1 2

#1November 5th, 2006 · 09:25 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
In a Sleepless Hour live

This song is not in a battle

Heya!

I haven't been posting much lately, mainly because I've been working hard on my live set - I had this gig coming up, my debut with this solo project (well, more of a tryout actually -...) and, this debut was last night (4th of November, 2006 - Full Moon night )

Anyway, it went really well! Didn't take me long to get comfortable, and I'm very confident about the continuation of this project right now.

So - this is me, doing my stuff on stage. All guitars played live by me, using a Boss RC-50 to let stuff loop. Switching between patterns / (un)muting parts on the Korg EMX groove machine was done live too, I'm not using pre-programmed song sequences. Naturally I did program the drums and synth sounds myself, not using preset patterns.

I hope you enjoy... if you wish you can compare this to the first rehearsal of this song, see how this finally turned out! I'm pretty happy about it myself.

Uh, ofcourse, the signal to the little minidisc recorder was so loud, it distorted the inputs a little, but hey, that's Rock n Roll!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 5th, 2006 · 02:32 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
well... the recording quality is not the best and that's keeping me away from a really nice experience while listening to this song.  I quite like the "live feel" though, it seems you did a strong "energetic" gig. 
I love the voice and how the song builds from a dubitative intro to the screams later on.  The ending is great too.

Congrats for a nice show!

Edit: I'm tempted to vote really high but it's the recording quality you know... so I'm gonna wait for a studio version. 
#3November 5th, 2006 · 06:14 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
man, I am impressed!    'live performing one man bandamp' should be the next thing

i listened on some cheap PC speakers, but the song came through quite well

really enjoyed it, hate to say i forgot about the gig

i'll try for the next one, i promise!

(kleine zaal in het Paard in Den Haag?)
#4November 5th, 2006 · 06:33 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
I cant wait to see you do this live Puppet.I want to experience the whole journey.

PS. Is Reznor an influence?
#5November 6th, 2006 · 01:55 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
thanks!

hmm, I guess NIN is somewhat of an influence, though it took me long before I realized that - didn't start collecting their work until way after I wrote this song. Then again, this here is a very recent arrangement.. so.. yeah!
#6November 6th, 2006 · 07:11 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
If I said B52's meet HawkWind (and take loads of acid)?

I really like this a lot.

I could say It's not my style but truly one can only marvel at your intrinsic unique style.

Id love to know when and where your doing this again,

Would it be "(kleine zaal in het Paard in Den Haag?)" by any chance?
#7November 6th, 2006 · 09:49 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I'm picturing you doing this at my house, on the deck...the lake behind you...the coyotes howling in the woods...luvin it 
#8November 6th, 2006 · 09:50 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
MaxdB wrote…
(kleine zaal in het Paard in Den Haag?) ;)

"small room in the HORSE in the Hague?"  ...darned babelfish.....

Anyway, Pup, this is great. Fidelity (do they stil use that term?) sounds almost as good as your studio stuff. Also sounds like you had a pretty tight set. Bravo!
#9November 6th, 2006 · 02:39 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
Great man!!

I really enjoy listening this song, I was thinking in the description of the gig... how was the reactions, the faces, your playing, etc...

I don't even care about the record quality I'm thinking in all the feelings you had at that moment.

I just can say, Great pup!! congratulations for you, and I hope finnally you can cross the border betwen the attic and the world...

as spoon said, i wish i could be at canada next year and see you doing this  'live'

"five stars for a one full moon"

Cheers Pupp

Dodo
#10November 7th, 2006 · 11:16 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
pic from the gig:

I'm actually doing the set closer Does it Feel? here, but hey, it's from the same gig!
#11November 7th, 2006 · 04:10 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: In a Sleepless Hour live
this is live  i love it the song progresses well can more people post live stuff ,,,,,,,puppet is a star for posting this
#12November 7th, 2006 · 04:15 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Holy *** I want a lab coat now so I can be as cool as PX!
Where did the top and bottom of your guitar go? 
#13February 9th, 2007 · 01:23 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Genius! All I can say
#14February 9th, 2007 · 01:24 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ZachBlume wrote…
Holy *** I want a lab coat now so I can be as cool as PX!
Where did the top and bottom of your guitar go?  :o

I dunno, who needs a body anyways? (or a head for that matter )
#15February 11th, 2007 · 05:33 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
China
ZachBlume wrote…
Where did the top and bottom of your guitar go?
Why did you have to do that? I was also thinking "Ye! Your a star dude!" and then you go and make me see it totally different! 
PX that thing is stupidly small! How can you possibly be the Axe Godhead of the Church of Gnostzenisizme with that weeny stick of a thing? 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 11:32 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.