1 2

#1May 30th, 2005 · 01:00 AM
5 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
Dark Bm guitar piece

This song is not in a battle

Rate it for how the music is, how well you think the composition is written.
Rate it for the tonality of the whole thing, but don't rate it poorly because you don't like the style or you think a guitar solo shouldn't go on that long, rate it for what it is, so i can accurately guage how good you actually think the music is, for what it is.

This was done with a line6 guitarport, standard strat, lots or reverb, and sony acid recording studio program.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 30th, 2005 · 04:26 AM
5 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
ps: i know that the lead track is woefully underpowered, i cant do anything about it now,
#3May 30th, 2005 · 05:42 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
I really like the tone that you are getting through the line6 plus like that sort of rhythm line. You really should put somesort of feel change in there as it becomes a little tedious. I know you're aware of it so definately fix up the levels. I wanna hear some of that solo action.

Keep jammin.
#4May 30th, 2005 · 12:59 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
23 posts
United Kingdom
I like the way the bass line moves it along, nice!!! Real shame the lead guitar is hidden from us.
#5May 30th, 2005 · 08:32 PM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
Cool choice of chords. Definately a different tuning from a440. I like that. Agreeing with blackdog, I'd like to hear some of the leads. The Line6 has a great tone. I use it live (the POD). Very cool.
#6May 31st, 2005 · 05:03 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
29 posts
United States of America
definitely turn up the lead on the next recording and you got it.
#7June 1st, 2005 · 09:03 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
I love Bm (favorite key, don't ask why). This is some good stuff, I just get the feeling at times that isn't going anywhere. That might have to with having the lead at so low a level and no vocals.
#8June 4th, 2005 · 07:17 AM
18 threads / 15 songs
147 posts
Italy
quote:" rate it for what it is ", I always try to do that however I liked this one a lot. Maybe, as someone else wrote, the lead is a bit too low. Very pleasant. Bravo, as they say in Texas
#9June 14th, 2005 · 01:38 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
AaronKraft47 wrote…
I just get the feeling at times that isn't going anywhere. That might have to with having the lead at so low a level and no vocals.
  I agree with AaronKraft, but at least you didn't draw the thing so long you start to get sick of it.  My friends and I used to do that all the time when we were jamming.
#10August 13th, 2005 · 12:25 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Canada
Very moody.. Too bad the lead guitar is so badly heard.
#11August 14th, 2005 · 06:01 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
this is a good start to a song but it lacks hook and variety. It sounds at places that your very major rhythm is at odds with the lead.
#12August 24th, 2005 · 12:05 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United Kingdom
i liked the picked guitar line . i think you could have bruoght out the solo
#13September 1st, 2005 · 12:21 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
14 posts
United States of America
DARK BM
MADE ME FEEL LIKE A RAINY DAY.  I THINK YOU NEED TO PLAY IT UNTIL YOU ARE NO LONGER THINKING ABOUT PLAYING IT.  THE MIND GETS IN THE WAY ALOT.  NEED TO TRUST YOUR SPIRIT WITH THIS ONE...
#14September 1st, 2005 · 04:42 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Nice rhythm line and tone. Horrible lead tone and definition.

I agree that it sounds like you are thinking about it a bit too much in places...sounds a little mechanical at times, I'd like to hear your pure expression shine through (as I'm sure it can) for this kind of chilled song.

The best bit of the song in my opinion starts at 1m6s, I liked that in particular.

Nice composition that flows well, I'd love to hear it recorded with the rhythm double-tracked hard panned to either side and a softly-smooth lead sat nicely in the middle to cut through that mix.

I look forward to hearing more
#15September 1st, 2005 · 05:53 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
11 posts
United States of America
really really love it. sounds awesome. however i would really love to see some vocals added. that can really add power to a good song.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 7:27 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.