1 2

#1September 21st, 2007 · 05:04 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Soft & Gentle

This song is not in a battle

Various Bandamp menbers have encouraged me to do more vocal songs.

I don't know what it is, but my mind goes blank most of the time when I try to write some song words. I think it's psychological, I just need to either get drunk or something and just go for it. I keep asking for someone on bandamp to collaborate on the lyrics, but I guess everybody is either too busy or something else?

So yes this is another instrumental song that can easily have vox to it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 21st, 2007 · 05:07 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Soft & Gentle
u r one mean guitar player..........
this stands up without lyrics
cool

fish
#3September 21st, 2007 · 05:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Soft & Gentle
swordfish wrote…
u r one mean guitar player..........
this stands up without lyrics
cool

fish

Thanx fish
#4September 21st, 2007 · 09:59 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Captivating
I hung on every note!!  

there, speak volumes with few words.. 
to those that keep bitchen about when
someone puts up a short review..

blessings,

blueyes
#5September 21st, 2007 · 10:58 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
The lyrics are there, we just don't speak Guitar.
#6September 22nd, 2007 · 02:16 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I speak guitar bro, and I hear it loud and clear.  It's saying "sing bro, sing."

Here's a tip for writing lyrics: one of my favorite band's singer said that "When I have trouble writing lyrics, I just pull a Led Zeppelin and sing 'yeah' and 'baby'."  Works wonders for me.
#7September 22nd, 2007 · 06:17 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
avinashv wrote…
I speak guitar bro, and I hear it loud and clear.  It's saying "sing bro, sing."

Here's a tip for writing lyrics: one of my favorite band's singer said that "When I have trouble writing lyrics, I just pull a Led Zeppelin and sing 'yeah' and 'baby'."  Works wonders for me.

That's just it, if I'm going to do something, anything, It has to be done well or not at all, this is my psycological block to writting lyrics, puting any old words into a song to me is piontless, anyone can do this, writing songs is supposed to be an ART.

Denis
#8September 22nd, 2007 · 09:03 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
I'm not gonna lie; I didnt start properly enjoying this song untill about the 0:40 mark.  Something about the intro that didnt really click with me.  HOWEVER, and its a big however, after that I loved the feel of the song.  Suddenly transformed from waht I thought was going to be a simple 'backing' song into a beautiful chilled out accoustic piece. 
As far as writing lyrics go, I think a song like this doesnt lend itself to having any, predominantly because of the structure and lead guitar running throughout that 'replaces' the lyrics if you like.  And it do so very well in my opinion - I wouldnt want to add any to this piece myself.
Completley agree with what you're saying regarding lyrics being an art and needing meaning, and I have the same troubles as you.  Its an art, and something you have to learn like an instrument I can only guess.
Will rate,
Kobeshi
#9September 22nd, 2007 · 09:14 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I am one of those that feel this stands alone, without lyrics or vocals...in fact, to me, it seems there is no room for that on this piece. This piece seems intentioned not to have lyrics. To these ears, any additional elements would actually serve to "walk all over" the existing elements and thus compromise what you have here. I  listen to works very similar to this on the radio...(usually in the "smooth jazz" genre) and there is a definite place for this kind of music (provides a relaxing musical interlude). I admire your facility with creating interesting compositions (the tune proceeds across several definite "themes", all of which seem to "fit" well).
#10September 22nd, 2007 · 11:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Kobeshi wrote…
I'm not gonna lie; I didnt start properly enjoying this song untill about the 0:40 mark.  Something about the intro that didnt really click with me.  HOWEVER, and its a big however, after that I loved the feel of the song.  Suddenly transformed from waht I thought was going to be a simple 'backing' song into a beautiful chilled out accoustic piece. 
As far as writing lyrics go, I think a song like this doesnt lend itself to having any, predominantly because of the structure and lead guitar running throughout that 'replaces' the lyrics if you like.  And it do so very well in my opinion - I wouldnt want to add any to this piece myself.
Completley agree with what you're saying regarding lyrics being an art and needing meaning, and I have the same troubles as you.  Its an art, and something you have to learn like an instrument I can only guess.
Will rate,
Kobeshi

What is it about the intro that didn't appeal to you? I would be interested to know. Thanx for you comments on lyrics, I hope there are more people like us who think that lyrics is an art form, this will inspire lyricits to make more meaningful songs. I think that the last 3 decades have shown this, at least in popular music, but then again I'm no expert, the fact is if it appeals to people in general. After all our music is there to be enjoyed, which is my only goal, first the artist must enjoy or love what they are creating, without that music would not be the same and secondly for others to enjoy it. You can't please everybody, having a few  people that like your music, make it all the more enjoyable.

