#1October 29th, 2006 · 06:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Synth/Samples - The one

This song is not in a battle

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE OTHER VERSION OF THIS SONG, SAME SONG, BUT MUCH BETTER QUALITY: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3629.html
*********AND PLEASE PUT YOUR COMMENTS ON THE OTHER SONG, NOT HERE!!!*********

Hi
This one is inspired by that amazing trilogy 'the Matrix'.
I listened to the loop for weeks (not all the time) before ironing it out into this short song.
Yr Un is The One
This was the last song I made, it's about 2 years old, I've been into web-design for that time, web space is now up and running and I've already got my head looping for hours in Cubase.

All my song, lyrics and poetry can be found at www.kingsonone.com,
If someone likes my work I'd like to post some more here on a regular bases.
Well? you like?

*****I've posted the 'Better Quality' version of this song, at: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3629.html*****
**I'm not deleting this upload because I just dont want to lose the comments that were left.**

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 29th, 2006 · 06:24 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hmm....
well.... The intro is waaaaaay too long.... Techno eh...  I do some of that myself...  it's fun....do any other style btw?  as for this song...

The rest is different.... not real original....  two years ago, matrix stuff was everywhere... now it's kind of done like 91....    the beat is ok, but it gets very boring...   The repetitive nature of this piece makes it hard to handle sometimes....  Understand, I think it is ok... but not great....  it gets to be too much....  I think more variety in the overall body of the song, and cut that intro down to about 1/3 the length...  THe whole song is too long, by about 1 minute....   so, add some spice, and cut the length and it will be alot better...

JimK  BTW, welcome to the amp...
#3October 29th, 2006 · 06:36 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Very impressed.

Good balance. Kicking bass...

The only thing I don't like is how it all sounds kind of mono. Also, it sounds low quality, like it's compressed too much.. or put through a hi-pass filter or something. Not quite sure.

Anyway, cool tune. And I'm also a fan of the Matrix...
#4October 29th, 2006 · 08:28 PM
12 threads / 6 songs
36 posts
United States of America
Ur Yn
I agree with Jim on this one. The intro is too long and recording quality could be tweaked. 
If you use some paning and change it up in places it may serve its use.
I like how you used the recorded samples from the movie.
That was a great trilogy wasn't it?  - Mark from GRUNTLED
#5October 30th, 2006 · 06:37 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Thanks
Ok 24 hours later and I have good reactions, thanks for listening.
If I do post some more of my stuff here I would appreciate the technical/production/mixing comments and tips very much.

'Again' Jim I'm sorry, If I do post some tunes here you'r going to hate it, because I know my beats go on a bit, I told you I can be full-on, I have a few 7 minutes long, Boom Boom Boom around the room, if you bare with me you'll realize that the songs I upload are my own development into PC Music, beats and all, some are looooong and some are fuuull-oooon.

I have more Matrix samples and intend composing another piece, I like the idea of 'some things change, some things stay the same'

Question: In what way was the sound quality low?
Point: The MP3's I upload are compressed in WaveLab, cant remember to what though, I just wanted them smaller to not take up too much web space.

takaminerbb13, is that the compression you hear or is it further?
#6October 30th, 2006 · 09:31 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: Thanks
kings wrote…
'Again' Jim I'm sorry, If I do post some tunes here you'r going to hate it, because I know my beats go on a bit, I told you I can be full-on, I have a few 7 minutes long, Boom Boom Boom around the room, if you bare with me you'll realize that the songs I upload are my own development into PC Music, beats and all, some are looooong and some are fuuull-oooon.

Hey, no that's cool....  I am into some looong stuff check this out Robotic Dub Remix take 1
kings wrote…
I have more Matrix samples and intend composing another piece, I like the idea of 'some things change, some things stay the same'

Question: In what way was the sound quality low?
Point: The MP3's I upload are compressed in WaveLab, cant remember to what though, I just wanted them smaller to not take up too much web space.

