1 2
#16July 19th, 2009 · 05:10 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
39 posts
United States of America
Sounds about right.
Is kinda funny, like you were writing lytics, recording, eating munchies, and laughing while you come up with profound nonsense.  Cool - I don't smoke the stuff, but have watched others and laughed with (and at) them. 
#17July 19th, 2009 · 11:15 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Smoking pot can be hilarious. I have less of a problem with it than with alcohol (how many bar fights were started because people got too high?) and it can take the drudgery out of practicing. I like this song but I haven't done much music lately. Had a big heart surgery thing. once I'm over that, I might try to finish this one up .
#18July 20th, 2009 · 11:43 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
bingo eerrrr bongo?
ooo kinda groovy and the smoky voice really adds to the mix.Nice harmonies reminds me of Stevie Wonder .
Hey "Historical Perspective " heh but I like the organ and interesting tones on the guitar  , great mellow groove really enjoying he BuZZZz.
Smokem if yoooz got em 
I think its interesting that CA may decrim Pot..........not because it's good 4 the health tho has been used as medicine 4 thousands of years but cause it's worth $5 billion a year to the economy and the gov wants in on he action via licensing and TAX.
Isn't it reassuring to know they care sooo much.
So when this was posted 3 years ago who'd a thought there'd be a recession....well a few people actually but they were gagged /smeared and treated like nut cases .

Thanks 4 posting brightened my day
nice rating 2

#19July 21st, 2009 · 10:07 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
I didnt have time to listen to it all but i liked what I did hear!
whats that line 'I've got your lighter but buds got your attitude'?? I love that
Sounds alot like incubus I think minus like the turntablism and wierd whale samples n whatnot! 
#20July 21st, 2009 · 03:58 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
you are a true groovemaster ............ cool
fabulous voc harmonies ........... the influence is clear........and you work it so well!!!
bass is a little light throughout .....but what the hell
great songwriting ..........premier cru....
vintage fish........
splash
love the windoff riff

please feel free to review any of my stuff
http://swordfish.bandamp.com/music.html
#21July 22nd, 2009 · 11:00 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Yoko -
Ha! It is sweet that pot's best chance for legalization comes from the motivation for profit. Irony, thy name is weed. There is no sin society won't embrace if it pays enough bills. Of course, it's not  a sin or even a vice. It's a boon to many people and should have been legalized ages ago. It does however turn you into an idiot and must be used prudently, just like booze.

PD-
I love songs that aren't love songs just as much as I love love songs. This is not a love song, or even an ode to pot. It's just an observation that the flashes of brilliance we experience when high are often nothing more than stoners giggling and spouting incoherent sentences while straight people roll their eyes..

Fish-
Coming form you, a real compliment. Thx for the listen. I just got new, grown-up equipment (a power mac and Protools so I'm going to start writing and recording again.

David
#22February 18th, 2021 · 03:11 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Came back to listen exactly to this one here.

And it gave me a good feeling for a brandnew start of a winter's day in Feb.
#23June 25th, 2021 · 09:57 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
Bloody hell. Dunno how I missed this one back in the day, it's really good. Lovin' the lyrical goofiness melded with a stone cold groove, no Steely Dan shaming in this house.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:45 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.