1 2
#16March 21st, 2008 · 05:39 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
nice peace of work man! nice lofi! what stuff did you use? i think the bass drum is a bit to loud in the mix..and i mis some low frequincy in your track.

later
#17March 26th, 2008 · 02:14 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
not really my style of music , but I hear a lot of it and this is well done. nice mix. good groove, good tempo, clean tones .    I come and go on this type of music. sometimes I like it sometimes I don't.  This is well done but to much like all the other stuff like this to me.   It doesn't stand out or grab me.  That's not your fault or the songs. Just not into this right now.  I still give it a high vote though for the very good production value and mix.
#18March 29th, 2008 · 03:09 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Hey dude, came back to rate... just wondering, did u use some kind of gapper filter on the lead synth?

ok, rated. 
#19March 29th, 2008 · 03:53 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
18 posts
Canada
hey guys, thanks!! everything I did in Reason 4, for the lowfi filter i used the Scream distortion, and for the lead i used strings with a matrix pattern sequencer!
#20March 29th, 2008 · 06:17 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hey, listening in on the myspace version-- i was going to download it, but i think i deleted my myspace account from years back.  i can't remember.. .none of my normal username-password combinations are working to log me in to allow me to download it.

Now, i know this is all about the music, but i have to point out that i'm noticing that your song titles are all single word, plural nouns   Liars, Communications, Revolutions... etc... they're all good names, but if it continues and you have many more songs that follow this pattern, they're going to start looking the same to my eyes.  It's like when I look at the back of a Fuel CD, and every last blasted song has a title one word long.  Drives me insane.

But you're safe for now   So far, I've only seen 3 songs from you, so my conclusion is not fully drawn, nor is it final.

I like the new breakdown in the middle of the myspace version, though I think I felt like it was going to stay at a slower tempo.  Contrary to the way it led me on, it used the intro sound again, bring it back to a 100% tempo before I felt like I was ready to go back to the original pace.  If you were to change it again, I would say... keep that scream filter over the drum that comes back into the mix on the breakdown, but I'd maybe try to make it match that synchopated tempo you've got going on.  Then, once we've gotten our fill, you can usher us back to the normal tempo.

Since I'm not doing this review in any method that is chronologically friendly, I'll stay with my pattern:  Hooray for Canada.

*ahem* um... As for production, it's absolutely great, which is to be expected from this genre of music.  Production is the easier area to do a good job on, particularly when you're drawing from good samples in a great program. 

Yeh, repetative, but it's fine for me.

I do like that same-note repetative tone... the beat that it makes is very catchy to my ears (that was such a broken awkward sentence, grammatically speaking)

I'll be sure to rate it!  (it'll get a high one)
Tim
#21March 30th, 2008 · 06:10 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Gotta love reason .
Mr Throwdown sugoi.
You have the groove , now go forth and spread the beat
Very happy here
production and execution 
#22April 7th, 2008 · 11:05 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
man
You are one that's getting my attention as well...

This is pretty cool man!   I would like to see you and Aetheris work on something together, He is the Master...  The two of you could make some incredible stuff!  

This is so much more than I could do, I suck at programming...  Just love it....

JimK
#23April 8th, 2008 · 03:32 AM
373 posts
China
Reason is addictive!  Not really my style lest I'm eyeballin' girls writhing about to it... but good show!

Yi Ban Ban!
#24April 8th, 2008 · 02:22 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes! Really cool little creation, and every one has given little bits of good advice, (especially Minds)
Like the synth ar 2:14, I just adore juttering synths, like it's trying to re-tune the signal in your brain!!!
A little repetitive...yes, minds covered the drum break up.
I'd say play those synth sounds, make them say more, cut them up, automate more high and low cuts...etc etc
That would fill in the story in between the drum breaks !  
I'm off to listen to the rest of your stuff, while I can!
Keep it up.
#25April 13th, 2008 · 12:47 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Morocco
This Liars is the one homey ^^ nice job and Revolutions is also awsom i luv it
BIG UP
#26April 14th, 2008 · 04:06 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
electronic music...
.... is not my cup of tea yet this piece is really enjoyable. jack
#27April 15th, 2008 · 12:44 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
14 posts
India
this was innovative
i liked it it was innovative, especially the intro, well produced, keep it coming
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 2:54 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.