1 2
#16March 30th, 2007 · 01:22 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
There already is a chorus.

And why can't a song just be simple.  The only changes this needs is a bit of reverb for depth, the balance fixed and probably a re-recording of the guitar track to remove the mistakes.

If I were playing it live, I'd add a slide guitar solo.  Piano, bass and percussion are overkill.  Not everything needs to sound like Bon Jovi.
#17April 1st, 2007 · 06:48 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The recording of this one is pretty good really - is it still that $15.00 mic?
Great vocal delivery - Flyer was spot on.
Guitar playing is passionate if not complex - but I don't think it needs to be for this song.
I'm with aviniashv on this one about there being no real need to add other instrumentation - the simplicity allows the feeling to come through the vocals.
So, perhaps a slightly more proficient guitarist and add a little (but very subtle) acoustic lead in there (not a solo I don't think for me) and you have another great song.
#18April 3rd, 2007 · 12:11 AM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
I thought I replied to this, I guess I didn't haha--well, this was not with the $15 dollar mic, the other song was, this one had a slightly better mic--Thanks for the feedback though, I still need to figure out what I'm doing with the re-recording--I'm excited about some new songs I've written--one of them is actually rock--it'll be intense :P
#19April 6th, 2007 · 12:46 PM
11 threads / 5 songs
56 posts
United States of America
Are we allowed to bump topics? If not, I am sorry--I just wanted some more feedback--and maybe some ideas for change?
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.