#1March 6th, 2008 · 03:35 PM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
New tune

This song is not in a battle

A couple of weeks ago I posted a song called "waiting for" (http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/6106.html) which was very rough and had a lot of mix and mastering to be done.  I decided to start from scratch and came up with a fairly different sounding track but I wasn't happy with the lyrics and vocals. To try and sort this out I started again with an even more stripped down version of the song but it took on a life of its own. Nothing seemed to work right until eventually about half an hour ago a new tune and lyric was born. guitar is fairly roughly patched together and vocal is very "off" because its so new but I thought I would see what people think.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 6th, 2008 · 05:46 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Yeah I can hear where the two are related. I can't tell whether or not the vocals in this would fill what I was getting bored with on the last track because this is lacking the depth of the other effects.

I am not offended with your vocals, and you said yourself you threw this togather rapidly. That being said, apparently I can't really distinguish between bad and so-so vocals. I can only distinguish between great and not great. I am hopeing that your vocals are on the high-side of not great because I like them.

Guitar: I think that the chords part ~1.10-1.50 is pretty strong.

All in all this is a pretty crazy bit of awesomeness.

Why do you have 30 seconds of silence at the end?

Peace.
#3March 6th, 2008 · 05:48 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This way of creating works for you, so just go with the flow and what works for you.

With me I'll just try out different things until I play phrase that sound nice or interesting, then build from that,
There is no point trying to work on something that doesn't sound right to you as an artist, you must be happy with it.

Anyway back to the this song, I love the guitar progression and playing, the vox melody is nice too, just need to project your vox out a bit and this would be a great song.

So maybe on your next song you create you could start playing this tune and see where it takes you.

Cheers

Denis
#4March 6th, 2008 · 05:50 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
voice
u have a nice voice lovely..............
this is great and very well done...........
the voc needs a little seperation from the guitar
maybe a little lift on the voc eq???
or drop the guitar a touch............
a song is about the words ......so bring them forward please

fish

love the sound

kersplash
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 11:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.