1 2
#16April 24th, 2007 · 05:15 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hey Iszil! Thanks...yeah I played the keyboards (organ and piano sounds), guitar and bass, but not the drums...that was a drum machine. Thanks for your feedback!
#17April 25th, 2007 · 07:14 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
yeah cat!

you deserve all of this kindly words

great playing!!

and sure, i'm leaving a high vote

Cheers!!

dodo
#18April 25th, 2007 · 07:29 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Wow! thanks, Dodo ! Good hearing from you and I really appreciate your kind comments!
#19September 20th, 2007 · 03:41 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
well, at this time i listened to this song for more then 10 times i guess, that slide guitar keeps finding my ears everytime you touch a string, and it never bores ! ! !
again a great played and produced piece my friend!

this slide guitar in the beginning promises me much ..., so soulfull played!
but to me the accompany and most important; the vox,  as perfect as they are made, it lacks some soul , guts and liveness as in your guitar part,  the hihat really bothers me from the start till the end :-)
i know your a pro and will not be hurt by these words, its just an honest opinion, and much i compared to your first song which impressed me a lot and showed me more of your vocal capacities., imo some more power in vox and drums and its 100% ace

also i think this song is made with tons of knowledge and lots of dedication!
i can see this song as an easy going tune spiced up with a wild guitar, or i hear a wild rockin guitar player with an easy band  
i prefer the first one 

for all i know:
Max

btw. did i mention i lóve that slide guitar? 
#20September 20th, 2007 · 05:15 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Tied My Shoes
This is great..............I comment just on the voice.................
the vocals are so clear.........so the story gets through!!!!!
every word clear as a bell ......... i love that
nice balance!!!!
Well done
the fish

ker splash
#21September 20th, 2007 · 06:39 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
wow! thanks Max and Swordfish! Max, you gave me some stuff to think about ( things I hadn't considered previously) Your feedback is important to me and I'm certain that it will help me improve. Now that I listen to it again, I see what you mean (about the accompaniment and the singing lacking soul...I agree...they do sound a bit pedestrian. The problems with the hi-hat were readily apparent to me....it's even a bit annoying). I'm a novice vocalist (I've ALWAYS wanted to sing with some soul...but that part just hasn't come yet. Maybe I should take up cigarette smoking and resume drinking hard liquor.....to get that "gravel" in my voice...joking of course). I probably shouldn't admit this, but I actually recorded this song in a few different keys. I had somewhat of a dilemma.....when I played in a key that was better for my voice to project more, the slide guitar was forced into a range that wasn't good....so I decided to support the guitar, because my singing wasn't THAT great even at it's best!  Anyway ,this gives me something to work on. Swordfish, I appreciate your feedback on the clarity of the voice. I was a little concerned that the voice may be too "out front". I'm glad to hear that is workable. Thanks again to the both of you.
#22September 20th, 2007 · 07:05 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
my shoes are tied
hmm this has been on the amp since April , I am going to have to start going to everyones home page and just going down the list.... What a great song... I am more with fish on this I like your vox  like it is... I think getting to rocky with it would be outta character with the music... this is just what it is supposed to be.. the mix is fine for me cause I can hear the vox and the slide guitar perfectly and they are the stars of this show!  the rest is just backing blues filler ..very well done filler but still  the vox and lead guitar shines on this song...

getting downloaded into playlist on computer and onto cd for the car...

top vote from me too
greg
#23September 20th, 2007 · 07:13 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
wow! thanks, Greg!!! Quite a compliment coming from you!!!
#24September 22nd, 2007 · 07:20 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
I know you have the soul and capabilities Battlecat, i just think they didnt come out as well as they could ,probably caused by recording it over and over. 
others seem to like the contrast in the song, so, its just my opinion, and i tried to make clear why i liked your other song better, because i hear that soul there.
just my honest thoughts, didnt want to to say 'all great' out of politeness

greetz
#25September 22nd, 2007 · 08:49 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
MaxdB wrote…
I know you have the soul and capabilities Battlecat, i just think they didnt come out as well as they could ,probably caused by recording it over and over. 
others seem to like the contrast in the song, so, its just my opinion, and i tried to make clear why i liked your other song better, because i hear that soul there.
just my honest thoughts, didnt want to to say 'all great' out of politeness

greetz

Completely understood, Max! I see both sides of it. Again, I value your observation and, in the long run, I want to implant as much "soul" into my work as I can (this is an important value for me, as I grew up with a passion for that. Even though I can  see places where I  need to improve along those lines, your observation serves to confirm mine. In other words, you're speaking my language....so make no mistake about it, I appreciate your honest and knowledgeable feedback!)
#26September 22nd, 2007 · 12:07 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Wow, this is an incredibly tight composition!  All the good things I could say have been said - so I'll just say 'ditto everyone else's compliments' haha.  As far as fixing things go, the only element I would look at is the hi-hat as puppetxeno I believe mentioned.  Just occasionaly adding an open hit on it or maybe a triplet/something along those lines.  Just have a play around, but of course not too much.
Great song!!!
#27November 27th, 2007 · 07:32 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Batulkat!!!

You never tells me yous gots the song up.

You make me sad

BUT then I got happy, because I love the hell out of this song!

You're prally unaware. But there is a guy named Tai Mi Shu (or something) who does funny chinese rap. Well, he does it in english, but with a chinese accent. And your refrain is walkign is easier once I tie my shoe" makes me laugh cuz I think of the song.

But then again, back to THIS song. Really southern... the second southern thing I've listen to in a row. The effects on the guitar really let it stand out while not being a real distraction. The piano, at times, annoyed me a little but ont he whole it kicked ass.

Like my grandpa always says, "You gots you a voice and yous gots to sing from the heart, and if that aint workin, singin' from the mouth works pretty damn good, too.!"
#28November 28th, 2007 · 08:08 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Dark:  I'm rollin' on the floor laughing....you got a way with words, bro! (some real food for thought there!) Thanks for the review!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.