This song is not in a battle

Vocal samples ripped from: The Bulgarian Women's Choir - Pilentze Pee

crank it up...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 12th, 2007 · 05:39 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
omg bpy, your back! i L:OVED it iits wonderfull, twords the end i was thinking "violin might be nice around here" and then you bust out with it! it was AWSOME! i loved this so much, my new fave track lol
#3June 12th, 2007 · 05:58 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Look!!!
just look at that score bro.. I really
like this one! Fekkin awesome job
all the way around!! everything sounds
almost flawless!! I mean to say, almost
perfect... damn good little number there!

blessings,

Blueyes
#4June 12th, 2007 · 06:56 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Lovely mellow groove to the track.  The funky guitar at 0:30 was mixed in a little strangely, but was a very nice touch.  The sampling is very, very impressive.

You've got some serious talent.

What can I say?  Good shit.
#5June 12th, 2007 · 07:16 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
45 posts
United Kingdom
I like it! The build up at about 1:23 is great. Good sampling work! Perfect song to have on at this time of night! Violin solo is really good!
#6June 12th, 2007 · 08:40 PM
3 threads
76 posts
United States of America
Love this! Makes me want to pull on my platforms, extend my eyeliner and go stroll downtown with friends:) Very groovy. I really like the percussion and the wawa (?) guitar. And where did that violin come from? Very cool mix of traditional classical and then more modern styles and sounds.  I had to listen a few times, really enjoyed it!

VK
#7June 12th, 2007 · 10:05 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
thanks folks

kinda makes me want to dig up my old "chant" record... maybe later.

VK: yep, wawa guitar, and the violin came straight out of my closet.

thanks everyone, for listening.

- Ben
#8June 12th, 2007 · 10:46 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
wow, very nice sampling and mixing. id kinda like to hear the choir sample a bit more consistantly tho, in parts it cuts in and out a bit too often. love the violin, original sound and very fun to listen to.

good job

Ian
#9June 12th, 2007 · 11:24 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Awesome awesome!!
Really outstanding
super arrangement!!!the violin solo is great dunno about the rec quality of it. but in the actual mix is excellent!
#10June 13th, 2007 · 12:39 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
wow man... this is great!  Reminded me to Nightmares on Wax at spots.  What did you use for the drum track? I love the vintage feel of the overall mix.  Very good use of samples, although sometimes they seem to be too loud, and dry.. but that's matter of taste.  There's something about how you mixed the violin solo... it doesn't fit very well with the background.  As for the rest, PRO song.  You should be making money from it by now 
#11June 13th, 2007 · 01:52 AM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
cool, funky. Great use of sounds.

Really cool drums. Is that a loop or did you play/synthesize it?

Liking it. Sounds like "urban" music. I'm imagining it in a travel documentary going around Chicago or something.
#12June 13th, 2007 · 02:19 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Cool. Spot on with the comments. I was already thinking about most of these things.

I figured the problems were so small that I could just let most of it slide without anyone noticing, but I guess I was wrong... Good ears guys

I've uploaded a revised version here: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5047.html

About the samples being too loud/choppy in places, in the first recording I made, they were much to soft during the chorus (1:25), so I raised the volume and then uploaded even though it still didn't sound quite right. It took me a few listens to realize that they were also too choppy.

About the violin, I kept messing with it but couldn't figure out what didn't fit. I think in the end, it just sounded too clean compared to everything else. So I applied a bandpass and a little reverb, and I think that helped a bit.

Check out the new one and let me know what you think.
#13June 13th, 2007 · 02:23 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Oh yea, the drums.

I actually probably spent most of my time on the drums. They are a combination of sampled hits, midi bongos, and live drums. I've got all these weird African drums that I've collected so I thought I'd put them to use. Oh, and for that vintage sound, the bandpass is a life saver.
#14June 13th, 2007 · 06:55 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
I was just asking about you the other day.
And this is one of the bloody reasons why ^_^.
I swear you picked boiled eggs out of a head with genres written on them and write a song with them all fused. O_O.

Funk, Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, Folk, etc.

To say the least you make me want to pick up a violin.
#15June 13th, 2007 · 09:21 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
So, dude, you did it again!
Man, you rock!
Shit, this is awesome. It's just a simple melody but with all the arrangements you turn it in a great song. Loved how you used the Bulgarian(...) during the song.
That 80's funky guitar is cool.
And, well, that violin solo! OMG! Just one thing: give it a bit of reverb of something to make it sound more "natural" cause now it's sounding a bit rough.
But man, this is great great great!
Excellent job.

> Iszil
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.