#1July 26th, 2007 · 07:07 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
Music in My Head
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 7 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-09

Something different...  What was I on at the time?  I honestly don't remember.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 26th, 2007 · 08:48 PM
14 threads / 9 songs
90 posts
United States of America
I like this, it's really catchy and fun, and will probably be stuck in my head for the rest of the night =P
Nice music, I like the lyrics as well, and good vocals.
#3July 26th, 2007 · 08:52 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Ok, this is going to be stuck in my head now.
Reminds me of Madness/The Clash.
Mix and composition is good. (Hi hat could do with going up a bit).
Vocals are great.
The only thing that lack is the drums, bass and piano. But we all know why that is don't we! They're not real :p.
#4July 26th, 2007 · 11:59 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Really poppy and catchy, thinking of sunflowers.

Eh, chords aren't thick enough, sounds like simple triads

Drums a bit cheezy.

Vocals fit well. Chorus is very good.
#5July 27th, 2007 · 07:06 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Arrr..
Dis be a catchy tune matey...  Us pirates are always lookin fer catchy tunes..  Me hates the midi though, arrr...

Oh, wait, I'm not a pirate? ok, never mind then.... It's still a catchy tune..  And I still kinda like it, if it weren't for that cheesy midi.. but that is the only thing I don't like... so, that's not really the song, the song I like.. well, it is the song, but I mean you can do the song without the cheesy midi, and it's still this song.. well, ok, it's not THIS song, but it's the same song, well, not really the SAME song either, but, oh forget it, you know what I mean..

Jimk
#6July 27th, 2007 · 07:22 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
Any takers for re-recording this with real drums, piano and bass?  I don't have the time or inclination...
#7July 27th, 2007 · 08:22 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well
I real quick tossed some ideas on the mp3 you uploaded... Just some more realistic drums, and some harmonica..

Hope you like it..  http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5221.html

JimK
#8July 27th, 2007 · 11:30 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds like a pop version of a lullaby but in a cool way.Madness indeed!!!,Great chorus and cool harmonies on it For me the chorus makes the song the verse part sounds a bit empty or to square for my taste ,still a good job!.
#9July 27th, 2007 · 11:35 AM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Do you have notation for bass?
MIDI, man................
It's poppy, though.
#10July 27th, 2007 · 12:09 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
The whole thing was scored in Sibelius.  I used FL to play the backing tracks and n-Track Studio to do the vocals.  So yes, bass notation is available.  I'm sorry about the MIDI, but as I said, if anyone wants to do this with real instruments, I'd love to collaborate.  Timing is 100bpm, so if you play along with a metronome I should be able to slot it in to my existing recording.  PM me for the score.
#11July 27th, 2007 · 03:35 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I Really like the line just before and after the line 'Lifting my spirit',

It has a creative streek, sung from the heart, lighthearted and free.

Totally unique, well done me 'ol china.

Denis
#12July 28th, 2007 · 04:21 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
65 posts
Serbia and Montenegro
Oh, this is originaly your song, very good job man...
#13July 28th, 2007 · 09:06 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
Good songwriting man, you need to get it off the midi springboard and get it wrought organically, it
'll really fly then.  Excellent really, one of my favourite pieces of composition on Bandamp, despite the midi (which I personaly think is mostly duff).  Get some lads playin' this live, amped and wound up and it'll kick arse, especially if the bpm is upped a notch or two.  Well done.
#14September 9th, 2007 · 10:56 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice...this is a good recording...nice chord progression...I like the break around 1:30...the echo effect is nice....good vocals...love the piano
I dont mind the Midi so much...it all depends on the song...plus  what we have available to work with(of course live is where its at)...I think you did a great job on this

Flyer

will Rate
#15September 19th, 2007 · 11:43 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
i thinks it's real good... the vocals at 2:42 are great!!  the drums could sound good with fl if you worked em out a little better.. the piano may be midi too but you can record layers of it to fatten it up some...

i have heard some fl compositions on here that blew me away with the sounds!! 

i like this song a lot  the thing I really like is the vocals  the melody line and the harmonies with the heavy reverb thing  really stands out.. great job gets high vote
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 4:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.