1 2

#1January 15th, 2007 · 07:31 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Vocal-01-If I was you

This song is not in a battle

I wanted to record something, so I did, put it through EQ, compressor and guitar-rig

Any questions?

If I was you

If I was you I’d turn around and walk away
Do now what the wise man say
Even though, I know
She is everything that makes this day

If I was you I’d give it up and let it go
Go find your self the one you used to know
Even though, I know
It is easily as impossible as she

If I was you I’d run and hide
Listen to that voice inside
But as you know, there’s nowhere to go
When ‘it is here’
Is all her eyes ever cried

If I was you I’d just let them lie, and let it be
I hear them still say to me
But all along, it is this song that drives me on
As it is only here, that she can’t get me wrong

If I was you, I’d do all that I could, I’d do what I should,
I’d reach for the skies
Light up the stars, in their eyes
And take you home
Through the illusions and the lies
And take you home
Where love cries
If I was you,

If I was you.

Thanks for listening , and reading.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 15th, 2007 · 08:09 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Interesting song. If I was you, I would think about adding instruments to the song, I think that it would compliment your voice nicely  . Well sung, however, it sounds slightly incomplete to me.

mesmerizing echo effect  .

Cheers and well done!

WB
#3January 16th, 2007 · 03:43 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I know! I know! I know! WB if I follow your posts on this site I can say that I've been there. That is, having material but not able to record it or just having no music. So having recorded this and got it this far is a step forwards for me.

I was PM'd by MaxB, who has already used samples of this I believe, I haven't heard it as yet.
The fact that he's done this brings back an idea I had a while back....

If anybody wants vocal samples for dance/beat/house tracks, just ask, I'd love to do this kind of stuff.
Whether you have your own 'words' or 'message' or you need fresh ideas.
By 'vocal samples' I mean short, 'one liners' that can go echoing into your piece or some 'radio' voice, or any other idea you may have in mind. I can produce it for you or just give you a 'clean' sample.

I already do 'voice over' productions and 'session singing' is a line I want to do a lot more in!
#4January 16th, 2007 · 06:29 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
funny....
sitting in the hotel at an internet terminal w/o speakers . OMG.
Cant hear anything....
All the best
#5January 16th, 2007 · 06:35 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I could probably use some vocal samples in my FL stuff. Maybe in some later material that I produce, I'd like to figure out how to get an echo effect through FL.

Maybe soon enough I'll be doing my own recordings soon enough, that'll be my next step 

Just listening to some of your other stuff at the moment, you have a nice voice (I'm always sliding out of tune without knowing it).

Cheers again

WB
#6January 16th, 2007 · 03:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TritonKeyboarder what are you on about!
funny? why's it funny?

Are you using my thread to tell the world your sad and lonely in a hotel room and cant hear anything???
That's OK!

Shall I describe it for you? Well.........

Cant you plug in a set headphones in terminal internets?

Thank for letting us know how you are any way!
But dont forget to come back and tell me what you do think of it when you can hear it.

Hey WB I stand in my kitchen cooking and sing to the bulb fields through the window, it's not quite the same as singing to the mountains and valleys of Wales, one gets a better response from the mountains!
But as for singing, I've been practicing that very thing recently, holding a note, I don't actually sing words just lash away with some Laa Laa Da Diiiii DAAAA's, from the stomach of course and then just hold one when you feel like it, for as long as you can AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Know what I mean?
My problem has been that I 'vibrato' when I hold words and don't think about it, so I practice to take control.
#7January 16th, 2007 · 04:56 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: If I was you wot a chance 2 develop q song
SO EXCITING
Bless you ........kings
I even i hear the backing going on in my head
A great way to get anyone going..................better than postin the lyrics without a tune in lyrics

i love yor lyrics/words as u know

who will join u on this journey?

perhaps I................ gonna check it out for tuning then get bak 2 u

the heavy reverb sounds a bit like like Jethro Tull

Hope u get loads of responses......its really different ................ so i love of course
no vote as i see this as an idea broadcast to others 2 develop
true to band amp

take this and develop

#8January 16th, 2007 · 05:19 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Ha! I have to repeat my self! lol

" swordfish

YES!

That would be really excellent! "

And Yes I know you know I know!

Jethro Tull! cool! it's all Guitar-rig 2, what an amazing effects instrument!

This is collaboration the easy way I sing, you do what ever the hell you like with it! I'm pretty sure I'll like what you do with it! I did the last time and that was all your own work.

I hope that anybody reading this thinking that they have an idea which is 'like this' but 'slightly different' just PM me or leave a comment/message, and you'll see what I can do! 
#9January 18th, 2007 · 02:48 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Hey...Kings I was thinking 
How about adding a percussion/drums, something, to have a better picture of the structure you've got in mind.
The song is great deserves a suitable accompaniment
#10January 18th, 2007 · 05:03 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes Geo I have been told to sing tapping my foot to keep some kind of time to what I do, I did to the first takes of this one but this track is just sung with my own soul as rhythm! But it is what I should do I know, it would make it easier for others to use it!
I'm a poet not a musician, give me words, I'll just sing them, give me music I'll complete it and I'll make it a song!

MaxB mixed this roughly into his own Wah-Wah song, just for me to get the idea he had in mind, I have recorded a few new vocal tracks, I just need to edit and mix it now. 

My two main projects are this one and Red_Bus, and I now know that Red_Bus is going to turn out better than I thought after getting into the effects on this one!
#11January 18th, 2007 · 05:59 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Good Stuff, Kings!  I could definately use some vocals for my projects...  Its usually the one thing missing from my tracks as I dont have a mic yet or a decent interface to capture.   Im gonna have to think out some lines for ya if you really dont mind.  If you have any other obscure material it would be great for you to record it for sampling purposes.  Maybe a few poems in a row or something like that....
#12January 18th, 2007 · 06:15 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
'obscure', obscure is my second name from the right! matey!

You want words?
If you like mine then I'd point you to my 'lyrics' page, but I cant because the site doesn't have one, but you can check out somewhere between my threads and the lyrics review page.
If your feeling adventurous you could also spend some time at my poetry page at kingsonone.com, this link goes straight to the page.

Thank very much for the comment and yes if you know what kind of thing you want sung I'll do it for you, it would be fun. I don't do women and children, I have to squeak too much, but I can do some animal sounds!
#13January 18th, 2007 · 06:20 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Excellent!  Ill check out both!  Meanwhile when are u going to review my new version?
#14January 18th, 2007 · 06:26 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I just have you impatient person!!
I was the first one there
#15January 18th, 2007 · 06:30 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
LOL! sorry.....Good to hear...(no pun intended)
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 2:49 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.