#1September 6th, 2006 · 06:05 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
today a promise
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 12 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-09

songish...bout being a drunk. angry sounding guitar,confused harmonica, loss for words. sorry for bad quality.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 6th, 2006 · 07:28 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
well the guitar wasnt so heavy when recorded,but i changed the pitch up and down and liked the sound. not a very practiced or good singer,but at least im aware of it. perserverance, long word that.
#3September 6th, 2006 · 07:36 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
I'm sorry, i just listened to this. I'm gonna go jump off my roof... again

um... yeah..

Sorry im so negative, don't let me discourage you. I just can't listen to it right now cuz it's so crude
#4September 6th, 2006 · 07:50 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
oh well,sure if you survive your jump,come back agian and it might sound better!
Dont worry, i know im no genius, i just wanted to see if anyone could listen to it, if its not your cup of tea its not your cup of tea.
#5September 6th, 2006 · 11:10 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
HEY!
This works....

The poor quality actually adds to the emotion, and makes it really get the point across..

As you said, it's about being a drunk, and the title, today a promise, it is exactly as it feels to be an alchoholic, trying to get past the addiction, and slipping, and sobering, and slipping again..  the frustration, the confusion, the anger... This is actually really cool, whether or not you meant for it to happen, you have created a nice artistic soundscape here....  Kudos my man!

JimK
#6September 6th, 2006 · 11:35 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
26 posts
United States of America
Creepy
Man, this is from another planet... 8-) I mean it sounds so bad to me, that it actually enters another dimension and in that dimension I kinda agree with JimK... 8-)
But let me tell you something - if Bob Dylan recorded this, it would be talked about as artistic masterpiece.

I can't vote on this, but that's all I have to say about it... 8-)
#7September 7th, 2006 · 08:42 AM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
fanks
thanks for the nice words.....not really a dylan fan,strange that its a bit like him then.
#8September 7th, 2006 · 11:33 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
seriously are you kidding?
what do you expect?
any votes? any comments? thought your last post was bad but this one is more than that.
#9September 7th, 2006 · 01:04 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
um I wrote a drunkard song once... think I now have a reason to upload it.

I think the effect of pitching up and then down, creating that odd modulation stuff is very experimental. but experimental comes out best when in combination with a few really crisp tracks in there. try havin' it with fruity loops for a bit, for some crispy drum patterns and synths. it'll add a lot.

as for the rest I largely go with what JimkDaAdtman said.
#10September 7th, 2006 · 03:18 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
i dont really expect much from anyone to be honest, mr keyboarder..... im a beginner....isnt that part of the joy of bandamp? that it puts good musician in the position to help, rather than simply criticise?
#11September 8th, 2006 · 11:23 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
lol i love you man this is great this makes me want to sit back and laugh at the world lmao and every one else lay off, lol im a beginner and no body says rude and crude things to me and you all know how bad i am at this stuff lol, at least he can play an insterment

your my new best friend man welcome to the amp, were glad to have you here stop by my page any time and say hi

- the girl made of paper
paper doll
#12September 9th, 2006 · 02:44 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
27 posts
United States of America
i like it
if the recording quality was a bit better this would be awesome, i really like it. It's very easy to listen to. This seems like something very pure and raw without being annoying or in your face or just plain shitty for the sake of being shitty, which is pretty refreshing to me.
#13September 9th, 2006 · 11:35 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
its awesome man i love it (I mean the noise) Now I am a crash test dummy for your songs

hey whisteling. I cant do that. never learned . how could you teach me in whisteling?

Love the ending chord
#14September 9th, 2006 · 05:39 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
wow that...sucked sry work on recording a listen to your chord progressions a little more b4 u do another song like this
#15September 10th, 2006 · 11:07 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
i think I night have played this
Got real drunk on tequila and think I might have played this same song .
hey people keep telling me to be more original with my writing WELL NOW, i think you have accomplished that already.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:32 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.