22 threads / 22 songs
64 posts
United States of America
nice ballad
#17February 24th, 2011 · 02:56 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Despite  all comparisons to famous singers and influences ya way to sing is pretty unique , individual , bit madweirdcrazy  always again . Nobody else does like you do . 
Jimīs open-tuned-git-work also is perfect and atmospheric . I donīt care about sound quality in this case .
Nice folky stuff ..........
U . L . I .
#18March 2nd, 2011 · 11:20 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
My favorite song of yours, Freely, came up in shuffle on my player earlier today, and I thought to come back to the Amp and check things out. Finding this sitting atop the audio reviews was a wonderful surprise.

Almost every comment I left on Freely applies here. This has touches of Zeppelin, Rolling Stones and some Floyd to my ears. Beautiful, beautiful work. The vocals are timeless.

If you ever decide you want to start writing again, I would love to record music like this with you.
#19March 4th, 2011 · 05:37 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
avinashv wrote…
My favorite song of yours, Freely, came up in shuffle on my player earlier today, and I thought to come back to the Amp and check things out. Finding this sitting atop the audio reviews was a wonderful surprise.

Almost every comment I left on Freely applies here. This has touches of Zeppelin, Rolling Stones and some Floyd to my ears. Beautiful, beautiful work. The vocals are timeless.

If you ever decide you want to start writing again, I would love to record music like this with you.

I'll have to take you up on that offer .... some time.
Not much space for this kind of creativity in my life at the moment....
It's more like not getting what you want
But getting what you need,

Or in this case doing what you need to do.

Thanks for listening, and commenting but more than anything totally excellent to know your around, alive and kicking !   

@ DTF and Toasty; it's a simple song made by a simple guitarist, me, Jim gave my simple format his own flare. I do agree the verses go on and the chorus is not defined enough and I also agree that some strings or something to build it up towards the end makes all the sense in the world .... maybe a re-write is needed

@ Everyone else who's commented, thank you, much appreciated.

O! and ULI thanks for digging it up  
#20May 13th, 2012 · 05:37 PM
1 threads
73 posts
United States of America
love the traipsing melody on this one...yay! well, if you call this folk, it's not like any folk I've heard in the States -- it's way more interesting, more textures by far...something with your vocal on this one feels a little overdone for me in places, but I love your voice...nice!
#21February 22nd, 2013 · 05:33 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Big storm right here right now 7am cyclonic winds & rain , hard rain   and this song sitting right in the mix ...great ride great vox great song.
Sorry I didn't find this earlier maybe  meant to be?

gg
#22February 22nd, 2013 · 10:15 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
Pretty pretty pretty
Wow Kings,

This reminds me of "That's the way" by Zep.....you know the tune?

Just the flow.....the easy comfortable nonchalant lyrical meld.

A feel good kinda song.  That's the best kind.

That's the way!

Loverly

#23February 24th, 2013 · 10:49 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
30 posts
United States of America
Awesome song man. The brilliance of it is it's simplicity I think. Would sound cluttered to me with a full production sound. Love it!
#24February 25th, 2013 · 04:56 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
yokoinc wrote…
Big storm right here right now 7am cyclonic winds & rain , hard rain   and this song sitting right in the mix ...great ride great vox great song.
Sorry I didn't find this earlier maybe  meant to be?

gg

Yea maybe it's all meant to be ! LOL

Thank SO very much for the reviews Greg, silassugg and most definitely martha, LOVE to see you around again and again Martha - write that password on your monitor with permanent pen !

I've been a bit preoccupied recently with the lack of work in this god-forsaken country, we're finishing off the house with the plan to sell and move back home ...... maybe my creativity will be found again there, because it's not here ... anyway rant .... THANKS SO MUCH for the heads up , bandamp also needs my attention too I know.
#25March 5th, 2013 · 05:55 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Good song.  I feel the the flanger, or whatever effect is on the guitar and voice might be a little much, but maybe thats just me.   It's also kinda long for a folk song IMO.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 12:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.