#1March 5th, 2008 · 06:47 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Tactile - Spoon

This song is not in a battle

almost done with this one...I think....but then again - your comments will probably make me want to make a ton of changes! Thanks for listening! : )

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 5th, 2008 · 06:58 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
I don't mean this to be rude, but for like half of the lines your voice almost sounds like a man's falsetto. Maybe its because I was just listening to Clusterone for the reference but it sounds like, every once and a while, you’re dropping into pink floyd’s Gilmour and Wright in the chorus but most of the time you’re what I’ve come to expect from you.

The bassist has nothing but pure respect from me. So fucking soft and smooth through outt he whole thing, this is some disgusting delicious damnation here man.
#3March 5th, 2008 · 07:03 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Acoustic sounds very nice( love and hate that I can hear your changes, but they're not like nails on a chalkboard) Ummmm this is a little depressing for you no? Getting a Courtney Love meshed with Stevie Knicks vibe...That is a compliment! Maybe add some other instrumentation (wind?) as it tends to drag a bit in spots....I really like it I just don't think I could have it on heavy rotation. Oh..who's playing with you now? Nice to hear ya again!

PS. For nostalgia I guess I can say I get a seventies vibe...just kidding..later!
#4March 5th, 2008 · 07:06 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Man's falsetto - LOL!!! I've never been told I sound like a man before - oh well, guess there's always a first for everything! 
#5March 5th, 2008 · 07:15 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
lol You sound like a girl on the other songs I've lisnt to. Its only at the begining. Because you're singig kinda low I guess.

I was listening, and I was like "I thought this chick was a chick" But by the end of the line you sound like a girl. If you listen to it maybe you'll pick out what I mean. Its oly at the first half of lines inside the first stanza.
#6March 11th, 2008 · 05:07 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
What I think is hilarious is that according to the stats - nobody has even listened to this - LOL!  Maybe nobody really has....
#7March 11th, 2008 · 10:35 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey spoon I love the vibe on this track.I found the tracks a bit far in the back an your voice a bit high on the mids almost funneled sounding...The mix a pretty well balance except your voice ad some drum parts...Ahhh a 250 it got to where it need it to be..that's exactly the sound I hear for this tune but then you loose it again..Spoon beautiful voice..To bad I missed the Amp get together would have loved to see you sing live...great bass playing!
Good show!
#8March 17th, 2008 · 12:27 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i love the atmosphere and your voice is great!
but i must agree with Marino about 2:50 and also i think the chords and vox melody are to much repeated, i would really love this going up and hear some changes, just think that would make this a great song
some additional instrument would be nice too...
but maybe you aimed for a sequencial thing?

hope you get this to a even greater song anyway

btw, the stats dont work for a long time now dont they?
#9March 20th, 2008 · 05:50 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
This is really good!

I really like the bass and your voice is beautiful.

A flute solo would sounds really nice and maybe as a backing instrument as well?

Good Job.
#10July 4th, 2008 · 07:58 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
wayooo havent seen you in a while, didnt know you were still around! liking the tunage it sound like the love scene of a james bond move :P chilled sound is nice, the mix is nice, like the strumming in the background, nice soft flowing sound, you do all this yourself?
#11July 11th, 2008 · 06:55 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
This song reminds me of rocking horses and merry-go-rounds. For some reason it reminds me of Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden too. Sound like a woman to me. Liked it. Lyrics seemed influenced by Joni Mitchell?
#12April 14th, 2009 · 12:45 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Over a year old, never even noticed this lovely track. It's quite a light track, a very mild arrangement, staying very close to the surface, but keeps hinting to more... Seing how much time has passed I suppose the song sounds very different nowadays...

But the real reason I'm replying is because of this... !

Would be cool if you'd wanna join.
#13April 16th, 2009 · 02:20 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Reminds me of pink floyd. I think I'll sit down and listen to this a few times in a row while I have my cereal.

It's nice to hear a spoon song. This is a new favorite.

As a side note, Petermoncrieff mentioned a flute solo or backup? Man, I wouldn't have thought of that, but I can really hear it in there. Something real soft and breathy. Sounds nice in my head anyway

Well spoon, thanks for the tune. Hope all is well.
#14April 16th, 2009 · 01:54 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yeah i guess the beginning is gilmour and wright-ish.
great job! im surprised i didnt listen to this before!

loved the listen.

i guess the instrumentation is kind of back in the mix. man that bass is so smooth
#15April 16th, 2009 · 09:36 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Fab
I really like this.  Reminds me of sitting on the dock of the bay in some ways.  Nice vocals and a nice song.  Simple as that.

I'm no bass player but, holy smoke, that is great bass work there.  So smooth and controlled.  Brilliant.

Paul
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 11:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.