1 2

#1June 13th, 2005 · 09:00 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
duplicity

This song is not in a battle

I tried to upload this earlier, so I'm probably repeating myself here.

It's been a long time (years) since I wrote and recorded anything, or even played with anyone.

So this marks a return to music for me. This is a simple piece, although I got a somewhat carried away in the middle.

It's called duplicity because of the harmonies, which are the dominant feature of the music. I like the way they rain down.

Best listened to with headphones.

I hope someone likes it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 13th, 2005 · 12:21 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
i really like it, it sorta carries you away. i think it would be really good with a vocal part in it, but its amazing as it is.
#3June 13th, 2005 · 11:46 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
90 posts
United Kingdom
really good... just my cup o' tea
#4June 14th, 2005 · 02:51 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Thanks folks
Thanks a lot - great feedback for my first posting!

I left space for a vocal part - thats why it's simple. The thing is, I can't sing to save my life. Maybe I should try, or look for someone to team up with perhaps.

I don't know what came over me in the middle of that piece by the way - it's a little out of place.

Anyhow, I hope to start work on another recording in a couple of weeks. Again, I doubt it will have vocals though.
#5June 28th, 2005 · 07:27 AM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
MMMmmmmm, very pink floydish in some parts, gets quite floaty, i like, thats a really nice stereo reverb you have on the guitar there... Good stuff my man!!! I think the lead giutar is well done but the little rythm riff before it @ 2.38 sounds a little flat, personally i would take that bit out and try to find another way to bridge into the solo... Keep rockin the free world!!!!
#6June 28th, 2005 · 08:08 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Yeh, that mid section was chucked in really quickly without thinking (or even playing properly) - I was running out of time.

I used to be a huge Floyd fan, although I think this reminds me more of Marillion, whom I listen to quite a lot these days.

Cheers for the comments dude!
#7June 28th, 2005 · 08:10 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
The guitars, by the way, are a preset patch on a Korg PX4. Each one recorded in mono (2 guitars). Then I bounced them to a stereo track with panning them left and right.
#8June 28th, 2005 · 12:08 PM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
Pretty good, man.  The change in drum beats just past the middle was real cool.  Yeah, you should definately find a vocalist, but make sure it's a good one -- your music is very smooth and consonant so you don't want some crap, out-of-tune singer.  Post some more!  
#9June 29th, 2005 · 02:04 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Thanks. I'm working on another recording now, but it's going to take a while as I have zero free time at the moment unfortunately...
#10June 30th, 2005 · 10:30 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
127 posts
United States of America
Yes!
Very soothing, I love how it carries me away, good guitar chops, very progressive, a female voice would favor the harmony,good recording, very well in deed.
Great come back!
Cheers

Rod
#11July 1st, 2005 · 02:58 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Cheers Rod! I can't wait to get another one out...
#12July 10th, 2005 · 12:39 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
23 posts
Austria
super track
There aren't many instrumentals I can listen to, but this one is good. I hear so many influences in there. and I have to say the drum beat is very catchy. I agree that the middle part is a bit out of place, it sounds a bit too much like a 70's rock solo, I think something a little more thought out would have been great. The tones are fine but the feeling is different from the rest of the stuff. I like it man hope to hear more stuff from you.

Craig
#13July 11th, 2005 · 03:01 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
yeh, you hit the nail on the head there - it wasn't thought out at all - I knocked it out in a hurry as I was out of time. I did have something else loosely planned for the middle, but I thought better to finish it than leave it.

Thanks for the comments! I just posted another recording if you'd care to listen to it.
#14July 22nd, 2005 · 02:12 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
i like the sense of forboding from the drone in the beginning, combined with the hard panned cymbals - its effective, I see why you suggest headphones, I dug out my Sennheisers especially

I also like the guitar and the effects - I recently invested in a Boss GT-8 to add to my setup so I hope to experiment with that soon

Only minor gripe I had with the track was the quality of the drum sound - but it takes alot of practise to get electronic drums to sound good, I use FL Studio 5. This is pretty easy to improve alot at the mastering stage though - but of course it is best to have a good drum sound at the mixing stage.

The overall arrangement and instrumentation I think is really good, save for concerns about the middle bit that have already been discussed. However, I actually quite liked the middle bit just didnt necessarily fit with the rest of the song. I enjoyed listening to it - nice work!
#15July 29th, 2005 · 07:07 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Has an Interesting beginning. But it is rather empty to be true. Either add lyrics. Or try varying the drumming. Also the part where the distrtion guitar comes in the rythm changes rather abruptly. It however has a nice sound. Wish you would add vocals.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:15 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.