#1June 7th, 2008 · 03:31 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Thirty Thousand Feet

This song is not in a battle

Hi everyone

This song.... well we have been working on it for ages.

Hope you like it!

I'll look to review some of the latest bandamp stuff as soon as I can... life is just super super super busy so apologies I haven't reviewed much recently.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 7th, 2008 · 03:38 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
LOL! Ill review this one as soon as i can..super super super busy reviewing ppls music that review! NAH MAN! just kidding!  Decent tune as far as content...  Highs are a bit harsh and the lows are a bit muted to my ear...
#3June 7th, 2008 · 04:46 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
LOL... thanks, love you too :P

As for harsh highs and muted lows, pls try putting this song through a spectrum analyzer and see - you may want to check your monitoring setup as that's definitely not the case, but thanks for the feedback.
#4June 8th, 2008 · 08:06 AM
373 posts
China
Sounds like an overall decent mix to me...
Not really my bag but it sounds pretty tight...

Hai Ke Yi!
#5June 8th, 2008 · 09:06 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds like a great song to me..The voice sounds great!!!!Great drummer!!!As the first verse comes in the voice has either and over compressed or over filtered sound to it..I like the way it was presented in the intro rather than the verse(Vocal overdubbing maybe?)..I know I have told you this before and is just a matter of taste and choice but I really don't care much for your guitar tone(No offense)...For this type of music I find it to thin and loud as oppose to thick and present(Maybe a tad warmer too on the Eq)..Seems like it cuts trough but is not ear friendly ,I do have to say that it sounds like theres tubes involved(maybe not)and if so maybe take advantage of there warmth...Again this is just me and have to say even though I don't like it , my guitar recordings are real bad compared to this...May I just add that I might be wrong too,this is just how it sounds in my crappy speakers so take this lightly!
#6June 8th, 2008 · 02:18 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
GREAT SONG!   Good transition at the beginning and good harmonies. The vocal parts blend well with each other. Like Marino said, the drummer sounds really good. And yes, I can tell you guys have been working on it for a long time - it paid off drastically! Anways, this is some awesome stuff and I'm really impressed after hearing this. Oh, and nice little scream at the end. LOL

--XFactor--
#7June 8th, 2008 · 04:13 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Not my thing but really well done, like the harmonies, the recording is crisp, like said, the drummer is ace, composition is good, structure is good, good stuff, props
#8June 8th, 2008 · 04:26 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Thirty Thousand Feet
this is so the UK POP SOUND at the moment ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ripping guitar ............ GREAT
only thing i would like is DRUMS IN MY FACE ............
the guitar voc mix is FANTASTIC
Drums in another town
maybe the compression to mp3........
GREAT SONG 100% from me cept the drums........... so 99% haha

and i can hear the super work u have done on drum trak.... its just low...and flattish.......??

kafantastisplash

great to have a brit doing kikass tunes on the amp .......its wot we are good at .haha

THE BEST .......................... SELL THIS MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

fish
#9June 8th, 2008 · 05:50 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Dave, its my damn headphones, mate!  I refuse to discuss frequencies further more until i replace them as they are shite!
#10June 8th, 2008 · 09:31 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
i like this alot .. super high energy ,, great turn arounds,  the breakdown is excellent.  It might just be me but this sounds close to pro studio stuff..  

The only thing is it feels like the guitar is minutely out of time at around the 1:05-1:07 (just slightly gets right back in there though). and  some kind of weirdness @ 1:58  (like someone hit the silence button right at the pick slide on all the track).  

I dig the guitar tones perfect for this type of music maybe just a pinch more upper harmonics

drums very decent tracks, snare sounds a little dull at times
bass is full but could use more presence in the mix (great playing though)
singing is excellent  all the vox are top notch ,, harmonies are spot on.  vocal quality and eq/fx are perfect.

very quality mix.  great playing.  excellent song (love the energy and changes that keep it interesting)
TG
#11June 9th, 2008 · 04:14 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
mix: 70%
    very crystal sound but missing some bass
    I wouldnt use drums or percussion in the intro
    The guitar in the intro is bit too loud
    imo you should work a bit on the changes at 3:00 and let sustain the dist. guitar
    could imagine to hear the vocals in a kind of stereo spreading (chorus fx)
composition: 98%
    brilliant
performance: 98%
    brilliant
instrumentation: 90%
    ok

And I would like to hear more of those little gimmicks like you used at 1:34 in the bacckground

All in all a fantastic song, it's worth it to listen
#12June 9th, 2008 · 06:14 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
first thought was it could be sounding a little warmer to me..., but i do like the clear, 'in your face' production.
i read the whole thread, then i listened again on headphones, same thought..
( i have Yamaha MSP5 monitors, and Beyerdynamic DT 770 headphones, both via Audiophile usb)

3d listen on old hifi: same thought
TK has a point about the drums being in another room..., at least a bit, maybe because far sounds loose their highest frequencies? and compared to guitars and vox the drums dont have to many of them, bass too(more mid hi presence?)
(all to my old damaged ears :P )

4th listen on mon's again, not typing, just love the song
I didnt forget to notice i was listening to a great and very dynamic song! love the :
-well mixed vocals
-the razor sharp gtr work(more lo end to my taste )
-stimulating drums
-tight bass

note :maybe the ppls ears say more than a spectrum analyzer? it depends what or who you are mixing for but i think this thread screams:
WARMTH !

#13June 9th, 2008 · 06:42 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
thankyou for all your kind comments and constructive criticisms

I've redone the drums and bottom end, hope you like it, we are happy that it's done now

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/6493.html
#14June 9th, 2008 · 07:28 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Tight hot mix
very contemporary vocal and guitar sound. Like the breaks in the verse with harmony vocal@ the change to chorus guitar 3.05 2 break ^ hooky chorus ,
My only thought is that to add to what is already excellent arrangement , musicianship and mixing .....yes I agreee
drums can you bring them forward in the mix and also the bass, by the way very impressed with the drum/ bass playing & or programing just wannna feel the thump of the kick drum and bass .....could add to edgy presence.

top job Dave san

thankyou enjoyed

yokoinc

#15November 5th, 2010 · 02:48 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Nice music! Talent for melody! Strong harmonies!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 1:02 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.