1 2
#16December 18th, 2007 · 06:59 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
normally i'm not big on always-on EQs, but i've set winamp to make it just a bit punchier for those songs that already sound great.  normally, i'm with you 100% about listening to it "flat" on th EQ.  I just have to get a little more out of Winamp when I'm using a big subwoofer and crisp treble satellite speakers     But when it plays out of the page, all flat there.  and it still was very nice.   props, again.  still liking it, the next day.. which proves that the song isn't like a hangover, where you love it in the moment, but want to puke the next morning
#17December 18th, 2007 · 08:45 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
still liking it, the next day.. which proves that the song isn't like a hangover, where you love it in the moment, but want to puke the next morning :D

Great analogy , thanks.
#18December 19th, 2007 · 08:36 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I will try to come out with some lyrics Avi but I've got few things on the go at the moment and with Christmas coming it's gonna be hard to find much time
But as soon as the festive season is over I will look into it
Hope I'll be able to come out with something half as good of this great song
#19December 20th, 2007 · 09:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey Avi pretty good recording.No hiss at all from what i can tell!Theres some timing issues and the solo is more like a noodle.But as you mentioned this was done in three takes so I think is fair to say excellent job.I think if you had more time this would be a great track to rework,either with vox or with out ,Its a good track indeed!!!Looking forward to more my friend!
#20December 20th, 2007 · 10:19 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Vincent: I am sure you will!  Looking forward to hearing what you come up with (if indeed, you decide to).

Marino: Yeah, the track is a little sloppy, and it's definitely clear in the lead.  There is a part which, listening to now, I find quite funny.  Towards the end of the track, there is a very fast lick where I cascade down the scale and when I stop, I'm one note short of being on time; there is almost awkward silence that really tickles me.  Meh, hopefully next year I'll find the time to beat this around and work with it a little.

Thanks for the comments though!
#21December 20th, 2007 · 11:45 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
excellent!  minor stuff really .. really this is great .  The acoustic guitar sound is fantastic. the tone/eq mix is just about as good as it gets. nice use of just the right amount of effects.  top marks for you on this jam. I love this stuff as much as all the thought out processed music . cause it shows real on the fly musicianship . I'm gonna down load it and put it in the player.
#22December 21st, 2007 · 04:46 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks, TG, appreciate the great compliments.

When are you going to start uploading stuff again?
#23December 21st, 2007 · 06:01 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
fantastic recording quality...and playing...........

nice riff ............. more please........to make a song

kersplash
the fish
#24January 13th, 2008 · 05:49 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
47 posts
Germany
excellent
really showcases your guitar playing abilities.  the rythym is very clear and a happy positive feel as you intended.  like the lead too, very much.  all around excellent job.
#25January 13th, 2008 · 05:54 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thank you, both of you!
#26January 22nd, 2008 · 03:50 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
One That I Missed....Nice...I'd give my all to play anywhere as good as you do AVI...
a short and sweet song...very effective

Flyer

Ill give it a rating

Flyer
#27January 22nd, 2008 · 12:38 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thank you for your great compliments Flyer, I appreciate it.
#28January 22nd, 2008 · 01:34 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
United States of America
The overall premise of the riff that you came up with is great! If you plan to add a lil percusion to the track, I think that it will blend very well. The guitar/pitched-bass effect is kinda cool and adds a different flavor to the riff. all-in-all a great beginning to a great track!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:28 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.