493 posts
United Kingdom
lol James has spoken... thanks for the additional comments guys
#17December 9th, 2007 · 02:28 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Dark wrote…
The arpeggio intro of what, three chords? Isn't fitting to the song. The choruses are punk rock sounding, which doesn't match your verses. All three of those parts are cool done very well and make me want to learn to play better.

BUT none of them belong togather.

The scream.......... um, right. It sounds weak. I am not saying that it isn't forward enough. I am saying that it is a weak scream. Girly. 1:20 where the "verse" comes back in kicks the shit out of life. Seriously. Love it. Compliments the first verse. But going into the chorus is just ew. And the chorus itself really doesn't seem to fit with the verses at all.

Agree totally...wouldn't go as far as saying "girly" for the scream..I think its just his voice doesnt have any low end rumble rip your throat out sound to it...AFI's scream in Miss Murder is more of what would suit this I believe..Anyways production wise this is great and overall an enjoyable listen...
#18December 9th, 2007 · 02:54 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
Changes.....
Think ive got a better idea for the chorus, its a bit -monotone- if you get me, (which might be what Dark was getting at last night Dave), thanks Dark  

I'll work on some thing to fill out the bridge.
#19December 9th, 2007 · 03:15 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
ok message from a girl...I cant scream like that..!!!  this to me is brilliant work.. its well thought out..I like it a lot.. its not my type of music i would sit and sculpt to..lol.. but gosh it has depth and i wouldint like to try to make a compositon like this... i am impressed.. wow..will rate...xxxxxx
#20December 9th, 2007 · 07:08 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
thanks for more comments; sounds good we'll work on the bridge and stuff like bringing the cymbal volume down
#21December 9th, 2007 · 07:53 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
DaveUK wrote…
- Any 'misfretted' notes are left in intentionally. I don't like recording guitar in many takes, I like to keep it fresh so alot of what you hear here is improvised as I recorded. I've been playing 10 years and can play 8 notes a beat at 120bpm, so if I was in a studio spending serious time on it then yeh I'd sit there and everything would be spot on accurate.

I actually misworded that in my original post on a second reading: the timing and the misfrets were two separate issues.

I don't see the correlation between "keep[ing] it fresh" and having mistakes.  I almost always do the same---improvise, that is---but I can't see why accuracy should be sacrificed for interest (bit rich coming from me, but then again I don't post everything here).  And don't take it personally that you made a mistake, everyone does.  I was not putting you down as a guitarist, quite the opposite from what I remember writing, so there's no need to quote your resume!

EDIT:

Dark wrote…
SHORTCUT PLZ.

I forgot to add: this really made me laugh! I pictured a little cute kitten stuck in a mousehole or something with "SHORTCUT PLZ" written in large, white Arial Bold along the bottom (To those that don't get the reference, Google "lolcats").

EDIT2:

I just had to:

#22March 5th, 2008 · 09:17 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
hey!

I like the concept of this more than ultimatium. So work on it and make it pure sex like the other one.

DO IT
DO IT
DO IT

You guys never been to new england, so that joke doesn't make as much sense as it should. Silly old englanders.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 9:29 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.