1 2
#16September 11th, 2006 · 12:33 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Irish huh?
:oOk you can get away with this once but after that the drugs wear off, bit like novacane at the dentist , actually this song reminded me that a check up is in order.
Hey howbout a 72 minute cd ,distribution to dentists to relax patients .....big bucks comming your way.
good luck with the music , like to hear more

#17September 13th, 2006 · 12:32 AM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
Yup! Ausie huh?
thanks? I duno, i know im not  good, and maybe im a bit too parnoid for this site, checked your stuff though, like it. give me a shout if youre ever coming over, give yous a place to crash.
#18September 14th, 2006 · 04:28 PM
1 posts
United States of America
I enjoyed it, not something I would put on my playlist, but I enjoyed listening to it. It sounds so different than other stuff, and party because of the way it was recorded.
#19September 20th, 2006 · 04:28 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
would anyone be interested in putting some drums on this for me? i know its not a particularly good tune, but i cant use drum thingys and would like to hear what it might sound like.
#20September 30th, 2006 · 04:24 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
why am I not able to download this. whn I click on the floppy shaped button it takes me back to Band amp's homepage
#21October 1st, 2006 · 01:59 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I don't know what to say...hmmm...what's that guitar tuning?
You said you're a beginner, in what.
If you're taking the piss and having some fun then great!
If not then I'm sorry
#22October 1st, 2006 · 09:33 AM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
well
well im a beginner in the sense that ive not written songs before.... i cant read music.. ive never had lessons.
not trying to take the piss.
the tuning is normal eadgba.
#23October 3rd, 2006 · 01:52 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Actually the 1st string should be an E and not a A if you want the traditional tuning.
I'm nobody to judge your music mate, but in my opinion your song is really bad played and sung...maybe there's a good idea behind though.
Try tuning the guitar properly and practice and something way better may come up. cheers
#24October 3rd, 2006 · 02:09 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
actually i did use standard tuning, i just posted it wrong last time.
i think the idea was decent enough..just the product wasnt great. hope to get some decent recording equipment in the next month so will try again.
#25October 5th, 2006 · 01:16 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Dude,
It takes big balls to lay yourself out on the line like this, so big props for that.
Lemme say I think there's room here for everyone from the top-flight pro to the rank amatuer.
I never post hard ass negative comments because i think the beginners need encouragement but, you should definitely learn a few scales, a few chords and a few licks - a library of stuff in your head that you can change around and use for new songs. That's what we all do to one extent or another and it works.
But remember, if people seem to be judgung you harshly, it's pbly cuz it's hard for people who have spent a lifetime practicing to hear this and be objective. I know you just started out but if this is going to be something you want to keep doing, you should definitely learn the stuff that'll help you. Btw, a basic knowledge of guitar is EASY.
I personally don't hold to the idea that anything, no matter how lame it is, is valid just because the author had a theme in mind. People who suck at something usually turn out to be ...well...people who suck at something. The songs and paintings and novels etc. that have resonated with humanity have been created by people who knew their craft.  it's those people who can touch the soul and change a person's life, to whatever extent that happens.
Anyway, you got the attitude, man. Now just get some chops to go along with it and you will be the shit, my friend.
good luck
#26October 5th, 2006 · 10:05 AM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
okay!
well thanks for the long comment alerion. just to tell you i do have a basic knowledge of guitar, been playing 8 years, but this particular song just doesnt portray that particularly well. i take on board what you are saying about ppl not being able to be objective about music that sounds unpractised when they practice alot, thats a good point.
i got the attitude, do i? i dunno..ill keep going anyway.
thanks again mr
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 9:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.