being the same as the presidency, but it's so short the whole idea doesnt have time to 'materialise' in the listeners mind!
You end up having to write a whole explanation to it, while 'Art' should speak for it's self!

Listen, this is a nice bit of sample cutting , with a purpose and a message even , but now that you've entered the pages of the amp I would seriously advise you to listen to a selection of these peoples work : Devo and Taka , there are more on the amp but these dudes know how to cut samples and make amazing things with them, so your politically correct sample ditty is cool but if you post it on the Amp you'll be told to put some more work and effort into it....and thats the way it is............some things will never change !

"Freaking Weird"....Speak for you self !!!!! Your the one posting weird shit on an internet site and then telling all the people from around the world that listen to and comment on your song that they are wrong !!!!

Have you had a 'welcome to the Amp' yet? I know you'll stick around, the difficult ones always do ! 
#14July 15th, 2008 · 01:05 AM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
yeah, I didn't get it at all. sorry, but, your being kinda a drama queen.... I didn't get the song at all tho.
#15July 16th, 2008 · 11:35 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Hahaha...
This is more amusing than I realized it would be.
OK people...
Let's settle this once and for all.
This IS NOT A SONG.
It may be a musical expression, one that gets across an IDEA, a CONCEPT...
But it isn't a SONG. Songs have rhythmm, melody, lyrics etc...

Many people's MP3's here are atleast as short as mine, without the constant whimpering from others about their length.
So why mine? It must mean that you wanted to hear MORE OF IT.

Btw, the words at the top are not an "explanation" of the song, man did I confuse everyone with that...phew...

Take your minds.
Now open them.
Little further....
Little further......
There you go.

If you can't "get this at all", then there's nothing more to say.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 1:41 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.