This song is not in a battle

A(nother) musical experiment. Enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 22nd, 2006 · 05:15 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
So nice! So fresh!!!
How did you do the rhyth pattern? It seems you must have used your laps, stomach or buttocks... Anyway, it sounds great - the guitar is spotless. What I could suggest is a more .... hmmm.... iwas thinking about the construction, but no.... it's ok.
Secondly, how did you do these wonderful strings? FL?
Voting high. That solo is WOW! Superb.
Thanks
#3December 22nd, 2006 · 06:54 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Free
This is another great song by you. The mix is very good.  the guitars are perfect.  the whole song is well written and thought out. gets high vote from me. The solo is indeed outstanding. very tasty.
#4December 22nd, 2006 · 12:13 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Thanks.

JBP - Percussion was a combination of clapping and "mouth noises" (is there a word for that?). If I could produce rhythms like that with my buttocks, I would be a much more versatile musician. Anyway, I was sick of playing with the digital drums, so I figured I try someting on my own.

Thanks for listening
#5December 22nd, 2006 · 12:40 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
hmmmm...so much to write about here...where to start? This piece is so rich that I find I hear something different every time I listen. Impressive blend of the "edgy" (unorthodox rhythm sounds..which work well by the way..) with the sublime (the strings,the traditional drums, the flute sounds and the guitar work). I agree with JBP and Toastedgoat about the guitar lead work. I wasn't aware you were such an accomplished lead guitarist! The guitar lead is tasteful, interesting....it doesn't overpower the song, and it flows well....seems effortless for you! Your recent use of African and /or Caribbean rhythms seems to be a departure for you, and it seems to work really well (creates an exotic interest). This piece is simply packed with appealing elements ("catchy" melodies and rhythms, interesting and evocative lyrics).
#6December 22nd, 2006 · 01:46 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Canada
Adda Boy...

Thanx.
#7December 22nd, 2006 · 07:23 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
haha you made the dums useing a beat box? YOUR beat box? that is awsome! did you simpley do a layout or did you loop it after a few seconds? this is wonderful. and i have already answered your questions... mouth noises are called "beat boxing" when a person makes rythems useiong it, they usally cup their hands around their mouth to make it louder, and move their hands for diffrent effects when makeing the noises. erm alot of the time you mostly see it in rap music or on the streets when people are jokeing around. you did a pritty good job man, its hard to do. well done

erm lyrics please?
paper doll
#8December 23rd, 2006 · 01:17 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
United States of America
Cool and Smooth
Now this is something you can bounce ya head to and think about the good times. I like the verse and the flute like sounds, tho all the sounds sound good. This is some nice radio work. And the only thing I think is missing is more verses and this would be a killer track all in all nice work.
#9December 23rd, 2006 · 10:30 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
a great successful experment. congratulations.
guess its mouthdrums in a loop? I ever wanted do such experiments but didnt find the time. now that youve done it.... :-)
cool jazz chords and an awesome solo. perfect! This songs has all it needs ecxept a bit more voices

professional. GO AHEAD!
#10December 23rd, 2006 · 07:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Amazing, your a musical master, you pick up on so many different styles, as I've heard you do with instruments in other songs, but you not only manage to preserve your self and the song, you also excel once your there.

A! you've just done in again, this time you've managed to be modern day 'Celtic', 1:43 to 2:05, I could be back home in Wales listening to the latest Grwp Cymraeg on tour. 
But as usual off you take it again into taka terrain!

Obviously this needs more vocals to really hit home, but that's been said.

But the 'body beat', absolutely love it, keep on experimenting please!
#11January 1st, 2007 · 10:38 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
this has a nice ambient feel to it.. i love your experiements they are fun to listen to and are always amazing :P
#12January 3rd, 2007 · 07:15 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
Norway
ill like your stile!! very relaxing song!! its gives me a feeling;-)yes!!
#13January 3rd, 2007 · 07:57 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Free
very very nice..........

love it at 1:50 ish

thanx tak

lovely string sounds how done?

fish

u go v steely dan ish great
i vote 90+
#14January 3rd, 2007 · 10:36 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
F***ing amazing!
This is great!
And that solo is awesome! Love it!
Dude, you did it again.
And those synths!... Oh my god, I love them!

> Iszil
#15January 3rd, 2007 · 11:07 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Chile
oooooooo
great solo man!!

you are very good, the strings... everything sounds great!!

good job

check out my band's songs too
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:33 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.