1 2 3
#31February 24th, 2009 · 07:48 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
MrEden wrote…
This is just tremendous. A really committed performance and, to my ears, beautifully mixed. I think the tone of the guitar really works in the context of the track and the bass is well-balanced in my headphones.

I notice that you seem to have the guitar more or less dead center with the vocals panned around it. This does tend to give the instruments a slightly mono flavour. Just a suggestion but how about the old chestnut of double tracking the guitar and panning the tracks left and right to give it a wider feel? Then you could bring the vocals, particularly the harmony more towards the center. Just an idea.

Anyway, well done for a real pro job.

Carl

The vocals were added to the mp3 file later.  I was just looking for a spot where they weren't walking on the music to much.

We were in the process of redoing this track we had it just about finished ... then the infamous Marino crash of 2009 happened, and alas all was lost in the mayham and destruction. 

I do believe he is laying down new tracks now.

Hopefully there should be a new track up in awhile.
#32February 25th, 2009 · 08:17 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
For sure....
#33February 26th, 2009 · 01:45 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
This is SICK Goat!
#34March 10th, 2009 · 06:57 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
toastedgoat wrote…
MrEden wrote…
This is just tremendous. A really committed performance and, to my ears, beautifully mixed. I think the tone of the guitar really works in the context of the track and the bass is well-balanced in my headphones.

I notice that you seem to have the guitar more or less dead center with the vocals panned around it. This does tend to give the instruments a slightly mono flavour. Just a suggestion but how about the old chestnut of double tracking the guitar and panning the tracks left and right to give it a wider feel? Then you could bring the vocals, particularly the harmony more towards the center. Just an idea.

Anyway, well done for a real pro job.

Carl

The vocals were added to the mp3 file later.  I was just looking for a spot where they weren't walking on the music to much.

We were in the process of redoing this track we had it just about finished ... then the infamous Marino crash of 2009 happened, and alas all was lost in the mayham and destruction. 

I do believe he is laying down new tracks now.

Hopefully there should be a new track up in awhile.
Goat I'm starting the drum track this coming weekend..So will be at it soon ..Hope Pc doesn't die on me again..Ill burn it to hell if it does!
lol
#35September 3rd, 2011 · 09:07 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hope all is well Goat...One day we should really talk about doing this again...Miss you my friend!
#36September 4th, 2011 · 07:10 AM
4 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
Philippines
If this was on iTunes I would totally buy it!

MAKE MORE!!!!!!
#37September 4th, 2011 · 12:23 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
15 posts
India
WOW!! what a badass song, really blown away by the vocals..
#38September 27th, 2011 · 11:34 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
man Marino ,my friend, I am still up for another go at this track.  I have better studio skills now. and better gear to work with.  We could kill on this song now. hmm I sound kind of egotistical just then.  I have been doing lots of vocals lately.  Finished up building a studio just outside of town, in a large farmhouse converted to recording studio. Upgraded consoles and preamps. 
  Better knowledge, better recording software and plug in bundles. Better mic's

Tweaked out, separate recording rooms. and a quality vocal booth.  If you would like to redo this one .. I'm game
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 10:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.