The quality issues are mostly I believe just sample quality...  it sounds like low quality mp3's and wav's were used as samples then it was converted to a low quality mp3... then perhaps more added to it, then converted again... this causes a loss of certain frequencies, and and additional noise element....  It is not that it's real bad..  but definitely not real good quality...  interesting...  perhaps this was a very early release of FL that had only low quality mp3 encoding?  I dunno...I also noticed a little bit of clipping here and there, perhaps you have the gain set too high on certain samples...   anyway,  that is the quality issues...

Overall this is pretty cool, like I said.. just not WOW, you know what I mean.... this site is kind of getting overrun with techno, myself to blame as well... Here is some stuff that I have worked on in collaborations, with Aetheris : http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2153.html and http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3282.html   so,  I like Techno, it's cool... And I like Long sometimes... it's cool.... and I like the Matrix, but just I dunno... it didn't wow me... it is pretty cool though...  I have checked your site, and seen some stuff there... that is totally different....  anyway,
    This is waaaay too long of a post now...  hahaha.... later gator....

JimK
#7October 31st, 2006 · 01:38 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yeah techno can be cool, I enjoyed the trilogy even though it got more and more implausible as it progressed - so "matrix" samples are more like cartoons to me - something invoking laughter and associations with MTV pop culture.

yeah, the intro is so long, I think - would you play this live on a festival gig or so (in the DJ booth), I'd start with this one to get everybody warmed up. There's a continuous "promise" for more, but there's no real building up or -out into something bigger, it just goes on, repetitively, until it reaches the end. This could be okay, but unfortunately there's the quality issue - sounds like poor encoding, or low quality samples used. It makes it harder to listen to, but I can hear the track wasn't "randomly" put together, I think you felt you were on to something, it's just that it never opens up to "what" exactly.

In the end it's a "cool" track (see guide to rating songs), but long not "warm" yet. Would like to hear more of your work though, I can hear you've been creative, so, that's what I have to say about it.

Cheers,
PX
#8October 31st, 2006 · 01:38 AM
10 threads / 9 songs
35 posts
United States of America
ick.. I got board with it right away....  and I hate the last two matrix movies. It sounds like from the early 90's; while that was my favorite time in music... it reminds me of all those god awful dance/techno songs. But if you like making crazy sampled techno things, by all means. Not my thang.
#9November 2nd, 2006 · 09:58 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
India
well .............i'm speech less
thts gr8 i think,

i don't knw how u did it but it was impressive
#10November 13th, 2006 · 10:47 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
the mix seemed to be good on my speakers...its very creative...How do you think of this stuff ?...lol....nice work

Flyer
#11November 13th, 2006 · 11:18 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Flyer, I didn't realize that thought had anything to do with it!!!

Thanks all so much for the comments.

As this was the first song I posted on BandAmp, I posted a compressed version, having seen the reactions and knowing better now.....

I'VE POSTED THIS SONG AGAIN AS 'THE ONE',
THE NON-COMPRESSED/ORIGINAL QUALITY VERSION

The new version can be found at: http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3629.html

I hope you dont mind.
#12November 17th, 2006 · 04:29 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Listened to this and, while it's not my favorite style by a long shot, I still think it's a pretty well produced track.
The construction is very good - ok, it's a little on the long side perhaps, but then it's a dance/trance type track so 5 and a half minutes is no problem.
I'm gonna go listen to the other version of this now, as I'm interested to listen to your idea of an "improved" track.
#13November 18th, 2006 · 01:28 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
I agree 'bout the intro a bit long, but has a nice "pink floyd" flavour. I don't listen much techno music so I cannot reall judge the second part
jack
#14December 22nd, 2006 · 02:12 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
re: Thanks
kings wrote…

Heh, bit of a late response I guess, but yes, it's probably the compression I'm hearing. I've also noticed that songs are compressed a bit further after upload, some more than others depending on size. So that's probably it...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 3:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.