1 2

#1August 14th, 2006 · 04:36 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
18 posts
Canada
Waste of Flesh

This song is not in a battle

* full title- Waste of Flesh (MasterPlan)

Well this one is really close to my heart.The first lyrics I ever wrote. This entire song was  wrote 7 years ago.So you can say I'm a little excited.. The song is about a few things.I'm part native,I've been cheated on and I've seen young men grow up to be......well wastes of flesh because of their father's influence. DarkTear rippin the vocals out as always,another fine performance.Hope you enjoy.Oh...... the lyrics are in the lyric review.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 14th, 2006 · 06:01 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
nice
good turn out on this song   ....I like it

Flyer
#3August 14th, 2006 · 06:47 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
WHOA!! dude, i turned up the speakers to hear the voice in the beginning not a where of how loud i put it, and then the music started, i think the people in china found my ear drums....

any way good job, i pictured a diffent style and beat for this but this rox as well man! reminds me of a punk band i listen to every now and then. the chourus is stuck in my head now *sighs* oh well... that useally happens.... any way great job my friend keep em commin k? cant wait to hear more so now i will vote

love
pap
#4August 14th, 2006 · 08:52 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
alittlepaperdoll wrote…
WHOA!! dude, i turned up the speakers to hear the voice in the beginning not a where of how loud i put it, and then the music started, i think the people in china found my ear drums....

any way good job, i pictured a diffent style and beat for this but this rox as well man! reminds me of a punk band i listen to every now and then. the chourus is stuck in my head now *sighs* oh well... that useally happens.... any way great job my friend keep em commin k? cant wait to hear more so now i will vote

love
pap

Which punk band? I have alot of punk influences. I can't get enough of the attitude and those amazin 3 chords lmao.Seriously though, I picked up a guitar just so I could palm mute and what I like to call them "chicka chickas" O f course,Satrianni,Van Halen,Randy Rhodes and oh yeah some guy named Hendrix.Ever heard of him? But I was too lazy to learn there styles and well I wasn't born with god given talent.Anyways thanks for the post.Oh and I think DarkTear sounds a little like Henry Rollins(BlackFlag) on this one,he did an awesome job.
#5August 14th, 2006 · 10:12 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
hey i thought that was you singing?? wow darktear really has come a long ways! i really like this stye of vocals rather than the whole manotone thing, so great job to both of you man!
#6August 14th, 2006 · 10:19 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
alittlepaperdoll wrote…
hey i thought that was you singing?? wow darktear really has come a long ways! i really like this stye of vocals rather than the whole manotone thing, so great job to both of you man!

All of the ChildrenoftheNight stuff will have DarkTear on lead vocals.
#7August 15th, 2006 · 01:59 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well I listened to this, as the last thing I did before hitting the rag (or rack), anyway, I think the lyrics and vocals are really great, very powerful, and that's what keeps me listening.

the construction (progression) of the song is good too, really nothing wrong with this at all. for my personal taste I would love a really wide stereo effect on the distorted guitar, perhaps you could double the part twice and pan 1 hard left and the other hard right. Actually I'm hearing lots of little tricks you could add to lift the production quality, like having some of the last words of lyric phrases burst out and echo... and a subtle panned delay on the bass (far in the background, but this could spice up the overall soundscape greatly). These are just suggestions, there are many other ways for exta effectuation. The song works as-is btw, quite well

I really like the drum rhythm, just too bad the mp3 conversation adds this annoying flangy thing.

anyway: great song, would be a great live track I think!
#8August 15th, 2006 · 03:36 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
PuppetXeno wrote…
well I listened to this, as the last thing I did before hitting the rag (or rack), anyway, I think the lyrics and vocals are really great, very powerful, and that's what keeps me listening.

the construction (progression) of the song is good too, really nothing wrong with this at all. for my personal taste I would love a really wide stereo effect on the distorted guitar, perhaps you could double the part twice and pan 1 hard left and the other hard right. Actually I'm hearing lots of little tricks you could add to lift the production quality, like having some of the last words of lyric phrases burst out and echo... and a subtle panned delay on the bass (far in the background, but this could spice up the overall soundscape greatly). These are just suggestions, there are many other ways for exta effectuation. The song works as-is btw, quite well

I really like the drum rhythm, just too bad the mp3 conversation adds this annoying flangy thing.

anyway: great song, would be a great live track I think!

Well, some things to try.The "flangy" thing as you say may be because I mixed the drums too low and after I had to add another drum track.Maybe there a little out of sync.I will talk to DarkTear about the vox suggestion.I like the drums 2,it's the real kit in FL6. I was afraid it didn't work, last time I tried something similar I messed up the timing.
#9August 15th, 2006 · 11:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
BasketCase wrote…
The "flangy" thing as you say may be because I mixed the drums too low and after I had to add another drum track.Maybe there a little out of sync.I will talk to DarkTear about the vox suggestion.I like the drums 2,it's the real kit in FL6. I was afraid it didn't work, last time I tried something similar I messed up the timing.

ahha! yeah, that will cause that weird effect indeed. If you layer an audio track with the exact same audio there will be weird modulation sounds occuring, especially in digital recordings. A solution to the original drums being too quiet would be layering the same "midi" track but with different sounds. Even the same samples could do, but only if they're tuned up or down by a few seminotes. The best way of doing it would be a seperate track remix though; a little extra work but it sure pays off just right
#10August 15th, 2006 · 02:04 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
37 posts
United States of America
I am having so much fun working on these songs.  I guess that is why my vocals are not turning out so monotonous.   Of course, the talented music that is created by BasketCase makes it really easy for my vocals to sound good as well.  I am forever grateful to BasketCase for allowing me to be a part of these projects.
#11August 15th, 2006 · 02:35 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
nice song.

drums sound really nice. vox as well.

I suppose my only critique is that the opening guitar sounded like timing was off just a bit.

otherwise, sweet deal
#12August 15th, 2006 · 02:45 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
takaminerbb13 wrote…
nice song.

drums sound really nice. vox as well.

I suppose my only critique is that the opening guitar sounded like timing was off just a bit.

otherwise, sweet deal 8)

Well TY Taka, are you referring to the entire palm muted riff or just when it comes in behind the sustained open chord?

thanks for the comments,  DarkTear should start taking allot more credit for his vox,they are bringing the music alive.
#13August 15th, 2006 · 03:13 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I was referring to just where it comes in behind the open chord.

But it's really just a minor problem.

Actually, when everything is going, it sort of melts away. It's just in the beginning that I can hear it.
#14August 15th, 2006 · 03:15 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
takaminerbb13 wrote…
I was referring to just where it comes in behind the open chord.

But it's really just a minor problem.

Actually, when everything is going, it sort of melts away. It's just in the beginning that I can hear it.

That's what I thought,I actually did the intro in 2 parts so that would explain it.

Thanks again
#15August 15th, 2006 · 06:18 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i like this song , it has some nice melodic and rhytmic changes
maybe the vocal melody is a bit much the same all the time?
like the voice though
guitar is not too tight here and there in the intro, but i think the sound of it might be 'bigger' too, riff is great
and like PX said there are some mixing things to improve
that delay at 3:07 is fun !
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:25 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.