1 2

#1September 5th, 2007 · 12:32 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
[PRO] The Boy on The F...

This song is not in a battle

...ront Page.

Ok so this is the professionally produced version of the boy on the front page.

Tell me what you think.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 5th, 2007 · 12:47 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
Pro production.... I like this song ...it's just good...makes me want to hear more... very tight playing full tones on all the music...

The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the tone of the vox......I don't mean the vocalist tone but the eq or mic used seems to put the vox into a bit of a boxy midrangier  sound..(probably just my ears today)  I'm not sure what mic was used  but I think a mic with a little crispier highs would be better for this vox.. or the eq and or comp is boxing in the full tones .....I know sounds like I'm cutting it down ..I'm not it's very very good like it is ..I just think
to my ears it that the music is so well recorded that the vox could be better (just the production tonality).

just my humble opinion

great song
great production
gets super high vote.
#3September 5th, 2007 · 12:49 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Yeah, I used a USB Microphone to record it .

It's the best I had .
#4September 5th, 2007 · 01:36 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
you should use another scale my friend... some tones are tooo deep for you. sing 1 octave higher
nice idea... but I would prefer some female vocals
music is brilliant but dont give your job
#5September 5th, 2007 · 03:28 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
First off, i really like the music, its well composed, and good use of instruments.
 but... the panning doesnt agree with me, its fine for a while, but i'd like it to even out at some point. it just makes it unbalanced (to the left mostly).
 but thats easy to fix (if you want to, after all, its just my opinion)

I agree that your vocals should be sung higher or have a wee bit of reverb on them.

really good tune

Ian
#6September 5th, 2007 · 03:29 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
1 OCTAVE HIGHER!!!

I don't think I can sign that high

Thanks for the comments though guys !

So basically the songs good, but it's not really the right song for my vocals?
#7September 5th, 2007 · 03:41 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
huh?  I thought your vocals were fine.... the only thing I mentioned was the ( production quality of the vocals)
vocal performance was pretty good
#8September 5th, 2007 · 03:49 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
well, maybe the vox were fine,
 it just seemed to be quite low, and i coudnt hear any reverb... i just thought that might add some warmth (but dont add too much, although im certainly no expert at vox production, so im probably talking cow poo)

Ian
#9September 5th, 2007 · 03:51 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
I couldn't hear any reverb, but put your headphones in and turn it up - you will notice a difference .
#10September 5th, 2007 · 03:51 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
I couldn't hear any reverb, but put your headphones in and turn it up - you will notice a difference .
#11September 5th, 2007 · 04:00 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
no, lol. i meant u could add reverb to your vox as an effect to make them sound warmer.
 I have my headphones on, i think thats why i noticed the panning so much.

still like it after a 3rd listen (good sign)

Ian
#12September 5th, 2007 · 04:01 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Oh yeah lol.

Sorry I have blonde hair

But thanks for the compliment
#13September 5th, 2007 · 04:30 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Decent tune! Pro?  What do you mean by that?  That this was produced in a professional studio?  Just curious...  If so which one?   and how much does something like that cost?
#14September 6th, 2007 · 05:03 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
vox coud use some work indeed imo, maybe some more power could help(?) or raise it to a 5th instaed of an octave?
listened on speakers, i dont think i wanna 'hear' a reverb on the vox, although there should be one on it
i find the drums very dry, maybe those could use some reverb instead
love the hammond and overall instrumentation, very well played
#15September 7th, 2007 · 02:09 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
TK's comments were valid, I think if an octave higher is too high for you then you should at least look at transposing this whole tune a little higher as you don't seem comfortable with the lower register.

Arrangement is ok but yes the extreme panning is distracting; also with the saturated midrange of some of the instrument sounds and the poor vocal production I refuse to believe this was recorded professionally?

Other than that the arrangement is nice, but the MIDI/synth instruments sound like a cheap keyboard. It's a shame because I think you have a ncie composition here. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I just feel constructive comments will help you more than just agreeing it sounds professionally produced because unfortunately it doesnt!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:00 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.