#1April 15th, 2008 · 09:35 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
At daydream time
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 10 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-05

Part of this song is an idea I had long ago. I decided I'd complete the piece so that it could be recorded. It is still very short anyway. I played the song as it is like twenty times, but it looks like the more I play, the harder it is for me to do it without hitting the wrong keys, so I finally thought I'd just upload the best one so far, so that you guys could listen to it. I hope you can, for I'm getting a message telling bandamp's functions for playing and downloading are not working at the moment.
In the end. It'll still need some work, but I hope you like it so far.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 16th, 2008 · 03:44 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
What a beautiful song. Great composition.

It's quite metaphoric as the pieces is reflecting the thought of a day dream. Evocative and becomes quite the bit of imagery.

The only way I can imagine it being better is if it was recorded with a real grand piano.

It'd be quite interesting to have a string arrangement for it too.
#3April 16th, 2008 · 10:47 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
top marks sir. epic!!
#4April 16th, 2008 · 11:57 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Thank you, guys!
Oh, I'd sure love if I could have it recorded from a grand piano, it's true. Of course it anyway needs some work on the fingering. I can imagine the strings... I could play it a little bit slower and with more stops so that I can do some aftertouch on them... yes, they'd work well too.
#5April 17th, 2008 · 12:53 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
14 posts
India
that was so amazing andi, piano sounds really touch in our hearts and invoke the emotions with in, thats why i just love the piano so much, wished if i could compose such a great piece like yours, it was truly a dream, a beautiful dream... top marks to you and the piano lol
#6April 17th, 2008 · 01:21 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
very nice piano tones man.....I agree with all abover it really hits your heart for some reason....great production overall too
#7April 17th, 2008 · 06:19 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: At daydream time
u sure can play...................lovely.........respect..........
can u sing too??????????????icing on the cake.................haha
i'm sure can..........go for it please.........
makes it a song.......

i vote

kersplash

the fish
#8April 18th, 2008 · 02:33 AM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Thank you all again. I'm happy you like it.
Swordfish, you're right. I can't say I'm a good singer, but I can sing, just like that "I can do it", and that's it. And I'm willing to do it. I don't have a place were I can record voice without background noise and I don't have a good microphone, but I'll try to find a solution quick. Also, I want to get to make a fully voiced, fully instrumented song. Even though people like piano solo, many ones (including myself perhaps) expect a more complex thing when they hit play. So I'll be pleased to work on that.
It's good to know you all get the feeling behind the sounds in this little piece of mine.

Alright... I couldn't resist the temptation and I put it into battle :P
#9April 18th, 2008 · 11:21 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
This is making me resolve to go buy a keyboard to learn piano on.

A+
#10April 19th, 2008 · 06:49 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
beautiful !
idea = perfect
composition = perfect
performance = perfect
record quality = perfect
sound = perfect
mood = perfect

may I put this piece in my repertoire?

good decision to send it to the battle
#11April 19th, 2008 · 12:27 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You have a great touch on the keys, they bring out wondeful emotion in the song.

I can totally relate to haveing to do a peice several times over, I do find though it's best to do them on the day you feel it's right, do several takes and just pick the best one, even though it may not be perfect.  The important thing is to put the message across to the listner, which you have done very very well in this beautiful piece.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I would love to hear some vox, it would be great. You need to find a qualitly vocalist to match your fantastic playing.. Why not write the music and try yourself in the first instance, if your not happy with it, I'm sure you will get a flood of volunteers to collab with you.

Superb.

Cheers

Denis
#12April 20th, 2008 · 10:40 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Triton: I'd be an honor that you gave a place for this brief music piece in your repertoire, man. You were the first one in my favourites-list in BandAmp!

Denis: I'll have to try my own voice. Don't want to give up before the time, he, he. But yes, I'm sure there'd be other very good possibilities. Only on this site there are so many great voices belonging to people who happily cooperate. Once I'm totally in, I'd like to participate in a collaboration. I have to tune myself up a little bit first, though. Thanks.

Zach: My pleasure serving as insipiration. I'm sure you'd get best results from a keyboard!
#13April 23rd, 2008 · 11:59 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
wow im amazed
im glad u entered this bc its wonderful
im going to vote very high
i have nuthin negative to say
and every positive has already been said
so i vote 100 and keep my fingers crossed for u
#14April 27th, 2008 · 05:42 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice piece...much better quality from the when I first met you!!I'm really liking this....Awesome composition.
#15April 29th, 2008 · 01:39 AM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Thank you very much indeed!

Paper Doll: A hundred!  Wow, thanks, really!  I'm happy you liked it that much. Next time I upload a piano solo, I'll dedicate it to you.

Marino: I'm glad you enjoyed this music piece. Yes, I did get the issue resolved. I think in the end it had to do with the driver, so I recorded this one under pure DOS and it has good sound. Minimal noise comes up anyway because sound board and cable are not the very best, but I think it's listenableto.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 1:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.