#1November 13th, 2006 · 11:34 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The One

This song is not in a battle

This is 'Yr Un', the first song I posted, but this is the UN-COMPRESSED version.
A 'Matrix' inspired composition of samples and synths.

There were comments that the first song was 'Mono' and 'low quality sound',
I hadn't realized at the time that normal MP3s could be uploaded, the first version was the 1,298KB version, this is the 10,379KB version.

So if you didn't like it the last time, don't listen.
If you did, Do!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 13th, 2006 · 12:05 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
alrighty - this IS much better!

I guess this qualifies as "fan fiction", definately invoking those green numbers scrolling vertically at different speeds leaving motion blur on a dark background.

this should be an excellent track to have played loud in an underground lounge room with internet consoles, to enjoy exotic drinks in a cybernetic environment while disco lights and smoke machines hazily lighten the spaced out girls on the dance floor.

wow, that sounds like quite a party!
#3November 13th, 2006 · 12:21 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
HOly Crapper!
Stopped home at lunch, and found this.....

This is much soooo better......  It even is more enjoyable... because I can really hear some stuff I just wasn't getting good through the poor quality of the other version..... 

The intro is still a bit too long, but in a club setting you can get by with that... 

This is soooo much better, I can't even begin to describe how pleased I am with this version...

Soooo much more interesting....   sweet....  

JimK
#4November 13th, 2006 · 02:07 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Thanks Guys
PX, I quote "this should be an excellent track to have played".....????!!!

I'm actually looking forward to those kind of party's to be honest with you.  

JimK, I know I 'prop a lot' in a piece, so there's quite a few things going on, but I do try and make some sense of all those sounds, Soooooo Yes, it should be heard properly.

Thank you both for listen and I'm really glad you enjoyed it (and said so).
#5November 13th, 2006 · 02:24 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
crap, you got me there

that was me experiencing a flashback indeed
#6December 4th, 2006 · 04:35 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
It doesn't really start until 1 min in, and even furter starting until 1:40 or so.

I like the beat a bit. The repetition and lack of activity in the begining irks my sense of entertaining. I really like when it picks up at 2:20 or so. It makes me want to dance about the library and scream odd phrases.

I must admit, I am not that big of a technofan but you would catch me with a smile on my face for this. I definately like how it begins with the phone ringing. Classic and in character for such a specifically themed song.

Again, it pickes up around 4 and this continues for a while (until 5:10, I think). After that long introduction I was expectign a more dramatic fade.

And don't make fun of my name, please.
#7December 4th, 2006 · 05:17 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK
#8December 5th, 2006 · 01:06 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I'm not a big fan of electro music, but somehow this piece got me hooked.
It's really cool, I haven't heard the previous version and I won't to not let it spoil the impression I got from this one.
Those jets of sound crossing the pan are really good.
Overall a fantastic kick of electronic music!
#9May 17th, 2007 · 08:57 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I watched the Matrix tonight with my son and had to think of this!
The Matrix has got so many wonderful lines just waiting to be sampled into 'the matrix'!
Even though I haven't effected the samples as well as I could have I'm still happy with the out come though the beginning does sound a little long now indeed, could be a little more exciting!
What do you think? 
#10May 18th, 2007 · 01:39 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I know you're out there.....
I agree! The Matrix is one of the most sample able movies ever!  have you ever heard "The Red Pill" by Scratch D and H-Bomb?  It is totally over the wall! You would love it!  This is awesome, Kings!  Its a great down tempo track.... what I would call a set opener...  actually I think "The Red Pill" would mix perfectly out of this!  Anyway...just when I think Ive got your style you come with up with this funky stuff!  You are all over the place, and I think it takes a special type of artist to be so varied! Kudos, my brotha! Hi ratings!  
#11May 18th, 2007 · 09:20 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A! Good it worked! 
Cheers Minds, what I wanted!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 11:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.