1 2

#1August 13th, 2006 · 11:57 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Dopeful
Score: 77.0%
Battle: 2006-09

My latest offering, following a little in the vein of 'Dreaming'. Hope you enjoy it. Any comments/ criticisms welcome.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 13th, 2006 · 12:24 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I like this song.

Great vox. Really great.

The bass is sharp, and it was really bothering me until the other instruments came in and helped smooth it over.

My only other critique is that I felt that the distorted guitars were unnecessary. I would have liked to hear this song stay clean, with an acoustic feel. Though, that being said, I liked 2:03.

Good song.
#3August 13th, 2006 · 06:30 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
sometimes bandamp is like an oister, you open it and hope to find a beautifull pearl

this is such a pearl to me

i just don't like that digital distorted guitarsound, and maybe i agree with Takaminerbb it doesn't add the right thing here, solomelody is quite nice though

maybe a breakdown would have been nice, its a bit predictable except for the ending,
i liked that change much

very nice mix of instruments and vocals too, all and all a very good vote from me

tnx for sharing!
#4August 13th, 2006 · 11:43 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Great vocal track.  I really like the structure of the song. It seemed to me to lack dynamic range but on the other hand it was kinda mesmerizing. it brings to mind a trippy '60s pop thang. Well done. i liked the distorted guitar parts too but the tone of the distorion was kind of thin.  I would've liked a more tubey, speakery, real sound. Just my bias though.
#5August 14th, 2006 · 02:24 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
yeah....I agree with my mates...this is a nice track. Like everybody else, I would like to hear a better guitar sound (it actually sounds like a keyboard synth guitar sound...is it?). But otherwise, a really interesting and listenable piece.
#6August 14th, 2006 · 02:26 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
sweeeeeeet

I like the contrast of moods you're setting, from dazily "d'hopeful" to sudden introspective, grinding frustration, and back again. very sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. I love the surf "twang". I not so much enjoy the distortion sound, but everything in the mix seems to work well together. You've improved heaps since your first upload. Your vocals are great this way.

- quite a sudden ending. Were you to put this on an album I'd suggest the next track to start out with the same kind of agression as this one ends. It would work well. I think this one would work very well in a live setting.
#7August 16th, 2006 · 06:19 PM
3 posts
United States of America
I LOVE THE GUITAR DISTORTION!!!! it sounds sweet
#8August 16th, 2006 · 11:44 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
i dont know why but... i agree with emo over there... *glances at emo with shifty eyes* its a nice little serprise and i LOVE the vocals on this track as with all your tracks.. and ending  is wonderfull... *goes into groupie mode* IM YOUR BIGEST FAN! *squeels*

erm uh hmm, ok now that ive regained my dignity, i will vote

paper doll
#9August 19th, 2006 · 03:08 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Wow Quite a few responses already. Thanks to all for your comments and votes. I won't address all the comments right now but there are a few points I should make.

The bass and guitar sounds are a bugbear for me- probably the low quality gear I'm using. I'd agree that the bass is a little sharp and the distorted guitar just sounds pants but with all the tweaking I am able to do this is the best I seem able to get them both.

The predictability and repetetiveness of the song was kind of intentional as a means of echoing the constant repetetive struggle going on as expressed through the lyrics.
The singing still ain't great but I'm getting better at hiding that through effects and layering. Thanks for all the kind words about the vox

PS 'My biggest fan', Paperdoll? You're my only fan

I really appreciate all your support and critique. Thanks guys.
#10August 25th, 2006 · 03:57 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Nice song. A really tropical feel at times.
#11August 25th, 2006 · 07:03 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
neat job........really like it
#12August 25th, 2006 · 11:02 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is a really decent sounding song. 
I like the way it seemed to carry me along until the ending - which is abrupt, it's true, but I think works well with the lyrics and sounds fine.
The distorted guitar isn't the best sound in the world ( ) but could be improved by adding delay to it, and letting the last note repeat and fade out (I think) - but only in during the lead work during the verse and chorus - I think a different sound is needed for the solo....... perhaps clean as Taka suggested.  The bass sounds fine for this song to me.
The vocal delivery is nice - I especially like the layered vocals, as I didn't expect them when the song first started.

Listened a few times now, and I still like it!

#13August 30th, 2006 · 01:28 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
great
I agree with EMOLOVESEMO that the distorted guitar is great and totally fits the song's mood and the lyrics - if anything the solo around 2:05 could be dirtied up a little - it sounds too digital for me still. vox are really great, especially harmonies, don't be apologetic     great ending, too!

all good
#14August 31st, 2006 · 06:28 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
52 posts
United Kingdom
like it..esp the vox really well mastered!
#15August 31st, 2006 · 06:41 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Yer, the distorted guitarsounds...wel naff, but the idea is good. I feel you should stick some better distortion on.
Frigin rocked.
KI
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.