#16April 4th, 2008 · 02:38 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
re: re: Who I Am
swordfish wrote…
SO SO GOOD 2 HEAR U AGAIN!!!!!
Favrit artist!!!!!!
Thought u gone to the producers lobby in the sky!!!!!
Power Ballad eh????

Still makes me smile

I Vote ..v high ... coz i can...and its another great trak...haha

well produced ....... super performance

fish

HEYYYYYYYY. Sword man. My favorite fish!! Yeah, the tune was written for another porpoise....uh purpose (sorry, I couldn't resist that one...(choking). Anyway, the tune's really nothing that great from my perspective, but fit the purpose to the tee. I'll try to put something good together within the 3 year period again...maybe say 2011. Something that has to do with a cane or Geritol. We could all collaborate with our oxygen masks on. Cheers babe...M
#17April 4th, 2008 · 02:54 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
re: Chauvette
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Seriously cool man....  I must say, you have always been an inspiration to me on here, I hear the amazing quality in your recordings, and I aspire to get the clarity and depth...  Also, let me say that your song writing is excellent, never cease to surprise me...  I love the varying styles, and the vocals are very nice as well...

Between you and JBP, I have set a major benchmark that will take me some time to achieve... sigh... 

JimK

JIMMY, JIMMY,JIMMY. That's a funny remark. I have a benchmark too. The one my ass implanted in that chair behind my computer wondering what my next big move was. I haven't found it yet, but I have come up with some great inventions in the last couple of years. I came up with the idea of producing little bottles of white liquid stuff that you could paint on typing paper to cover up typos. I'm going to make millions. Don't tell anybody about my idea.

Man, you guys must all have box sets by now. The best of BandAmp (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9). Collaborations: The Definitive Collection. BandAmp Sings the Classics. I want to listen to all your latest additions!! I'm going to grab a bowl of Lucky Charms and get busy.
#18April 4th, 2008 · 03:04 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
AndiRux wrote…
Very, very good!  In everything. I really don't know what else to add to what the guys said. I'll download this one to my MP4 player. Highscored!  ;)

Hey thanks Andi. I'll have to check out some of your stuff as well! I had forgotten how many great people there were here.
#19April 4th, 2008 · 03:07 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Robbie Williams & co can hide themselves behind you

this song and this performance is definitely full of power!!!!

a good song

WoW thanks Triton. It's so good to hear from you again. I'm gonna have my hands full trying to catch up on the listens, but it's going to be a great experience!! Thanks for the kind words my friend!! M
#20April 4th, 2008 · 03:33 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
re: ...
FLYER7747 wrote…
Nice chauvette, I always like your songs..Vey nice vocals..I like the build up to the chorus...nice lyrics..I thought I was listening to "Penny Lane" by the Beatles for a split second during the intro

Flyer

Rates

Ya know, that seems to be the thing the people notice in that tune right off the bat. I have always been fascinated by mellotrons. I had one of the originals. What a pain in the ass. I don't know your age or if you're familiar with them, but it was a keyboard that when you pressed a key, it would trigger a sound on a looped slice of 2-track analog tape inside the machine. They had several sounds including choir, flutes, strings.....they all sounded a little creepy. When the tape would break, you'd have to open the thing up to replace the reel of tape that broke. But man, we had the sounds right down It added several songs like Strawberry Fields, Nights In White Satin, Gentle Giant stuff, Wakeman, King Crimson, anything with a mellotron in it. A couple years back, I noticed a company called G-Media had developed mellotron software, and I took the plunge just to hear all of those sounds again!! It's not like you can put it in every song, but I've used it in a couple so far. Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQi4BKu9g9U Thanks for your kind words. Always greatly appreciated. MC
#21April 4th, 2008 · 10:00 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hey chauvette...I meant to say "Strawberry Fields" instead of "Penny Lane"...I did check out the site. It is a very interesting instrument. I wouldn't mind having just see what I could do with it....You deff would have to add it very select songs...I agree...But what a nice sound it does bring....I get Penny Lane Confused with Strawberry Fields...Why ?..I have no idea...lol....and Yeah I'm old school...I'm 51...But to be honest...I don't recall any knowledge of the Mellotron ...Thanks for the head sup...keep playing and posting on Bandamp...your a fine Musician...yes Bandamp is a very good site for all of us...very nice community....

Ralph_Flyer
#22April 6th, 2008 · 03:16 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
wow...this sounds great!!!! I hear a strong Elton influence...that is awesome I love Elton....The vocals are some of the best I've heard on here...Holy shit..i don;t know what else to say...this is liek the total sound man...Why the hell aren;t you signed and outta this place man!!!LOL
#23April 6th, 2008 · 03:49 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
rdobson wrote…
wow...this sounds great!!!! I hear a strong Elton influence...that is awesome I love Elton....The vocals are some of the best I've heard on here...Holy shit..i don;t know what else to say...this is liek the total sound man...Why the hell aren;t you signed and outta this place man!!!LOL

Well, I wish it were that easy Dobs, but thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it, and if you ever take over Sony, please keep me in mind!

Chauvette
#24April 6th, 2008 · 05:51 AM
5 threads / 2 songs
51 posts
India
loved it...
great song!!
#25April 6th, 2008 · 11:12 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
hey Chauvette!!!

I don't think we've ever actually talked, you were probably gone by the time I came around here, but it was your music that got me into this site, I'm a long time admirer 

It seems that you have many of these, however.
Anyway, I'm in no place to critique this, keep on writing man, we want more!
#26April 7th, 2008 · 05:07 PM
10 threads / 9 songs
35 posts
United States of America
Good job! I wish I could have that production quality. Your singing kind of reminds me of meatloaf for some reason. I love the flute thing... I love those type of sounds. The only thing I didn't really like was the lyrics of the chorus. Reminds me of something that would be on American idol. But thats a good thing because they actually have a song writing contest for American idol... i bet you this song would make it in!
#27April 7th, 2008 · 08:37 PM
373 posts
China
I yam who I yam I'm Popeye the sailor man... sorry man... good stuff...
Another great production...

Hai Ke Yi...
#28April 9th, 2008 · 11:57 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
msi435 wrote…
Good job! I wish I could have that production quality. Your singing kind of reminds me of meatloaf for some reason. I love the flute thing... I love those type of sounds. The only thing I didn't really like was the lyrics of the chorus. Reminds me of something that would be on American idol. But thats a good thing because they actually have a song writing contest for American idol... i bet you this song would make it in!

Hey man!!

Great, because that's what it was created for! They had a songwriting competition for this year's final song, and I banked on the rocker winning. I'm not a big fan of the show, and I hate to be one of those sellout whores, but I would love the chance to chart a tune, and rake in some big bucks to pour into creating GOOD music. Just a dream though...I guess they got something like 25,000 songs. Just another speck in the blanket of dust on my song catalog, but that's what I love...and I'm stickin' to it. I promise...I'll back it up with something you'll really enjoy. Tanks for da comments!!

Chauvette
#29April 9th, 2008 · 12:00 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
jackfancy wrote…
I yam who I yam I'm Popeye the sailor man... sorry man... good stuff...
Another great production...

Hai Ke Yi...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Shiver me timbers !! Blow me down !!! Sweet Pea !! Speaks to Me !! I yam who I yam and that's all that I yam.....Now let's me finish me spinach!!!

Thanks for the comments Olive Oil..

Chauvette
#30April 9th, 2008 · 09:37 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
122 posts
United States of America
Awesome!
Nothing else to say.... everyone has already said it!

-NT4M
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.