birds and bees blues

This song is not in a battle

another first take on a new song please let me know if it's worth working on it

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 26th, 2007 · 01:25 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I like this already...please do continue on this project Vincent...Just what do you want to continue to do ?
nice recording...vox is right up front where it should be...the guitar is smooth and it sounds good... love the chord progression
damn good lyrics..your vocals are right on ...Nice job on that also( would you mind posting them I like to follow them with the song )I'm going to add this one to my playlist..I like Blues music ...love it as a matter of fact..and yes...I LIKE YOUR SONG

Flyer

Will rate
#3September 26th, 2007 · 04:26 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes Yes Yes! Your a star Vince, what a lovely song, simply lovely! 
Love your words and you put them together so well, a real good story, and you sing so well too.
This is a kind of song people who know it will sing along to, I would have liked to have heard a few more "And maybe you like my song"s towards the end, because it is very 'singable to' !!
#4September 27th, 2007 · 06:39 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Thank you for the nice comments
As I said this was a first take and I agree with King the end is far too short
I will rework all that for the more final version as soon as I can get an afternoon off from my children and have proper recording time
#5September 27th, 2007 · 11:35 AM
#6September 27th, 2007 · 01:23 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I absolutely love this.  As I stated in the lyrics, the simplicity of this is what does it for me.  The chord progression is fantastic.  I don't have my guitar on me, so could you post the chord progression?

Edit: that was a piss poor critique.  Here's something more constructive:

The vocals are great, but they seem dull (in terms of tone) compared to the sparkling clarity of the guitar---I don't know if this is a recording issue or whatever, but that could probably be fixed via EQ.

I'd also like to hear maybe a tambourine, shaker or bongos---any similarly simple hand percussion instrument would work---to add some texture to the sound.

I agree about the end.

Fantastic work though,!
#7September 27th, 2007 · 01:43 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
No worries, I got it.  Ukulele did it.
#8September 28th, 2007 · 07:27 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
ukulele
Are you gonna put a ukulele on the track?
Excellent!
Can't wait to hear your version
your right about the sound on the voice it's pretty dull but as I said it was a one take job with no eq no mix just plug in and play!
I just put this version on to see how the feedback would be and I will upload a better version(hopefully) very soon with two guitar and more instruments(percussions and bass) probablyt hank for the constructives comments
#9September 28th, 2007 · 11:41 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
No, I wasn't going to put a ukulele on the track, I meant I used a uke to figure out the chord progression.  My uke died over the summer sitting in storage; terrible tragedy.

I'm looking forward to seeing a more rounded off version of this.
#10September 30th, 2007 · 09:16 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I hope you're gonna upload your version avi I'd love to hear it!
#11October 1st, 2007 · 09:01 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
MaP promised a video for that one!
Can't wait
#12October 1st, 2007 · 09:35 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Love this track.Great music writing skills and music thematic.Nothing really here to better except maybe a bit of mastering!

Awesome job!
M.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 11:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.