1 2

#1December 7th, 2007 · 10:30 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Turn to grey

This song is not in a battle

New song A very rough first take
I don't think I'm the best singer for that one so if anybody is interested in a collab it's there for the taking
Let me know if it's worth taking it further

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 7th, 2007 · 12:16 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Alright, so now you're the poster-child for how to get out of writer's block!

I loved this: the chord progression, melody and feeling you inject into your tracks are "hit" quality, and I don't mean the way American Idol judges say it, but the way that people appreciated music when the music and not the money mattered.

The most striking thing for me personally was the incredible songwriting range you've shown between this and Birds and Bees Blues.  A straight up bluesy happy jam to this very powerful melancholic track.

The recording seems to have a few issues, but it's definitely good enough for what you have.  I would turn up the vocals a bit more and widen the guitar on the sound scape a little to give the listener a fuller sound, but that's all at the mixer.  On the subject of vocals, I actually think your voice really suits the kind of music you write.  This is obviously no exception.

My only major gripe is the fade out at the end.  I don't think it's a good way to end any track, and on an acoustic track all you are doing is weakening the sound.  End with an atonal chord in song like this to leave that feeling you create so well throughout the track with the listener.

Fantastic stuff though.  I really hope you've got a songwriting groove back, because I'd love to hear more from you.
#3December 7th, 2007 · 12:27 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Oh, please post up some lyrics and chords if you could.
#4December 7th, 2007 · 12:29 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
For a "first take" you didn't seem to mess up much. I heard a few fret outs but that doesn't realy mean much. There seemed to be a weird panning issue though. Everyonce and a while I'd get  anote in just one side :/ Maybe that is just that my headphones are designed for my amp. Oh, and you fucked the fade hard core.
#5December 7th, 2007 · 06:25 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
lyrics

I need someone else to feel the emptiness
What's left when all has ended just sorrow and pain
I cannot make you stay there's no point anyway
I know your choice is made my chance has run away
the clear blue sky has gone away
after the sun must come the rain

chorus

All we had fade away nothing's left of us today
The night we shared this love I swear
It was all lies anyway
All we had fade away

I thought it'd go away get better day by day
but I can't get over you I cannot see it through
I thought we would be friend be loyal till the end
but I cannot forget and every time we meet
The clear blue sky just turn to Grey
after the sun must come the rain

chorus
#6December 7th, 2007 · 06:48 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I like this A LOT!!!
The chord progression is great and your voice suits the song very well
I dunno...but to me it just feels like a bit of something is missing...but I can't think of it now...But I will!!!

and go you for getting over your writers block 
(fantastic lyrics btw)
#7December 7th, 2007 · 07:54 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
this is great, VincentL.  I really liked the way you let those chords in the chorus ring out.  your sense of melody is perfect for this song, in my opinion.  avi mentioned your songwriting range, and i agree entirely.  doing a range of things is a great thing to be able to do, as it allows you to move from genre to genre when you're stuck.  something can turn into another style and it won't bother you at all, since that's just what you do anyway!

i hope that more goodness comes out of this as you spend even more time on it--- i definintely think it'd be worth your time.

edit:   by the way, this is one of my favorites from you--- the tone and feel have my interest captured.  it's great for your voice, too.  sure, there's always room for improvement, but like you said, it's a rough first take.  (and even at that, it's not THAT rough!)
#8December 8th, 2007 · 05:35 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
love it very much, could use another instrument and an real ending though...

real nice voice!

singin aint just about technique, its bringing emotions to ppl too, which u do well
#9December 8th, 2007 · 07:53 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Think your singin is fine, and the recording is clear, dunno what dark is talking about regarding the panning, 1 occassional note on one side?! riiight... anyways mate top notch stuff, especially considering it's a first take, fade could be better, needs to be like a bell curve fade, because thats how the human hearing operates in regards to volume, so gradual curve into steep into gradual again, but yea, like i said top notch stuff
#10December 8th, 2007 · 12:13 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you Vincent. 

For those that don't know Vincent was concened of a bit of 'Writters Block', and has amazed us all
by writting this GREAT song.

This sounds great as it is Vincent.

Although you could collab with someone and introduce some Drums and something else to fill  the sound
out just in the Chorus.

There's nought wrong with your Vox me 'ol China Plate. 

Well Done

Merry Christmas

RATED

Denis
#11December 9th, 2007 · 09:10 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
thanks a lot for all those great comments
To clarify few points as I said this was done in one take so no production/eq etc
As for the fading at the end just did it because I messed up the end!(Oups!)
I'll try to record a better version in the days to come and I will try to do a better job
#12December 9th, 2007 · 03:12 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
Id love to hear a finished version of this, catchy chilled out, and by the way i thought your voice suited it great, perhaps some harmonies on the chorus if you can get someone to colab with that.

Keep up the good work.

I wasnt gonna rate untill i heard the full version but accidently cliked on the stars,errr, ill put it at 3 for now because im looking forward to heaing a finished version.

thanks
#13December 9th, 2007 · 03:35 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
brilliant...
.. this has great lyrics..your voice is spot on you have a good song here..will rate.... i will say it again..brilliant! great talent...love your style..xxxxxxx
#14December 10th, 2007 · 08:28 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
thank you pagans. that's very nice from you to say
#15December 10th, 2007 · 08:42 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Man I love this track.You're one awesome song writer.The fade dint work for me,but this is my favorite song from you and one of the better ones I have heard in a while in the Amp.If i wasn't so swamp with track work i would definitely take this track to the next level.Tx man this was a very good track and great way to break away from writers block!
honestly Awesome!!!
Giving 96% rating ,(4%)theres some space for recording quality!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 7th, 2024 · 8:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.