1 2

#1June 18th, 2008 · 06:41 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Folk-I Used to have a lady lover

This song is not in a battle

The last but one of my 15 year old recordings.
It's the only recording I have so please excuse the fact that it was not the best take, from my point of view as the one who wrote and sung it.
Jim played it, as he did for all this lot of 'Folk' songs that I have posted, and what a bloody good job he did of it too!
If anybody wants the lyrics up, I'll post.
Otherwise listen and tell me what you think !

Cheers  

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 18th, 2008 · 07:04 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
This is great man... nice singing and guitar playing.  I like the recording too.  I'm amazed you did it 15 years ago! The sound is really warm.
#3June 18th, 2008 · 07:24 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Kings this is just one amazing song!!!love you vocal timber on the song..It flows so well it gave me chills.Man awesome performance...Be honestly this is officially my favorite song from you!!!!!!!!!!Amazing feel and real good lyrics.....So what did happen with this project ,I think you've told me before but I always forget(distracted me ,Sorry)...Anyway very well performed...4 19 and 4 38 are an awesome detail on the voice!Great flow in the dynamics ,specially at the last minute or so...
Good stuff kings,your best yet!
#4June 19th, 2008 · 03:56 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Guys, much appreciated, glad you like.
If anything it's my favorite song too M, it certainly means the most to me.
It's just a shame it's the only recording I have, I just about dont hit bum notes in a few places !!

aetheris : I think this was recorded on a digital recorder then bounced on to cassette which is where I recorded it from. I'm now 41 with a family , I started writing when I was 19 so having recorded this 15 years ago is not so strange !
That brings me nicely to my next sentence ; the basic chords for this song are G A C G chorus A C G , and thats it !
Jim just happens to be a very special guitar player, and makes it sound excellent.
But if someone wants to try their hand at the music I'll definitely re-record the vocal.
#5June 20th, 2008 · 04:24 AM
373 posts
China
A very fluid summer breeze for my ears... quite lovely indeed...
I've often said that simple music is relative when a voice can carry the listener so...
Great one Kings!

Hao!
#6June 20th, 2008 · 06:14 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
22 posts
Canada
song is really catchy for sure. A few pitchy spots, breathing technique can help that.
guitar is really tight. vocal tone is really good!!! nicely done !!
#7June 20th, 2008 · 09:01 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
lovely man! you're voice reminds me of Robert Plant; which is a big compliment in my book. The song is simple and unclutttered, but very listenable and therefore brilliant.... i hope you're still writing songs like this

Ian
#8June 21st, 2008 · 02:02 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
F***ing great man!
Do you still have that Robert Plant voice?
At the beginning it reminded me of Here I go Again but as your voice came in turned totally into Zeppelin sound, specially like Rumble On. Actually, if you get a band this could sound really Zeppelin with some rock guitars in the chorus and stuff.
Amazing dude. Congratulations.

> Iszil

PS: Post lyrics please so I can sing it.
#9June 21st, 2008 · 05:58 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Iszil : Well I still have the same voice, and a little more control over it too these days.

SirB : Hmm! It's been a long time since I was inspired / felt the need to write anything like this.
Can I write something like this again? Yes if I wanted to. Will I write something like this again? Yes If it wants me to!!! 

ALB : Thanks for listening and for the comment, and a warm welcome to you too.

Jack : Cheers dude , put so nicely too !

It means so much when you guys comment , so thank you very much for doing so.

O yes the lyrics......

I used to have a lady lover

In New Orleans
She was like no other
She was all of my dreams
I used to sing her love songs
Serenades and so-longs
But now, OooOoo some how
I just sing about what it all means

She no longer moves my hart
She now occupies my time
She's no longer made of magic
She now possesses the key the words define

Down old Chicago way
She was like no other
She was all my time of day
We used to walk together
Talk in tongs and whisperings of forever
But now OooOoo some how
She takes more to the sense the world fools play

I said she now moves my hart
Yes she no longer occupies, its now my time
She is now made of magic
She no longer possesses, the key, the key, the key, the words define

Her love
Her love
Her Love

#10June 21st, 2008 · 07:37 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Great stuff... you're one of those guys who is a true rock artist in heart and soul, your music truly shines like classics even at hearing them for the first time.

True, there is the production thing... But it's all about the essence. Your lyrics are great as always and you're a very good vocalist aswell. All hats off and praise for that.

So keep at it...
#11June 22nd, 2008 · 06:26 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PX : "you're one of those guys who is a true rock artist in heart and soul"  Ooo! I like that one !!! 
Cheers PX.
As for 'keeping at it' I probably will till the day I die.
My ideas of Fame and Rock and Roll remain the same but the true Music and Word of life are in constant movement, and for as long as I can I'll be on 'em! 
#12June 23rd, 2008 · 11:57 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I think this is the best song from you Kings....you sure do have a Plant sound going on here in your voice..I'm really impressed...nice guitar playing by your friend also...nice work...

Hi Rate and one for the playlist

Flyer
#13June 24th, 2008 · 10:59 AM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Firstly I love the vocals. Really reminds me of Robert Plant on Going to California. The lyrics are nice, they've got a good flow, but I think the music could use some work. Just something to keep it interesting, more instruments, a bridge, harmony, something..... the verses are long and drone on a bit and the melody at the chorus doesn't change enough. Good work so far, I think there's good potential here for more.
#14September 13th, 2008 · 02:14 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Well, I know that I've listened to this one before because I was really taken by the vocal delivery, which is just excellent!
Can't understand why I've not commented before though.

This song is fabulous - I still think the vocal delivery is excellent, but the whole mood of the song is truly captivating.  The guitar playing is great, and as full of emotion as the vocals.
Good mix, effects are spot on, recording pretty damn awesome too (ok, I hear the background noise, but it doesn't spoil it in any way)

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable listen.
#15September 13th, 2008 · 02:33 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
one of the best I've heard , and not just on here (the amp). I love the guitar and vocal work,  some of the vocal head voice breaks, gives this great feel (4:36 to 4:38).  I also agree that this has a Robert Plant feel to it.  imho it works like this , but I also hear it going into a great production piece towards the end , with big strings and full band  kicking in.  It is great just like it is though.  top vote from me just cause of the feel I got from it (hard to do I'm jaded lol) . Thanks for posting this one.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 10:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.