1 2
#16March 6th, 2008 · 02:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Petermoncrieff wrote…
Great recording quality.

Flute is played really well.

One thing you could work on would be dynamics.

With some really soft phrases on the flute played really quietly, building up to forte again this could be very, very nice.

It may sound OK, but there is a lot of unwanted noise in the background, due to the quality of the mixer and processor I used in this experiment, I', ordered a new preamp, should get it next week ,I'm very excited, this should do the trick.

Yes controling the dynamics on the flute, it's pretty difficult on the flute to control, I'm slowly improving to achieve that, in this particular song, I'm blowing too hard. Thanks for the comments.
Cheers
Denis
#17March 6th, 2008 · 02:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Dark wrote…
Your songs go through so many transformations that I always want to listen ad reply big long huge powerful responses.

In the second 'phase' where you mute pick, that sounds cool. Are you playing the woodwind, too?

Hey Dark, The second phrase is picking the harmonics on the guitar,.
I'm playing producing everything.

Thanks for you positive words.

Denis
#18March 6th, 2008 · 01:30 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
are you in an open tuning? those harmonics seem to carry more of a melody than jamstandard
#19March 6th, 2008 · 05:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Dark wrote…
are you in an open tuning? those harmonics seem to carry more of a melody than jamstandard

The guitar was played in standard tuning. The harmonics at the begining of the phrase was on the 3rd, 4th and 5th frets using the 6th ,5th and 4th strings, followed bt the 7th and 12th fret.

The harmonics on the 3rd and 4th frets a hard to get, but makes it more interesting melodicaly.

You can get harmonics on most frets, try it out for yourself

Cheers

Denis
#20March 6th, 2008 · 05:29 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
rofl, I know that and I know you can also fret a note and get the harmonic off of a fretted note, but I guess I never learned what notes were sounding at differnt places on the fret board
#21March 6th, 2008 · 06:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Dark wrote…
rofl, I know that and I know you can also fret a note and get the harmonic off of a fretted note, but I guess I never learned what notes were sounding at differnt places on the fret board

The harmonics don't follow a logical or chromatics sequence, so I just play the ones that sound alright,
hence I play by ear only, except chords, I know a lot of those.

As you said you can get some lovely harmonics freting a note sometimes refered to as overtones, the ones that come out the best genreally are 1st and second strings 5th and 7th frets.

I also sometimes use the guitar as a percussion instruments, the harmonics play a big part.

I wonder what else we could do with the guitar, someone suggested a bow recently, but don't have one.
How about a strong fan, hmm probably would need an eletric guitar, the fan would be too loud for an acoustic

Hmmm, Dark you got me thinking.

Cheers

Denis
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.