1 2

#1September 9th, 2007 · 04:33 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Falling in Love With You

This song is not in a battle

I would love to have a real Sax playing in this. ARE THERE ANY SAX PLAYERS WANT TO COLLAB ON THIS?

I think the bass drum is a bit heavy for the music, trying find alternatives. Yep, Real drummer hard to find, but never the less would be real nice too

May add some strings.

Any comments would be great

Cheers

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 9th, 2007 · 05:48 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
wow...your music reminds me a lot of Nemo6(on the amp here)  music..this is really nice Denis..and very chilled and kicked back...I dont think the bass drum is to loud..I think it sets the song off...I like it...your guitar playing is really smooth here...overall nice work

Flyer

Will Rate
#3September 9th, 2007 · 09:01 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Denis
I play sax (and I am willing to collab)
I like this style of music;it reminds me off something I would be listening to on a nice relaxing cruise.
I think maybe some saxophone,a bit of trumpet.A bit of jazz vibe with a little spice.
But I think maybe strings would be bit to overbearing.
Other than that,love it.
rate
 Cheyenne
#4September 10th, 2007 · 12:08 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
tune
Nice. I like jazz quite a bit, and this is very cool, relaxing stuff. Good acoustic tone.

GK
#5September 10th, 2007 · 08:47 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
chilllleed
What a nice vibe.  Loving the whole feel of this song - chilled out yet somehow romantic at the same time.  Brings back some fond memories for sure.
Only minor criticism would be in the few instances when the instruments fade a little, the kick drum sounds like it has a little too much reverb on it.  I only noticed about twice throughout the entire song tho, so as I say, only a minor issue for me.  Other than that the mix is really good - nicely balanced!
Will rate and download!
kobeshi
#6September 10th, 2007 · 09:05 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: chilllleed
Kobeshi wrote…
What a nice vibe.  Loving the whole feel of this song - chilled out yet somehow romantic at the same time.  Brings back some fond memories for sure.
Only minor criticism would be in the few instances when the instruments fade a little, the kick drum sounds like it has a little too much reverb on it.  I only noticed about twice throughout the entire song tho, so as I say, only a minor issue for me.  Other than that the mix is really good - nicely balanced!
Will rate and download!
kobeshi

10 out of 10 for observations, I noticed the same things after uploading the track. The fading part is where I was unsure what I  was going to play next, so not enough practice before I recorded the lead. Although I intesionaly added the reverb to the drums to give more presence.

Thanx for you kind words

Denis
#7September 10th, 2007 · 12:26 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
what about some vocals?
I really like the mood of the track nice loudge music and I think a nice jazzy female vocal would add to the mood
I don't know if there's many female singer on the Amp but it might be worth a try
A very good song well done
#8September 10th, 2007 · 12:45 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
re: what about some vocals?
vincentL wrote…
I really like the mood of the track nice loudge music and I think a nice jazzy female vocal would add to the mood
I don't know if there's many female singer on the Amp but it might be worth a try
Although I'd always keep the original instrumental version, just to chill to, I gotta agree with you that that would sound really nice.
#9September 10th, 2007 · 02:32 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Good work.  You've got that Denis touch to this acoustic jazz track.  I again have to fault the drums for sounding too artificial, but I understand the pain of doing the best you can with a drum machine.  The bass drum isn't too heavy, in fact, I think it lacks presence.  The bass was tight and didn't steal focus away from the guitar.  Speaking of which, the guitar work here isn't your best---it's a bit messier than I usually hear from you.  Granted though,  the chord progression was nice and you really added some sparkle with the hammer-ons/pull-offs.

All your stuff seems to be just simple mellow jams.  I'd love for you to do a structured song with a full set of lyrics and a form and flow that is easier to follow.  It would be a major step forward in your song-writing and, in my opinion, a step that you need to take.  This track got a little repetitive towards the end, and I sort of dazed off in the middle of my second listening.
#10September 10th, 2007 · 02:48 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: what about some vocals?
vincentL wrote…

Not bad suggestion for female vox, need lyrics too. If any one interested let me know

Cheers Vincent

Denis
#11September 10th, 2007 · 03:15 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
avinashv wrote…
Good work.  You've got that Denis touch to this acoustic jazz track.  I again have to fault the drums for sounding too artificial, but I understand the pain of doing the best you can with a drum machine.  The bass drum isn't too heavy, in fact, I think it lacks presence.  The bass was tight and didn't steal focus away from the guitar.  Speaking of which, the guitar work here isn't your best---it's a bit messier than I usually hear from you.  Granted though,  the chord progression was nice and you really added some sparkle with the hammer-ons/pull-offs.

All your stuff seems to be just simple mellow jams.  I'd love for you to do a structured song with a full set of lyrics and a form and flow that is easier to follow.  It would be a major step forward in your song-writing and, in my opinion, a step that you need to take.  This track got a little repetitive towards the end, and I sort of dazed off in the middle of my second listening.

I haven't practiced as much as would have liked too, it's been a busy week with many other things to sort out.
I just wanted to get this song in a basic format really to build on. It's the progression that's really interesting for me, totally unique as far as I'm aware. Ideally this song needs to be preformed live, and the lead I think would sound better with sax & brass section or even an orchestral set up. But hey you will just have to put up with me for now.

As for lyrics, as you know this is not natural for me to create or at least it's the music creating side I enjoy. My friend Graham (who is a great lyricist in my opinion) was getting better from meningitis after being off work for a year, spoke to him this week and he's getting bad again. My heart goes out to him, so far nobody on the AMP has collaborated with me on Lyrics (with the exception of you that is Av). Maybe one day
The fact is I love what I do with my music, I get a great deal of satisfaction when I've created a new song and listen back to it, I'm improving all the time as we all do when we try. If people like what I do it's a bonus.
BandAMP is a great site, this for me is so much fun, I've made some great friends. Long may it continue.

Thanks Av for you comments, you put real effort with, Much respect for that.
#12September 10th, 2007 · 07:07 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very nice song with lots of potential.hope the collab works out!I'm curios for vocals too!Maybe VincentL can shoot some voice ,is definitely his style.
good job Denis!

Marino
#13September 11th, 2007 · 03:54 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
LOL! Did someone shout at you to stop? !!

I've little to add but that I agree with that man, Avi, over there (looks upwards) lol

Funny how, I also wanted to suggest you and Vincent get together, it's not that far! Take a weekend away to Edwardstone, it really is a wonderful place.......once you find it!  
But I really do think you two could make a very special sound together.
#14October 2nd, 2012 · 05:43 PM
30 threads / 30 songs
91 posts
Germany
Really nice guitar work.
The only suggestion i would give you is to input some electric guitar soloing.
Greetings from Croatia
Goran
#15October 3rd, 2012 · 12:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
gogo wrote…
Really nice guitar work.
The only suggestion i would give you is to input some electric guitar soloing.
Greetings from Croatia
Goran

I did think of adding a solo, but I wasn't confident, hence there are many key changes, I should have at least had a go...
Greetings from East London UK 
Edit** I just realised since I wrote this, I bought a Soprano Sax, added it to this track and even released it on one albums..
Edit** LOL I uploaded sax version here on the AMP http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/7293.html
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 4:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.