#1October 2nd, 2006 · 05:29 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
52 posts
Germany
Xtinction
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 11 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-10

Screaming arabic-scaled Breakbeat-EBM acid.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 2nd, 2006 · 01:27 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
I have a question - What is the nature of your musicianship, Eftos?

What are you implying by this kind of music and such loads of noise in it. What is the philosophy?

I am honestly holding my breath to hear the answer.

JBP
#3October 2nd, 2006 · 01:47 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I remember well the kick of hazed goth clubs with pounding beats and razor sharp synth arps, distorted, growling vocals and upspeed rhythm hacking... to pass into a state of uncomplicated transluscence within a sphere of shrouded shadows (aka the dance floor)

I very much enjoy those typical mos-6581-type synth leads in here. sounds like a cut-up of Commando actually hahahahahahhaha
#4October 2nd, 2006 · 06:08 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Reminds me of....
A lot of Movies actually set in Amerstdam, and Germany...  The guys walk into the nightclub,(Undercover Agents for some orginization not affiliated with any government, but working for the highest bidder) This kind of music is playing loud and lights flashing, Half nake(Or sometimes completely naked) women dance in glass boxes, and metal spheres hanging throughout the club....  The deal goes down, the cover is blown, it's a set-up! Guns blazing, people scatter, music still loud, and energetic, the bullets fly in slow motion, grazing our hero's arm...  Back to real time... Through the kitchen, out the back door, into the awaiting Ferrari driven by the secretly double agent dark haired beauty, who is helping our hero, only to steal the information for herself....

Ok, anyway, that said....  I actually like this one, Although, It still isn't my cup of tea, I can only enjoy it from the standpoint I have illustrated, But there is some really awesome stuff buried beneath the noise, if one chooses to truly hear it....   

As for JBP's Question, I believe we all can safely say that this is a style that not everyone can identify with... and kind of falls along with Many other genres, Country, Rap, Death metal...  It is something that some will find incredible, and others will find incredibly useless...   I can only hope that in the spirit of Bandamp, we can find room for all of it.... so long as it doesn't break the main rules....  Vulgarity, and degredation.. as long as it isn't negative against a group of people, or race, and isn't full of vulgar filth, I say, go for it! 
    Rock on!
       JimK
#5October 2nd, 2006 · 06:54 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Well jim i believe you nailed the scenario right on the head because i thought of exactly the same setting lol this a cool song, definately a pumping club song like Jimk says...
#6October 4th, 2006 · 10:45 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
wow....it is one of those songs i'd expect from a scary dark club i'll never go to!

but it is definitely definitely a great rockin dance song to get lost into!

yeaah like it!

#7October 7th, 2006 · 07:28 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I was a little disappointed with this at first - only because at the end there was no blood oozing out of my ears, as I'm sure there has been when I've listened to other music by you!

But then that's a good thing - right!

Either I'm getting more receptive to your musical style, or you're starting to construct your music in a way that leans towards the traditional, because I quite enjoyed this track.

You kept me interested with the variations in sound around a central theme
The mix was good
And at the end, it just raised my heart-rate a fraction because of the energy you've created here.

It's good stuff - in a film score way, much like Jim K has said.

#8October 14th, 2006 · 12:27 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
NICE!!

I've always liked your leadas, but this one has a nice strong rhythmic base that makes it "more audible" than somo of your other stuff.  It reminded me to Prodigy and Pendulum at spots.  I like the detuned sound of the lead against the base.

P.S. It's funny how everybody think on scenarios and soundscapes with your music... but this time it will definitely fit in my opinion with the descriptions above 
#9October 14th, 2006 · 12:35 AM
12 threads / 6 songs
36 posts
United States of America
Xtinction
Nice eurobeat you got there.  Love the synths  Nice fading in and out with the instruments and effects
This is a very catchy number                        -Mark from GRUNTLED
#10October 24th, 2006 · 05:15 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
Poland
nice eurobeat, noisy, but nice 
#11October 24th, 2006 · 10:51 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
24 posts
United States of America
Whew!
There is alot going on in this song! The overall feel is intense! I feel like I am walking in a club with a black leather trench coat, sunglasses, and an attitude! My adrenaline is pumping that is for sure!
#12October 31st, 2006 · 04:33 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
title says it all such compressionn of intensity , you never cease to amaze me ,synths rule.
#13November 1st, 2006 · 12:37 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
India
hmmmmm, i'm not much of a judge but i liked it.....
#14November 1st, 2006 · 11:24 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I'm still trying to sus out what exactly you are on dude, one full-on trip

This is excellent, I liked the typical German 'voice of death' sample/vocal under the second half of the song.

I'm getting glimpses of a Next Generation Yellow going on.
#15November 1st, 2006 · 03:26 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Xtinction
much more listenable 2 some of your previous ................................ hey i like this!!!!!!
voted

thanx eftos ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, keep smiling 

splash
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.