#1July 31st, 2012 · 02:55 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
1 posts
United States of America
The Ocean Of Stars
Hi everybody! /drnick

I was referred here by my good friend who goes by the alias Undercover Apple.

I'd like to share a track from my upcoming album and see what you all think!

http://soundcloud.com/helix-eternal/the-ocean-of-stars/s-WbKgb

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 31st, 2012 · 03:24 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Hey, welcome. Most guys here don't usually like links... You'll get much more feedback if you upload the mp3 to the site instead. and this post might be moved...
That being said, I think there might still be a problem with uploading some mp3s to the site because of an issue with id3 tags. If you're having this issue then you need to save the mp3 in a certain program like aimp2. It's explained much better by TK here http://forum.bandamp.com/Questions/39384.html

I have listened to your song tho... It's definitely got some good elements in it. I like some of the synth sounds and the filters you've used in the build up pre 2 min mark. It's very... long... I know it's the style of music. I can imagine this being played in a club and folks raving to it... but as you can probably guess, I'm not much of a raver... and outside of the club environment, it gets a bit monotonous. It just feels very loopy at times. I'd change it up a bit more, and try and convey a bit more 'emotion' through your music. I guess it comes down to the type of audience you wanna reach with your music tho. I'm sure some people will love this...

Ian
#3July 31st, 2012 · 03:26 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
1 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the info, didn't know about uploading to the site until after I'd posted. My apologies! Soundcloud seems to be the standard these days.  I'm surprised there isn't a way to embed a Soundcloud link straight into the post, honestly.
#4July 31st, 2012 · 03:35 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
yeah, bandamp is maybe a little old fashioned... lol. but you won't find a better or more supportive musical community. I think alot of people here would like to make it better or more accessible but I'm pretty sure the site is owned and run by the members for the members... down side, lack of funding/resources and time to make improvements... plus side no spam or adverts and less traffic also means less annoying people
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.