49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Thirty Thousand Feet NEW
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 10 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-07

Hi everyone

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions!

I've remixed / mastered the track with adjustments to the drums sound and levels, and more bass.

Hopefully this should improve on the bottom end and drums issues some people mentioned.

Hope you like it, this is the version that has hit our myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/atimeforreason

If you like it, please check us out! Add us, leave a comment, tell your friends, anything would be great.

Thanks again

Dave
A Time For Reason

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 9th, 2008 · 06:42 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
first thought: GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit
on all systems :-))))))))))))
#3June 9th, 2008 · 08:37 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
awesome, thanks for the multi-platform listening check mate I really appreciate it I don't have speakers/headphones as good as that to test myself. was fun to listen on the singers car stereo though!
#4June 9th, 2008 · 09:30 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great great great...Love this mix ,outstanding job from all....Yup it hits all the right places.Sounds like a hit!!!!
#5June 15th, 2008 · 02:15 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
If I lived in England I’d buy your cds and put them on my mp3 player. Almost everything I listen to from you is epic. The presence in this song is powerful.

Seriously, I just wish you wrote and recorded more: even if it was just noodle stuff. Scratch that, especially if it was noodle stuff. I learn more by listening to myself fumble through improvisation then I do when I listen to polished works.

Anyways, for you, I have nothing but respect.
#6June 15th, 2008 · 09:05 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
wow.  great on those vox, james.  i'm more and more impressed with each song that you all post.  great lyrics and melody.  i love those chorussesssesses.

without having heard the other mixes (since i've been gone for a good month and a half), I think that the distorted guitar sounds a little muffled compared to the rest of the production.  It's not that bad, but I do notice it.  .. more so before the bridge.

ooo, that last overlayed vocal in the end was perfectly positioned.  It felt like it was right over top of my head :P

great work!  you guys are great together!
#7July 4th, 2008 · 11:16 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
well I say...
with the right marketing and professional
recording studio production,  this could
facilitate the return of The British Invasion!!!
  Good Luck, and use your myspace the same
way others have to get you project out there
and picked up!!

Blessings,

Bluey - Dan
#8July 5th, 2008 · 07:24 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Hi

This is great although it really isn't my thing.  Great composition, recording, mixing.  Fab.

If I had to be critical...

I feel the 3rd bar starts about a quaver too soon and it throws me and spoils the feel of the opening.  I listened to see if you were making it a feature - 4/4 - 7/8 all the way through but that's not the case.

Just my 2p.  I wouldn't point this out if the rest wasn't so good!
#9July 5th, 2008 · 07:38 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Thirty Thousand Feet NEW
uk pop feeelin the pulse...............
this is on the money
ace song...................

but
master..............limiter?.........................eq?.................dynamics
just to lift it ????.........its great by the way!!!!!!!!

massive vote 99%

the deaf fish
#10July 11th, 2008 · 09:15 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
I agree with everybody so far. It's a good song, and it's pretty well mixed. If I had the chance to play with the mix myself, I'd probably lift the upper end of the distorted guitar a bit, it does sound a little muffled, and get the snare to pop through a little more, it doesn't quite have enough presence to cut through properly.
The singing is great, aside from the random screamed "whoa!" at the end, but whatever.
Nice job all around overall!
#11July 12th, 2008 · 05:42 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Hey - this is very well done, did you do everything on this yourself?  I like everything...but...there is something a little off about the distorted guitar, I'm not a technical person so I can't give you much advice about that...it just sounds like it's hitting my head in the wrong way (lol - try to decipher that!).  Well written, well played, and well put together - overall a great pop tune!
#12July 20th, 2008 · 01:23 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
Wow a very well put together song. I can't really give you any advice things sound mixed well and in tune. Good guys guys.
#13July 20th, 2008 · 01:57 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
NICE!!! from the start. It sounded great right away. i like it. Man, this song is awesome. I don't what else to say about this. It could be a hit. I'ma put it in my faves.
#14July 20th, 2008 · 07:22 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Alrighty then. You've got real potential. You're gonna make it dude.

Only thing I've gotta say is... well first of all, I'm sorry. I've got a real critical ear for timing, togetherness you know.. and there's more than one spot where it's a little off. And I'm talkin about real subtle stuff. Just something to work at.

Good work overall. I'm impressed.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 7:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.