This is GREAT!    
#17April 18th, 2007 · 04:16 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Hellhounds v3 improved?(Marino/TG)
dont think i heard original '''''''''
this is awesome !!!!!!!
Ive read the comments so far ....... i think world loves this......
The tecky stuff is a bit boring .... and you give reasons to just get the song down!!!!!!

Fishtastic
vote VHOT
#18April 21st, 2007 · 10:51 AM
1 threads
42 posts
Mexico
yea baby rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow.........wow        rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great vox!!!!!!!!
#19June 1st, 2007 · 06:50 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
The vocals are great.  The guitar that's going on during the verses and the chorus has a tone and overdrive that I find a little distasteful, but the song is pretty rocking.

Some fantastic harmonies.  Lyrics are pretty interesting too.

The solo seems to be trying to mimic some Zeppelin songs, and almost makes it.  Unfortunately, the distortion and over-the-top wah pulls it back.  It also starts off a little all over the place.

I love the bass-line and groove of the song.
#20September 28th, 2008 · 11:21 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yo yo..You did such a great job on this track man..I always show this to friends...I'm very proud of this collab man..Love the kicking vox!
#21September 28th, 2008 · 05:24 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Thanks ,  I would like to redo this one one day.  I think I am better at recording than when I did this one.
#22September 29th, 2008 · 09:42 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
wow, i havent been around sometime and i did miss some great things and this is one of them!

love the vox, like the drums, bass sounds a bit boomy?(or is it my system?)
must say i find the guitar sound a bit muffled for this song, could be more 'alive' for me (is it Marino? maybe its just contrasting to the drums...)

still a nice piece, hi vote!
#23September 29th, 2008 · 08:49 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
MaxdB wrote…
wow, i havent been around sometime and i did miss some great things and this is one of them!

love the vox, like the drums, bass sounds a bit boomy?(or is it my system?)
must say i find the guitar sound a bit muffled for this song, could be more 'alive' for me (is it Marino? maybe its just contrasting to the drums...)

still a nice piece, hi vote!

Yes the mix and sound recording was a bit iffy,this was done some time ago with a set of different tools including an Sr 16 drum machine which Puppet Xeno gracefully taught me how to program.Yes goat and me have been discussing updating this track to a more to date sounding production.The music was done by me and Goat surprised me with some vocals a few days later!!!
#24September 30th, 2008 · 02:47 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
HEY!!!
This a huge dose of metal straight to your head!
This made me want to collab with both of you, guitar aces. Gimme some piece and I'd love to rock beside you, guys... Well, of course if you want to.
But this, mates, is totally powerful!

> Iszil
#25September 30th, 2008 · 10:31 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Goat...do you know a guy by the name of Jeff Cook?  your voice sounds REALLY familiar.  really unique actually.  and your style sounds like someone I might know...
just wonderin.
I like the song by the way...although I would bring that wah down lower in the intro, it's a little overbearing for my ears.
Peace
Drew
#26September 30th, 2008 · 08:09 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Jeff Cook,  I don't think so.  Where is he from , what part of the country?  I used to be down in the Dallas Ft.Worth TX. area.  Now I am living in Kansas City MO.  Thanks for the compliments. I think we are gonna redo this one day.
#27February 21st, 2009 · 03:06 AM
1 posts
Mexico
Please, no ball slapping here
The intro was wicked!  Had me hooked from the gate!  Love the bass and the lead vocal, the harmony was really good but not always loud enough.   I do see a resemblance to Chains (RIP Layne).  I got a little lost in the instrumental part, but when the vocals started up again you brought it all back together perfectly.  I think you did a great job on the production.  And I would have loved to see you "jumpin' out the window with nothin' but my underpants on!"  (Boxers or Briefs?)   ; )

Frantic1
#28February 23rd, 2009 · 01:14 PM
7 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United States of America
this is really awesome.... props dude!!
#29February 23rd, 2009 · 08:31 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hey TG/Marino..stopped in for another listen...sounds better all the time....hope to do more work with you soon...got some things going on in the head...might hit a winner..lol...later

Flyer
#30February 24th, 2009 · 03:21 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
This is just tremendous. A really committed performance and, to my ears, beautifully mixed. I think the tone of the guitar really works in the context of the track and the bass is well-balanced in my headphones.

I notice that you seem to have the guitar more or less dead center with the vocals panned around it. This does tend to give the instruments a slightly mono flavour. Just a suggestion but how about the old chestnut of double tracking the guitar and panning the tracks left and right to give it a wider feel? Then you could bring the vocals, paeticularly the harmony more towards the center. Just an idea.

Anyway, well done for a real pro job.

Carl
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.