1 2
#16August 4th, 2005 · 04:54 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
21 posts
United States of America
hey man
I realy dig your stuff that you do.Its is pleasing to me ears to here you sing your songs man.Keep it up and power to the poepel.
#17August 5th, 2005 · 10:41 AM
re: Honesty
bamapicker wrote…
Good layout and flow. Good continuity. Could be a hit in the right hands. Pitch it somewhere and don't be discouraged. Keep going.

Oh so true! This is nowhere in the realm of what I would think to listen to style-wise, and it hit me! I love this! Do not give up the dream. Talent like yours should never be wasted.
#18August 6th, 2005 · 10:58 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Wow!
a really tiny nice song. keep on going like that!
#19August 11th, 2005 · 08:02 AM
4 posts
Canada
Hear and love that bluebeat ska in there, would like to hear some rhythmic "chuga-chuga" if you get what I mean, overall, for a beginner as you mentioned, you defiantly have the gift of a unique songwriter, keep up the good work
#20August 16th, 2005 · 05:55 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
paula abdul meets gwen stefani?

sounds good, keep it up!
#21August 21st, 2005 · 04:00 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
21 posts
France
Congratulations!
You've got such a great voice!
#22August 21st, 2005 · 06:28 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
76 posts
Indonesia
hi there sweetpie..=)
i do really love your voice! it's sounds like you're one of the sugarbabes girls...which means that you're good...
talented young lady...keep on singin girl! 
#23August 23rd, 2005 · 04:29 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
90 posts
United Kingdom
like it!
Its not my favourite of yours but I really like it
#24August 26th, 2005 · 11:02 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
this is completely random, 'Doll, but...

Turned 16 last friday

... !!!

you look older than 16     sry. i just had to say something.  i def thought you were like.. 18 or something, maybe 19.
#25September 14th, 2005 · 01:09 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Parental Support...
Great track - like your harmonies & the way the song develops. End up listening to your voice and not the backing. So what does that tell you ? You're good and you probably have a future in music.

Don't worry too much on the parents front. I remember I got no support whatsoever when I was starting out. "It's just a five minute wonder" etc etc. So 30+ years on & I'm still involved with music and my Mum still thinks it's a passing fad lol

On gear, you might check out the Behringer B1 as a budget studio mic. Try Turnkey for low prices - see http://www.turnkey.co.uk (although Digital Village are good too - ref. DaveUK above).

Now I'm older I can give advice (isn't that what your parents tell you ?). Any chance of you doing further education (given your age) in the music direction ? A full time music course gets you access to all sorts of contacts and the professional studio gear (to save you buying it all for yourself). If your career has been mapped out as a bank clerk (I was such a disappointment), then you're going to have to do some serious homework to convince your folks that the music business is enormous and varied. If you don't end up as the next XYZ, then there are loads of avenues which you can turn down (music >> production >> broadcasting >> video / film sound production >> etc. you name it).

However there is always the chance that you just may be the next XYZ.

Good Luck and never ever give up.

Andy
London UK
#26September 14th, 2005 · 10:07 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Andy, thanks for the advice and compliments...
It just so happens that I've started a performing musician course at college. I havn't got into it yet,and I think I ended up in the wrong band by making the mistake of saying I liked punk, Now I have a load of punk bands to research and I have to try make conversation with stoners who don't like me...haha oh well...My parents were really pleased that I got in, which I was really surprised about. My dad even mentioned buying me a new guitar...so I said 'Oh well I'll be needing a new mic too...and a better computer...' lol...yeh that was pushing it a bit...
Anyway, thanks for that, very encouraging 
#27January 6th, 2006 · 11:21 AM
3 posts
United States of America
Big Fan
your voice is very upbeat and fun. I love your music. The flow is perfect and always a mood lifter. You have so much talent and great lyrics. 
#28January 29th, 2006 · 07:58 PM
I do like your voice. its definately not the norm and thats good! it grabs attention, but not in a bad way.
Good Job.
#29January 3rd, 2007 · 09:55 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Spain
muy buena!
brava!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.