1 2 3

#16April 21st, 2007 · 02:55 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I think
It all boils down to this...  The majority here don't really care one way or another about the battle. It's more of just listen talk and enjoy...  I was always a pro battle candidate, and still am.. I see the usefulness of it as a rating system, and a kind of kudos accolade... A bragging right of sorts, as well as a personal "raise the bar" statistical analysis..  But looking at the statistics, 1,456 views, 5 votes. 465 views 8 votes.. This is the reality... Voting isn't working..and number of views wont mean much.. So, we are kind of stuck..  Downloads are so difficult for many, that there isn't that much downloading going on... believe me, not everyone downloads every song the really like..

So, there isn't really an answer to this. The only answer is for people to vote, and nothing the programmers can do will make it work. Although making it mandatory to log in to listen would help some, because so much of the music is being listened to while the person is lurking, but I am one of those lurkers, so it would hinder me in my ability to do that.. But I will sacrifice that for the benefit of the members.. As much as I enjoy that anonymity.. It would be nice to get some competitive edge back to the site.. 
Reason number of views wont work http://browse.bandamp.com/archive.html?order_by=views&order=DESC

This shows the songs in descending order, from most viewed to least..  Look at the dates...  Most people here check out every song, at least fora few seconds... even if they don't listen all the way.. also, if you post a song right before the weekend, or the site goes down right after posting, your song most likely wont get much attention, and will slip away unnoticed.... It's odd, but true....

JimK
#17May 4th, 2007 · 08:26 AM
13 threads / 13 songs
84 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Hahahaha...you are crazy man! Respect....very nice...it's wierd, but somehow I like it...full sound, many interesting sounds, in the begining when, song starts, that train is a bit 2 loud for me....and when actualy song started, your beat is so similar to train sound, so I like it...singing...I don't know what to say really about that, not my stile, but it's not of the key or anything like that so, it's ok...fun song...Many interesting elements...

Spoony
#18May 7th, 2007 · 08:42 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
Not my usual cup of tea but extra points for

clarity of vision
variety in the sound
dedication

I liked it, man, well done
#19May 20th, 2007 · 03:53 AM
26 threads / 26 songs
96 posts
Russia
Super
Such contrast can be envied.
#20June 1st, 2007 · 01:59 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
forgot
to change rating systems
#21June 4th, 2007 · 07:13 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Im still very suprised that this one didnt take the gold on the May battle!! (see my rant for further details)  This is totally brilliant!  An epic journey to be sure! Fish, "The Wolves Of Chicago" needs to be released by itself, mate! But you know how I feel.  This is an Awesome piece. Destined to go down in the annals of Amp history! Cheers Mate!
#22June 28th, 2007 · 01:53 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Crossin the states
well its in the hall of fame!!!!!!!
who says 'contests dont matter' ..............doh ME!!!!!

BUT I AM STILL so VERY Happy

'maybe I should review my personality hahaha'

all I need now is it in the house mix to make my year!!!!

Ker Mega Splash swim to the bottom and bak....do a backflip then fade into the sunset           

the swordfish
#23October 9th, 2007 · 06:40 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
31 posts
United Kingdom
Very well chosen sounds, a variety of styles well implemented! you get a real sense of a journey and each individual stop along the way this is exactly what it says in the title. top marks =)
#24October 23rd, 2007 · 05:37 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Wow
Wow is all i can say
#25January 24th, 2008 · 11:44 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
lol, dude, this is random, and original. very interesting listening, theres soo many different movements in it, all with different emotional themes. Well done

Ian
#26January 24th, 2008 · 11:47 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
just listened to this composition.. it had me on the edge of the seat..lol.. its awesome!!! gosh!! wow!!
#27March 24th, 2008 · 04:03 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
thank you so much Pagans ....................

i missed your comment...........first time around...........

I'm currently working on how to do this whole track live...............

headbanger!!!!!!

but will get there..............

swordfish  
#28April 6th, 2008 · 02:49 AM
22 posts
United States of America
In a word...Interesting. Very bouncy and descriptive. I could have been there. I like the chanting =]

-EGGY
#29February 24th, 2009 · 06:11 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
get published
PODCASTS:
Please go to the iTunes Store to Submit a Podcast

AUDIOBOOKS:
If you are an audiobook publisher or producer and you would like to offer audiobook content on iTunes, email us at audiobooks@apple.com

You've got a lovely speaking voice ....kik Steven Fry off his perch mate.
#30February 24th, 2009 · 06:11 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
woah...whats that "are you sitting comfortably? good...then ill begin."
WHATS THAT FROM!?!? IVE HEARD THAT BEFORE SOMEWHERE....AAGAHAGHAG!!!!!

anyways...lol
total epic intro!!!!!

I really like how it totally transitions to all the instruments youve got goin on here.
12 minute and 50 second slice of awesome transitions, and an awesome story
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.