50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Teaser (Final)

This song is not in a battle

Hey all!

Finally we finished our demo "Teaser"
Blame me for the "bad" mix.

As you'll all probably know Jim AC is the big man behind this song.

He took care of the vocals, lenght and lyrics of the song for which I'm very very thankfull!

Please listen it to the end and let us know everything you got in mind (in relation to this song then )

Greetings!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 31st, 2006 · 02:40 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Phantastic quality. Phantastic vocal work. Drums are awesome though midi quality. Now I cant hear a bass cause too low on volume? And because of reggae rhythm where is the organ?
#3August 31st, 2006 · 03:14 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
hehe what you say is true...

I f*ck*d it a bit up with the eq, so bass is out. The organ is very on the back, if you listen close you'll notice it's there.
#4August 31st, 2006 · 03:22 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
"The big man behind the song" ........ I'm not so sure about that!!!

This was good fun to do.  Let's face it, all music is good fun to do - but I did enjoy writing the lyrics and playing around with the vocal delivery on this one.

The mix is not so bad, and the dodgy EQ is mainly because of the way you used my original draft version (with the music too!) as a reference to add in the backing instruments again. 
Perhaps it would have been better to re-do the backing with that as a reference, and then take out the original track and just add the basic vocal track.  That can be for the next one

Still - Overall, I think it's come out pretty damn well.

For all of you who expected a Ska-like vocal on this, sorry.  For those who didn't, I hope you're not disappointed!

Even without the vocals, this was a good bit of music Wisdom.
Well done
#5August 31st, 2006 · 04:22 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
very cool guys!!  wasn't expecting this at all - I like it!  liked how the lyrics came from the title...could you post the lyrics please? 
#6August 31st, 2006 · 06:20 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Spoony, the lyrics are already up on this site in the lyrics forum - but because it's you ( ) the link is: http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/32591.html
#7August 31st, 2006 · 06:27 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Heh, I always find reggea style tracks a bit wierd when the vocals aren't rasta.
But-I got into this.
The one problem I did have was the eq, but that's already been said.
So, turn that bass up. Alot, cause decent Reggea needs loud bass.
One more thing aswell, you should add a alod of bassy, deley style effects into it. It works really well. Try and find Thrown Away by Papa Roach, skip the track and listen to the hidden track. Turn the speakers up and the bass. Get over thefact it's Papa Roach and hopefuly you'll get what I mean about the cool effects.
KI
#8September 13th, 2006 · 09:45 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Finally
I have been waiting to hear this....and Im not dissapointed at all....Jim this song is deff you man...great vocals  and your lyrics ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ...Bob  great Job  buddy...Deff you guys get a high vote..and I have a new song for my playlist  and im d/loading it also.......WELL DONE

Flyer
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 2:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.