#1September 23rd, 2006 · 03:49 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Memories

This song is not in a battle

This is a nearly finished song (Warning - just over 7:00!!!) that i made over the last two days on FL Studio.  Was trying to experiment in the trance sector of music after listening to a lot of DJ Trax stuff. 

As I use FL Studio through my laptop keyboard (my knowledge of piano chords makes up all letters of the alphabet...punctuation marks too) the piano bits sound very stiff, rigid, and artifical.  What's more, I don't play piano.  If your intersted in putting piano (and maybe something else) to several parts of this song then message me and I'll let you know more as well as send you an alternative mp3 file without the piano and harp in.

Please don't post this song up anywhere else yet as it is still a work in progress Cheers

Tarsanth

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 23rd, 2006 · 04:38 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
sounds like techno
indeed, it's trance, and that can be enjoyable from time to time. Nice thick drum sounds. isn't fruity loops cute... I thought the synth arpeggio did some odd notes at the chord transitions, and some of the instrumentals didn't seem to be played in time that well, particulary the lead pluck synth coming it at around 4:00, so the track isn't perfect, but the pad sound is really great - there's a hint of a choir in there, very celestial. Is that a FL Studio instrument? What's it called? I gotta play around with that myself

I like it, though it's very long. Since it's instrumental, the pluck synth's off timing gets a bit distracting, but overall the idea is very nice. The main construction is very good, just tighten it up a little. And yeh more realistic piano sound, that too
#3September 23rd, 2006 · 05:30 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
re: sounds like techno
PuppetXeno wrote…
indeed, it's trance, and that can be enjoyable from time to time. Nice thick drum sounds. isn't fruity loops cute... I thought the synth arpeggio did some odd notes at the chord transitions, and some of the instrumentals didn't seem to be played in time that well, particulary the lead pluck synth coming it at around 4:00, so the track isn't perfect, but the pad sound is really great - there's a hint of a choir in there, very celestial. Is that a FL Studio instrument? What's it called? I gotta play around with that myself

I like it, though it's very long. Since it's instrumental, the pluck synth's off timing gets a bit distracting, but overall the idea is very nice. The main construction is very good, just tighten it up a little. And yeh more realistic piano sound, that too :)

Yep, I completley agree on the pluck being off.  My processor can't keep up with me when im doing that, so there is always a slight delay when i hit the keys which makes doing the lead's quite hard.  Buuutttt, those are the bits I am interested in having someone redo for me using better software/equipment/knowledge.  Can't wait to hear what some of the talented keyboard based bandamp members can make of it!

Re the choir - its under Instrument Prestes, Generators, Sytrus, Sim Synths --> Choir
Re the drums - there are 3 layers of bass drum and 2 layers of snare there to create the thick sound + plus 3 types of hihat.
#4September 23rd, 2006 · 07:08 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Pluck:
If you ask me I think the pluck is early, not late or delayed. Whatever it was it really got to me  just try pasting them in there instead of recording to fix time problems, it takes longer, but it works.

Completely ignoring your 'PLUCKED!' i really like this song it was cool trance/techno song that will get your head boppin.

I like the Volume jump on the kicks at the end.
#5September 23rd, 2006 · 07:14 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Is there a way of editing song files on this site, cos if there is I could jsut upload the version without the plucked and piano bit in it?
#6September 23rd, 2006 · 07:32 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
naa, you can't change an mp3 once it's up here, but you can ofcourse upload a version without those sounds in it, that's no problem.
#7September 23rd, 2006 · 07:45 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
The song file without piano and plucked leads can now be found here if your intersted.  It reveals a few minor timing issues on one of the string synths, but that will be covered up once a new piano/plucked is put on top:
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3370.html
#8October 4th, 2006 · 09:43 AM
3 posts
United States of America
ive used fl since back in 2.8 times. studio is nice. not exactly my style but what it takes to actually make tracks, i see your time has payed off. goodjob.
#9October 4th, 2006 · 10:18 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
wow i can see what u've done....

its a good song like i said, beautiful imagery n cool synths...

looking forward to the final thing.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:02 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.