1 2

#1April 22nd, 2007 · 05:55 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Tied My Shoes

This song is not in a battle

Okay, this is my second song. It has allot of glitches, too (I'm still working on it...I'm just tired of messin' with it now...so I thought I would take a break and stick it up here...see what happens...)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 22nd, 2007 · 06:22 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Alright this is way out there amazing.yep some mixing issues but my friend what a sound.I think your on the wrong line of work.Your slide guitar playing is amazing and I love the axe sound.Are you plaing the piano and drums too.great composition
Super high marks
#3April 22nd, 2007 · 06:30 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Yeah, Thanks, Marino, I'm afraid the poor mix is a product of fatigue (I'm ashamed to tell you how long I've worked on this...there are actually four other versions...different keys, vocals, instruments, etc) It's probably gonna be a long slow process before I get the hang of this. Yes, that's me "faking it" on piano, organ, etc...but not drums...those are my little SR16 (like yours). By the way...what would you do to the mix? (I would appreciate your  view on this)
#4April 22nd, 2007 · 09:26 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sitting listening, puzzling what you might mean about your mix???
This sound excellent! I did think the honky-tonk organ could come up a little and then it did!!! 
So I rate tops!
#5April 22nd, 2007 · 09:33 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
battlecat wrote…
Yeah, Thanks, Marino, I'm afraid the poor mix is a product of fatigue (I'm ashamed to tell you how long I've worked on this...there are actually four other versions...different keys, vocals, instruments, etc) It's probably gonna be a long slow process before I get the hang of this. Yes, that's me "faking it" on piano, organ, etc...but not drums...those are my little SR16 (like yours). By the way...what would you do to the mix? (I would appreciate your  view on this)
Hmm re listen with my headphones I think I'm wrong about the mix as Kings has pointed out.I do believe this is really well done in all levels.Wont use my PC speaker anymore they cheat out the sound.I wish I could give you higher marks but I ran out of stars
#6April 23rd, 2007 · 12:39 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
WOW
Dang man....

This is cool......

Really diggin this..... So much happening, and it's awesome...  It's all really tight....

Great tone outta that slide...

Sigh......

JimK
#7April 23rd, 2007 · 06:25 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Thanks, guys.
#8April 23rd, 2007 · 11:16 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
dude,
I don't know exactly why but your sound is extremely refreshing. Maybe it's the brightness of the mix (not hearing any disturbing anomalies in there really) or maybe it's your general approach at this whole blues thing (not just music - you know what I mean) - or maybe this is just Very Good Music! Good to hear the ol' SR16 doing it's job - I'd have put a bit more dynamic to the hi hat but it's doing it's job. Agreed with the others your guitar tone and slide job is ACE! The piano sound is a bit cheesy, but still fits into the rest of the arrangement, and your vocals ... . . dude, you're really a very good vocalist. *sings praise!*

#9April 23rd, 2007 · 12:18 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
re: dude,
PuppetXeno wrote…
I don't know exactly why but your sound is extremely refreshing. Maybe it's the brightness of the mix (not hearing any disturbing anomalies in there really) or maybe it's your general approach at this whole blues thing (not just music - you know what I mean) - or maybe this is just Very Good Music! Good to hear the ol' SR16 doing it's job - I'd have put a bit more dynamic to the hi hat but it's doing it's job. Agreed with the others your guitar tone and slide job is ACE! The piano sound is a bit cheesy, but still fits into the rest of the arrangement, and your vocals ... . . dude, you're really a very good vocalist. *sings praise!*

8)

Wow! Thanks for the feedback, Pup. I was curious what you might think of this. I see what you mean about the hit-hat...maybe I'll add some variety there...The cheesiness of the piano sound could be a result of my incompetent manipulation of the eq/compression there (I was almost rolling dice to judge the settings) and thanks for the kind words about the rest....(I'm beaming!)
#10April 23rd, 2007 · 01:31 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
16 posts
United Kingdom
Sherlyde
Great use of a bottleneck, chin, chin! I'd reduce the high hat count if I got sweaty paws upon a remix. [|:0)
#11April 23rd, 2007 · 08:14 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
got the goods with this mate .

Terrific slide tone .

Vox right on the money.

You know b.c  you got a sort of James Taylor vibe vocal sound on this one ,i really like it.

Production very crisp .
great song .

#12April 23rd, 2007 · 08:41 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
wow! thanks, blackhatz ! and I hear ya loud and clear, Hat, thanks!
#13April 24th, 2007 · 01:50 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
THIS I LIKE!!!!!!

drums bit synthetic but the all in all character and performance of this song are awesome
guitar work, wow!
piano, organ fits 100%
vocal recording and mix great. hats off
#14April 24th, 2007 · 03:33 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Wow, TK! I was also interested in knowing what you thought of this...thanks! (I'll work on the drums)
#15April 24th, 2007 · 04:32 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Dude, this sound cool!
The mixing, as PX say, is pretty fresh, and it's OK for me.
Nice slides, also. The piano is great man.
Did you play the keyboard and drums, or just sequencer?

> Iszil
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 2:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.