reel good drummin (programmin)

love it!!!!

i vote

87%
#17March 31st, 2008 · 06:41 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Great intro. The rhythm and lead guitar pars go really well together.

And now the drums come in. Damn this is heavy, man. Lovin' the classic metal kick pedals.

What effect is that on the guitar around 2:07? It sounds really cool.
#18March 31st, 2008 · 08:19 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
D00d
This is pretty slick man....   Reminds me of my younger days listening to Megadeth ,Suicidal Tendencies, Dio, etc etc..  Allot of Old School influence in here, with some serious fresh new sounds...  Awesome...  I have to say It was totally not what I expected from the name.... I was thinking because you said lame name, first metal song, blah blah, I was thinking more along the lines of an electro/metal fusion type thing... Based on some of your prior work, I think this is pretty frickin AWESOME! 

OK, just read some of the other peoples reviews, so I stopped short of saying a few things... And let it be known that I agree with Marino and Denis allot... And My man TLS brings light to some issues I hadn't really thought too much about at first..  Let me also say though that I don't find the guitar to be that thin truly.. I think it is fat enough, if you consider the old school vibe I got off it..  Take a listen to some of the old school stuff, and you'll see what I mean..  It truly gives me a feel for 1984 man...  Lovin it...  

JimK
#19April 1st, 2008 · 09:05 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the great feedback everyone.

Dazednconfused: the effect around 2.07 is just taking the normal wav file and doing a hiss reduction on it (found in most audio editing programs). but instead of reducing the hiss, i clicked an option to keep only the hiss, which gave it this washed out sound that i was pleasantly surprised by.

Jimk: im a bit surprised by that, because my knowledge of old skool metal is pretty much nil. I'll definatly try and get hold of some to listen to though.

Thanks again
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.