1 2
#16September 22nd, 2007 · 01:19 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MindsAtPlay wrote…
Very pretty!  Would've liked to have heard a bit more layering on the pad to give it some depth, it seemed to drone at points.  The production seems to be crystal clear.  Guitar playing is super clean!  Very nice! voted.

Very intersting point you made on the pads. When I initally wrote the song, I thought something simple would have done the job. It was done on the built in pads on my workstation.

Perhaps if I re-do the drums on my Alisis16r drum machine and actually learn how to programme it, a) it will give the song better dynamcis and b) it will build up the song better when it takes off after the 40 secs that others have metioned.

Cheers

Denis
#17September 22nd, 2007 · 02:20 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
People seem to misunderstand---there is no way you could just "drop"-in lyrics over this track---it would require significant re-working.  The guitar melody would have to become a secondary melody to provide either counterpoint or call-back style playing to the vocals.

I'm a guitarist at heart, and a rock 'n roll guitarist at that, so to me, lyrics are almost always just wasted time between solos, but then Jimi Hendrix showed us that you can still solo whenever the hell you want, right?
#18September 22nd, 2007 · 03:55 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
avinashv wrote…
People seem to misunderstand---there is no way you could just "drop"-in lyrics over this track---it would require significant re-working.  The guitar melody would have to become a secondary melody to provide either counterpoint or call-back style playing to the vocals.

I'm a guitarist at heart, and a rock 'n roll guitarist at that, so to me, lyrics are almost always just wasted time between solos, but then Jimi Hendrix showed us that you can still solo whenever the hell you want, right?

I try and keep it simple. I think for this song I would substitute the guitar melody with vocal melody. When I create melodies they are normally sung, I just simply sing, it works for me. APART FROM THE LYRICS

If there is enough space in the melody, sometimes I can create a second melody around it. I suppose that's how  great composers of this world create wonderful complex arrangements?

I'm still learning as we all are. I'm very patient, I won't ever give up, Not my nature, and anyway it keeps it all the more exciting. So Av, I'm on your side with this, just need to find the way, one day I will, maybe sooner than you think. That's the passion coming out in me.

One thing I thought of doing was to re-record 'Who do you support', it was one of the first vocal songs I put up on the amp and I think only the third song I've ever written lyrics to. If I'm happy with it and it get good reviews, it will give me a whole Heep's of inspiration to create more.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 4:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.