341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Vocal-03-Save my soul

This song is not in a battle

Only Vocals

It's a load of old Rock and Roll

Well bugger my barnacles!

This is what I've been wanting to upload for Sooooo long, and had LOADS of hassles with it. (cite=Tech Support)

Now that it's up please have a listen, I'm looking for MUSIC which there seams to be an abundance of on bandAmp.

As you can here it has a 'tune'/'melody' within it.
Any Ideas?
There is more of the lyric, and this is but the first stage, so it can go in many, many directions.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 6th, 2006 · 10:59 AM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Cool. Is this you singing? Coming from a guy who cannot sing at all. This is pretty fucking amazing.

"Save my" never sounds as clean or as musitisitical as the rest of it, except in the first save my. It might be because those are some of the only notes you're not bending (adding vibrato to.) Except at 1:10 and 1:05 where you have "midnights chime" and "Nick of time." "Say something and give it away" sounds fine, too at 1:43 and 2:02...

Maybe they're out of scale. Or you're holding them to long. Emphesising them or something. It is killing me. If you hit the notes shorter, maybe it would sound better.
#3December 12th, 2006 · 01:00 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
25 posts
United States of America
Kings- Save my Soul
This is very cool.  I'd like to hear some special effects in the background, like the various sounds of a train station, (or something like that).  or maybe a circus-style beatlesque thing swirling in and out...i don't know.  maybe i could lay some freakie drums down on a cubase track for you ?!?!?

carry on.
#4December 12th, 2006 · 05:02 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
kwalgate : right!

Thanks for the review!

These are but lyrics, one of many.
In that I start at the beginning and sing till the end. This is not a finished structure or set lyrics, I do actually have  some more to go with it.
There's no effects over these lyrics their just recorded to be clear.

If you have some 'freaky' drum track that you could hear this too, or that you hear as a drum track for a song that could carry these lyrics and my vocal, PLEASE let me know.

The whole idea of this was to throw a lyric and a voice into this group of mainly musicians to get some musical feedback.
I don't really play any instruments well enough to be satisfied making songs for my lyrics, but I can sing them all!

So kwalgate your on!
#5December 13th, 2006 · 07:12 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
Wow!
Sometimes I thought James Hetfield (Metallica) was sitting right next to me!

You give me the creeps 

Good work!!! 
#6December 13th, 2006 · 08:04 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cheers Kine, that's a real good compliment.

But I'm sorry I give you the 'creeps', but I suppose a voice can do thing like that!
#7December 13th, 2006 · 10:32 AM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
I'm going to have a go sticking a song behind this, if I may
#8January 3rd, 2007 · 12:31 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Spain
oh yeah
cool
#9January 3rd, 2007 · 02:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Punchbear wrote…
I'm going to have a go sticking a song behind this, if I may

Sorry hadn't seen your post !!!!!????

Yes you most definitely may! swordfish already has taken some of my words and put them to music. So yes, love it even better if you asked me to sing it!   (sword did his own version)(and that reminds me I have to get back to him on that one!)

50porcierto - mucho gracias 
#10January 3rd, 2007 · 03:01 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Your voice has a really nice baritone quality. Reminds me abit of Eric Burden (of the "Animals").
#11January 3rd, 2007 · 06:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cheers battlecat, though I obviously know of the Animals (HOTRS) I'm not too familiar with them in general. Thanks any way!

I just realized that I haven't reacted to the most positive reaction in this thread, the first one by Dark.
Dark, thank you very much for the comment you've clearly listened well to it!
Maybe 'This is pretty fucking amazing' is your true reaction, but it's not that fucking amazing!

Any way how do you manage to get away with 'fucking' amazing? 'They' put stars through mine! 

'Bending', that's what it's called, my singing instructor warned me about it (in Dutch) and I tend to like holding my notes.
**Note to self - Will have to take more control!**

I had read your post before just hadn't reacted, because I did some vocal recording after this one and I ended up going back to record some bits again, because I had your comment in my head!
#12January 3rd, 2007 · 11:47 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
Norway
Great voice man....!!  yes..really great! im trying to lay a guitar on your voice riff!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.