Denis
#11September 22nd, 2007 · 11:51 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Not sure what it was.  Thats in no way to say i didnt like it or its bad.  Just something in it, maybe the minor ending and the little stop start it does?  Couldnt put my finger on it to be honest haha.  Love the rest of the song though!!!!
And couldnt agree more with you ont he lyrics again.  Well said.
#12September 22nd, 2007 · 12:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
battlecat wrote…
I am one of those that feel this stands alone, without lyrics or vocals...in fact, to me, it seems there is no room for that on this piece. This piece seems intentioned not to have lyrics. To these ears, any additional elements would actually serve to "walk all over" the existing elements and thus compromise what you have here. I  listen to works very similar to this on the radio...(usually in the "smooth jazz" genre) and there is a definite place for this kind of music (provides a relaxing musical interlude). I admire your facility with creating interesting compositions (the tune proceeds across several definite "themes", all of which seem to "fit" well).

Intersting comment you have made. I hope there are others that feel the same. When I think about it, even as a child I was never into lyrics. The satisfaction I get from music, is the music. I'm sure there are those who are the opposite. It would be interesting to do a general cencus on this to find out what people find most appealing listening to music. If you look at classical music for instance, very little of it is sung, so my aim could be just that, to create music without any lyrics that people would prefer to listen. I have so much passion to improve right now, I've had more or less a 25 year break from writing music. I't's only in the last year that i've got back into it.
I'm enjoying it so much now, having the internet has opened so many channels for musicians, I think this a wonderful thing and just the beginning for the whole music industry to improve and open more channles for everone. Hopefully this will bring on more work for musicians that want to take up music as a profession without it being so difficult.

Bless

Denis
#13September 22nd, 2007 · 12:36 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This is another beautiful song you have here Denis...I know what Kobeshi is saying about the intro....But the song just took off after the first 40 sec or so...and I cant put my finger on it also..not that the intro is bad...its not....I agree with fish and Cat also..That this can stand alone...But I also see what Avi and oldies are saying  .. this can also fly with lyrics and vox...your a perfectionest Denis when it comes to writing...you want every lyric to have meaning...that's a good thing... Denis when I get some of the projects I'm working on done I would like to write something for this...Just seems like time isn't on my side  right now for it..
Great flow good work...nice recording here Denis..I always enjoy your music and the passion you put into it
Im going to download this to work on real soon I hope

Flyer

Will Rate
#14September 22nd, 2007 · 01:12 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Very pretty!  Would've liked to have heard a bit more layering on the pad to give it some depth, it seemed to drone at points.  The production seems to be crystal clear.  Guitar playing is super clean!  Very nice! voted.
#15September 22nd, 2007 · 01:13 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: ...
FLYER7747 wrote…
This is another beautiful song you have here Denis...I know what Kobeshi is saying about the intro....But the song just took off after the first 40 sec or so...and I cant put my finger on it also..not that the intro is bad...its not....I agree with fish and Cat also..That this can stand alone...But I also see what Avi and oldies are saying  .. this can also fly with lyrics and vox...your a perfectionest Denis when it comes to writing...you want every lyric to have meaning...that's a good thing... Denis when I get some of the projects I'm working on done I would like to write something for this...Just seems like time isn't on my side  right now for it..
Great flow good work...nice recording here Denis..I always enjoy your music and the passion you put into it
Im going to download this to work on real soon I hope

Flyer

Will Rate

Hey Flyer, I would love you to write some song words on any of my songs.
I'm going to re-record my song 'Who Do You Support', which is a vocal song. It was one of the first songs I uploaded on the amp. I actually wrote the lyrics for this. For some reason the lyrics on this song came easy.

I suppose it was intended for the song to take off after the 40 secs, it's a question of the build up to it I think,
so it's a good lesson for me and easily rectified.

Cheers

Denis
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 6:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.