Symbiosis
Score: 64.7%
Battle: 2005-07

written by James S. Iarocci
performed by Strepitus 6/15/05
James S. Iarocci - bass, vocals
Brian Fanelli - piano
John Neiss - drums

This song protests the standards set by society for the few regarded as heroes who are expected to carry the rest of the world along with them.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 16th, 2005 · 05:14 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
127 posts
United States of America
I like your tune a lot, the piano man has his chops
, keep it up!!!!!

Cheers
Rod
#3June 17th, 2005 · 03:04 PM
9 posts
United States of America
oooh the piano was very nice, and the drums went well, though i would recomend a little more snare and less cymbal.a good bass line would help a  lotl, and the vocals........ need a little work
#4June 17th, 2005 · 10:21 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Bout what u said of a song
in a song from soni u talked bou a tri-tone or flatted-fifth note...i found it interesting, but i didn't understand it very well ( concider I'm chilean, so dont speak an exellent english) so can u explain it better????
thanx
#5June 18th, 2005 · 09:59 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
wow i am REALLY loving this. definatly adding to my playlist. i like the drums, pianos really nice. the singings really good too. nice
#6June 19th, 2005 · 12:48 PM
10 threads / 8 songs
39 posts
Cambodia
EternalRain - The bass line is simpler than what I'd normally play because I'm singing at the same time... I'm working on it, it will get better.  And my singing... well, it's a bit above my range, actually.  I'm working on that, too.

Iszil - A tri-tone or flatted-fifth interval is the only interval for which the distance between the notes is the same regardless of which is the high note.  For instance, B to F is a tri-tone, as is E to B-flat.  To find one, start on the first note on a piano and count up six keys.  Or simply take a fifth (C to G, E to B) and lower the second note by a half-step.  I believe the tri-tone wasn't used in any music through the baroque period because it was thought to be Satanic.
¿Hablas Español, yo creo? Visité a España en marzo por dos semanas y me encantaría mucho.  Pero... no conozco muchas palabras sobre música en Español, y por eso no pienso que puedo explicar el "tri-tone" en Español.

Transistorize, PorcelainDoll - Thank you.  Very much.  And to everyone who commented on the piano part, I wrote that^^
#7June 20th, 2005 · 02:03 AM
1 posts
Australia
My two cents worth
Music is very personal and your taste is unique to yourself.

That little piece of philosophical rubbish out of the way, here's what I think.

Like what you are doing musically. It get's a little complicated with the rhythm of the melody trying to follow the piano riffs, and, if you add a funkier bass as you say you're working on , it could get real difficult to listen to.

Maybe change your melody rhythm to accentuate the piano riffs and give more meaning to the lyrics. It will give you more depth to the song without the complication.
#8June 21st, 2005 · 12:49 AM
10 threads / 8 songs
39 posts
Cambodia
A nice thought, except that the piano riffs were tailored to the melody, which was the first thing written.
#9June 26th, 2005 · 06:18 AM
42 posts
Finland
You seem to have a great devotion to make music, don't loose it. You don't hear often this kind of Steely Dan style.

There's good stuff, but there's happening so much with the drum-area that you actually are about to loose it. The riff in time 9/8-10/8 is very good. When the vocals begin it is needed to tranquil the drum section. Singing and the lyrics need space. Ears need space, too, to get your musical information. Now it sounded as if vocalist was just trying to hang around and not lead the song. Instruments need to "serve" the vocals when singing lyrics.

The piano riff is good. It's a really great tune (!) it only needs more arrangement. The chorus (Am-Bm-Fmaj..) gives a great possibility to make short crescendos to each chord. I also think the drummer could save his fills there. Verse and the brigde should be calm. I'd also like to hear the intro as an outro as well.
I guess writing this much means that I liked your work. Congratulations for your trio.
#10July 6th, 2005 · 09:40 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
Amazing drums, piano, bass, vocals, and over all production!  Kudos!  You need a guitarist!
#11July 7th, 2005 · 07:40 AM
10 threads / 8 songs
39 posts
Cambodia
Thank you, Andrew! As a matter of fact, we are in the process of acquiring a guitarist as we type.

That is to say, I found us a guitarist, and I am yet to notify the rest of the band.
#12July 17th, 2005 · 06:05 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
23 posts
Austria
really cool!
I'll add it to my playlist, it reminds me of Benfolds five, I think it is great without a guitar. The drummer is a madman, great beats, really love it!

Craig
#13July 19th, 2005 · 09:43 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I really liked the rhythmic feel, the piano line, and the all round instrumentation - although I agree that a guitarist in the mix would really add some spice.

I think the bassist is doing a good job in simply keeping some kind of rhythmic connection with that mad but interestingly experimentally-minded drummer If anything I think the drums are overemphasised - perhaps a bit more production on the vocals within the mix, and a bit of stereo widening on the piano to separate the central focus of the vocal melody from the piano one?

In all, nice work I enjoyed listening to it.
#14July 19th, 2005 · 01:44 PM
10 threads / 8 songs
39 posts
Cambodia
Hah... yeah, our drummer actually says all the time that he hates playing the drums, because he's first and foremost a guitarist.  He also says you can tell he's a guitarist by the way he plays the drums, but I don't know about that.  Maybe we can find a new drummer and move him to guitar...
#15July 21st, 2005 · 01:26 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
I don't know enough about music to be able to make any technical comments about this track, but I'd I really like it. I agree that it seems faintly reminiscent of Steely Dan. Its a different sound to anything else I've heard up hear on BA.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.