#1December 10th, 2007 · 12:48 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
SnowboardKids HiddenTrack

This song is not in a battle

This is an original 8-bit tune that I came up with, which is a modification of a videogame tune I did a while back. I still might tweak some things, but this is the general layout. I'm entering this into a competition with the theme "8-bit Christmas". I'm pleased with the result so far. Also, I have considered taking this melody and progression and offering them up for a Christmas collab in discussion here: http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/3831.html

In terms of collabing on this, I don't have lyrics or a vocal melody to work with... maybe later, but if anyone wants to write lyrics for it, the arrangement of the verse/chorus/bridge sections can be completely rearranged to form a skeleton to work up from, kinda like what happened with the sudden sunset collab. There were some parts I made in the older version of this (a non 8-bit tune) that may work well integrated with proper instruments, so I could possibly blend synths into the track.

But if anyone wants to raise their hand for lyrics/guitar/bass/vocals, anything to get this off the ground, and further discussion would likely follow.

Enjoy the song.

WB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 10th, 2007 · 08:53 AM
15 threads
63 posts
United States of America
uhm..... Im good for bass and vocals!!! i already posted in the other thread but still just making sure!!! lol
#3December 10th, 2007 · 04:01 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah, some female vox would work with a sort of 90's sound and feel.

Good luck in the competition.

Merry Christmas!!

Denis
#4December 10th, 2007 · 05:51 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Fun song!!
man you have some ear for video game songs!
Man seriously the melody is awesome.I like the main theme melody the most.It could actually be played in slow tempo as beautiful ballad.Good job WB!
#5December 10th, 2007 · 06:11 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
This so reminds me of Here In Your Arms by Hello Goodbye....I think the main melody is the vox line in it's self
Can only take so much of the midi but this is definitely catchy and constructed well..
#6December 10th, 2007 · 07:51 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: SnowboardKids HiddenTrack
u just screwed up my phone.........haha

fish
#7December 11th, 2007 · 04:09 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
hey, thanks for the comments.
I've work on this a bit more so that the rest of the song is more up to the standard of the main melody, that was my one main issue.
Thanks again, it's great to get this feedback from you guys.

Cheers

WB
#8December 11th, 2007 · 11:51 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
i thought video games... this is brilliant...........this is a very catchy peice of music....love it a lot...will rate...    funny thing is all those little faces emoticons on the left have developed a personality all of a sudden..lol.
#9December 11th, 2007 · 05:27 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
paganscradle wrote…
i thought video games... this is brilliant...........this is a very catchy peice of music....love it a lot...will rate...    funny thing is all those little faces emoticons on the left have developed a personality all of a sudden..lol. ;)
It's the ghost in the machine! 

WB: Not very Christmasy is it !!?? I thought I'd try my hand at some words but I wouldent know what to say this way.
Could you put vocals to computer game music any way?

Even though I cant get into this kind of music in any form, it has a great structure and melody, if it were slowed down and done by a band it would be excellent!  Probably a number one! lol
#10December 11th, 2007 · 06:08 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
yeah, This deffinatley music for a video game
I dont think I would even add, or try to add lyrics or Vox to this...I would let it Fly as it is
Sounds good WB...

Flyer

Will Rate
#11December 11th, 2007 · 07:49 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
thanks, pagan, kings, flyer.

Well, the idea I've discussed is like kings said, have it played as a band would play it, get rid of the 8-bit video game sounds and replace it with some real stuff, like the sudden sunset collab.

I've got an updated version that I'll probably upload today, which fills the harmony out a lot more and adds a little bit more variation into the mix.

Cheers, guys.

WB
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:27 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.