1 2
#16May 1st, 2008 · 02:17 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
What a lovely, atmospheric bit of music.  The piano tone is excellent, just the right quality for this piece; and the playing is fabulous.
I love it.
#17May 3rd, 2008 · 09:54 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
What a beautiful composition...This is really nice Andi.So clean and so well constructed...I would definitely listen to this after having a day, so to speak  to just kick back and relax with my thoughts..very nice...I'm impressed.This is going on my playlist..with high marks...Good luck in the battle with this. I hope that it gets the deserved recognition ...I do the same thing Andi..it seems the more I play or work on a song that I'm doing...the more mistakes I make..Usually the 1st or 2nd take is the best...Good luck with the band...
Thanks for your comment on "Baby, It's You"...I didn't think anyone would even leave a comment to it because of the Oldie's influence...lol

Flyer
#18May 3rd, 2008 · 05:59 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Nice Job!
I loved this! 

Beautiful tone…..It gave me goose bumps.

You mentioned that the more you played the more you hit wrong notes.  When I first started recording I would play my guitar all the way through and have one bad note and have to start all over again.  The more times I started over the worst I got.  Then I discovered the magic of punch ins.  I could fix that one bad note and it saved my sanity.

These days there are a lot of times I play it once and put my guitar back in the case.  Now if I’m ripping and I get one bad sound, no worries a simple punch in and the problem is solved.

Vocals or no vocals the song is beautiful
#19May 4th, 2008 · 10:59 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Thanks so much!  I do like my song, but still I did not expect this many comments and support from all of you, as I feel it to be rather a simple piece in comparison with most music you guys post here. I'm glad

Jiminuk: I'm happy you liked it. As a matter of fact, about the playing, I did stop one or two times and I think it could've been somewhat slower, but I sure did my best at that moment. Thank you

Flyer: Yes, I'm trying to get better and next try I'll get to post something more complete... or I will try to. It's a pleasure to be on your playlist. When I commented your song, it was not simple, because I really did like it and at the same time it was a song to which many things could also be done. There're pieces that you always can add something else to. And many times it's hard to suggest changes and addons without making it sound like it MUST have those changes. I guess that feeling is what makes us many times doubt of commenting... or just say "I liked it" and that's it. It's not easy. But if there's something that can be done to my work, I like to be told and I think we all deserve that. I'm happy that you liked and well understood my comment. Your song was indeed a good work.

Justintyhme: It does sound like you understand that problem with playing a song so many times in a row. What do you mean with a "punch-in"?  Sorry, my English is too much dictionary-like.  Thanks for your comment and help. I am happy that I could reach your emotions with this piece, as expression and dynamics (emotion porters) are not what I'm best at when playing piano. I try to improve those techniques little by little.
#20May 4th, 2008 · 11:36 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey Andi a punch in is when you edit a track somewhere while is playing.Say you have a bit of a space between notes and you want to fix a spot you would punch in(as in record edit) as you are playing (to correct the bad
parts)and then punch out again in a space between notes so you don't notice the correction or rather what is called the punch in.Some recorder and software can be given marker to do this in automation.
As far as playing the wrong notes when you overplay that is normal muscle fatigue..I go through it every morning when I practice,so i try to work on endurance as well I do on technique.
#21May 5th, 2008 · 12:21 AM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
Not a daydream nation eh? It's good for a rough run through. I would agree with what some of the other members have said about adding other instruments, such as strings and what not. At first I didn't like the ending but after a while I'm starting to really enjoy it. Good Luck in the battle
#22February 19th, 2009 · 07:33 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Germany
awesome... . Think I'll go back to the start and chill another 2:30 mins....
#23February 19th, 2009 · 09:34 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Thank you, Jay. Long time I don't post a song!  I've been busy with many things. I'll see if I put hands at work now
#24March 3rd, 2009 · 09:48 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
Germany
Sweet piano sound!
#25July 22nd, 2010 · 01:03 PM
3 posts
United States of America
This is so nice... I love it!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.